Discussion » Nonsense » 21 fetuses, baby bodies found in E. China river

• Hassam
    Hassam wrote:
    JINAN, March 30 (Xinhua) -- Medical staff at a hospital have been suspended from work after at least 21 fetuses and baby bodies were found discarded in a river in east China's Jining City.

Some eight of the 21 bodies had tabs with clinic code numbers attached to their feet. The tabs showed the bodies were from the hospital of Jining Medical University.

Local health authorities and police have launched an investigation into the dumping.

"The hospital medical staff involved have been suspended from their work during the investigation," said Zhong Haitao, a spokesman at the Jining Health Bureau.

Zhong said the 21 bodies were salvaged by local residents and firemen Monday after they were discovered under a bridge spanning the Guangfu River in the outskirts of Jining.

The Beijing News reported Tuesday the bodies may have been dumped by cleaners from local hospitals after abortions and induced labor. Such dead bodies are treated as "medical waste" by hospitals.

The municipal environmental department said the most recent tests on the river's water quality showed it was not contaminated with major water indicators, unchanged with that of 2009.

The river is not one of the city's drinking water sources.

Editor: Lin Zhi
  • Suleman Ahmed
    Suleman Ahmed wrote:
  • Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen
    What's funnier than 10 dead babies in 10 barrels..

1 dead baby in 10 barrels
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Had anyone read about the "background" behind this?

I dont suppose it is related to any scientific experiment (again, been watching too much "Fringe") ... so my next is related to abortion, but I cannot be sure whether it is due to "child gender preference" or "avoid second child penalty" or "father-less pregnancy" ...

• Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen
    yeah haha... sorry it's a joke I heard a long time ago... and for some reason it was the first thing that came to mind when I read the article.

As for the discarded babies... I think there's many reasons why things like these happen, including all of those you mentioned... as well as not being prepared to bring a child into this world, or simply not wanting to bring a child into this shit hole of a world we live in.

Also.. considering there's people who eat their fetus in order to have a longer life... well it sort of lets you know what a baby is worth to many...

What boggles me the most about the news though is, why the hell choose a river?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    DD already listed the reasons these may have been aborted, but there's no excuse for throwing them in the river. The stem cells are valuable, these could have been used!
    Or at least as Diego mentioned, there's some people who eat fetuses (probably from Guangdong), so these should have been eaten if not used for experiments. Throwing them in a river is too wasteful, especially since there's nothing living in the river that would be able to benefit from their nutrients (I'm sure).
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    YoH YoH YoH China China China!! Speechless
  • Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:
  • Undermoonlight
    ...I see HYPOCRICY here...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.