• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:
    What do you all think of beards? I'm personally upset that I cannot grow a decent beard. Just not enough hair on my face.

I would love to have a beard like Andy Whitfield:

But alas, such a thing is not possible. Damned Chinese genetics!
  • Børge Notkevich
    haha can be damn sexy! depends on who of course!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I grew one for like 6 months once. It really looked awful. Just like my long hairs. I should try again sometime!
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    I give u my beard, estoy hasta los huevos de ella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I've had a beard from time to time, but people say I look younger and less frightening without it. Furthermore, I've found many girls don't like facial contact with bearded men, so I remain clean shaven-at least until the next time I take a 2 week road trip and forget to pack shaving gear.
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    “I've found many girls don't like facial contact with bearded men”
    soooooooooo true, we hate that. haha
  • Sofia
    Sofia wrote:
    muy bien
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Not everyone can pull that off ,unless you got a really solid good looking face.(it sounds mean..lol...but rough love...)...as far as I observe those facial hair they grow like crazy spring grasss...so wounldn't harm to always give it a try ...Clean shaved face works for most asian guys I think. It's always easier to look neat and smart than to look like....u know, clint eastwood.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    That shit grows too fast! For asians with beards, I just love how some very old men look with a beard, makes them look very wise!
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    is not too bad, with a strong beard of some days, like sandpaper, a guy can help to his gf (or bf) to save money in exfoliant creams
  • wrote:
    长什么不好,要长胡子?
    喜欢胡子,可以养一只狗了,毛茸茸的
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    hot,but could be very painful for ur g/f after KISSES.ouch
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    love is pain
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    Sun
    手感太不一样了吧。。。
    你那个比方就好比说人家喜欢花香,你让人家在家里摆塑料花儿一样~~
    不解风情啊。。。哈哈
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    i got a beard it touches my toes!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    My manscaping is sick, dawg.

Nothing says "I just don't give a fuck" like a full-on motherfucking neckbeard.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Mike,Dumbledore ...
    Thorstan,nop,definitely not most...my girlfriends they fancy beard men...with clean shirt on of course ...
    Dando,errrrr...is it itching...and do you clean them once a while?...just out of my jumpy curiousity.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I am the only example of beard-men fan here, seems ?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Yeah. And sometimes I leave food in it. For later.
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    Thorstan,for 3years?must be long enough to taste it with cream soup....;P
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    arghh hahaha
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    A face with a beard (for girls) is like an unshaven vagina(for guys).
  • Pernille Nordlie
    Lol.. Vincent.. thats so funny..
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    As I mentioned in the last beard thread, the only person who will kiss a man with a beard is another bearded man. Although I like my bearded look, it's been a couple weeks since my girlfriend has come anywhere near me, so I might have to shave it.... Unless Yuki's available... ^-^
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Yuki, we all know you have good taste. On a side note, I also wish my head were the right shape to be bald. I tried to shave before, but I have a conehead. Fuck... don't know what I'm going to do when I get older and start to lose hair!
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    ok...dude....since when you have joined the group of mocking yuki, too? :D

but guys...don't you think so? beard is kinda emblematic of masculine or power, which is favored by any gals with a little bit masochism tendency. And in my assumption, most gals are more or less a bit M, rather than S....

And about baldness. I just think bald men is sexually attractive. leather, beard, bald.....ok...I admit I am a pervert.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    @莫名,a fan of beard men does not mean that one will rush to all men with some hair on his face....like Jon said, shape and color do matter!
    BTW, unfortunately yuki is 'occupied', too.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    OK... Yuki... since when did you start referring to yourself in the 3rd person?

hahaha, seriously though, I meant it honestly, not as a mockery. I also like the rugged look of a bald guy with a beard. Maybe it's because I cannot be either of those things myself :(
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Yuki,
    Are you sure you're occupied? I'm also bald if that sweetens the pot... Owwww my girlfriend is biting me!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Yes, I actually look just like Thorstan. My dear girlfriend hates me though, so the extent to which women find it attractive is debatable.
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    depends on the face....can u imagine a ugly face with sexy beard?
  • Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    oh my god, they're fucking sexy.
  • Z
    Z wrote:
    I have a sexy beard like the one on the picture above just after two and a half days of not shaving. It goes together with hairy ass though. ;-) I love my genetics...
  • Simen Wangberg
    My beard is slowly making a triumphant comeback. Y'all watch the fuck out. Hellacious Beard comin' down on y'all real soon. WATCH THE FUCK OUT.
  • 爱米粒Emily
    I like bearded men. Well they have to be hot and cute, and that's where bearded come as a bonus.
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Beards are sexy; personally, I love a well-kept beard. Girls - don't shy away from the mustache ride! lol
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Careful Emily, you're only encouraging my plans for a forced marriage by adding an appreciation for beards to your intelligent commentary.

Aside: I showed my gf the picture in this thread:
    me: "帅不帅?“
    her: ”帅!"
    me: "Because he has a beard, right?"
    her: "Because he has hair!"
    Then she went back to ignoring me.

I guess Yuki's still the only woman for me...
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    我汗。。。。莫明~我怎么惹你了,了,了???
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    哈哈哈,亲爱的Yuki,就你一个人喜欢又没有头发又有胡子的男人!我就耐心的等待
    :-D
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Mustache Rides!!!!! HAHA I love that! Thank you for making me LMFAO.

I keep a beard from time to time. I like it because it is like having a pet on your face. I have gotten many complements lately on my beard here in Beijing, but perhaps that is because it makes my face look thinner hehe. I am not sure. I need to get some new beard trimmers because mine are broken now and its getting out of control lol.

Oh yeah use a good beard conditioner and you will not hurt your sweetie when you kiss her. I know it sounds so gay, but it works and it is worth it so she does not get all red and irritated around her mouth.

• Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    depends on if the guy can pull it off, but usually its pretty sexy...as long as it is trimmed.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

不一定啊不一定。有些女同事说我留点儿胡子很男人,特别是穿正装的时候,把胡子刮光了像太监…也有些女同事说我留点儿胡子看着很禽兽,不留胡子看着很善良。鉴于我深刻了解“女人心,海底针”的意义,我他妈也就不想了,爱谁谁~

• Magnus Lønn
    Magnus Lønn wrote:
    I usually have one just from laziness. I get my 5 o'clock shadow at noon and shaving is sooo annoying.

Back home people said I looked good with a few days scruff, but haven't found anyone in China who likes it. It's all about the baby face here I find.

My girlfriend included. My beard is very coarse so it gets sharp and prickly. She makes me shave it often :P
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    a facial hair, compared to the hairstyle of women, dreadful to me is the leftover or aftertaste in the jungle, and i would probabely recommend a style as nature as possible and offer to buy a shaving cream whose scent matches my taste if my bf has to assume he could be much more attractive with a facial hair to ...........whoever
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    and in fact i have been thinking of shaving my head, i would have done that long time ago if i did not happen to be told that it would frequently take more time to go to a barbershop.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Amber. ¿shave your head like a Shaolin monk?? why you have this odd desire inside?
    O_o
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    (潇然) Adolfo Secades
    because of a heart humbled by the consciousness of my physical inferiority to those beautiful creaures. compared to my innocent face, a bald head could probablely lead to being unique...............a shaolin monk.........means make me look strong like a kongfu boy? that is what i need too............good point.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I went 5 days without shaving and ended up with a beard like on the picture above, and then tried shaving it off with a worn razorblade. PAIN!
  • Christin Lund
    Christin Lund wrote:
    that man in the picture is so hot, but maybe not because he has a beard!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    I was kicked out of here, but i can not fail to comment about such an issue. All men that think that beards are not romantic to their girls are the ones that do not know how to keep them clean and style them up. They are always unkempt.
    I am sure if we are to ask all women in here to name the men in the world they have always admired, 90% of the men would be the ones with beards. Apart from that, if a man knows how to use his beard when having a romance with the girl friend, then it would be great for the girl and she will never let you shave your face clean.
    How do women feel when the faces of their boy friends are as smooth as theirs?
    My beard is at the back of my neck. Hehee
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Haha I am thinking about shaving my beard off tonight. I can feel the envy of other men as I walk through a crowded room full of smooth faces haha!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Let us not be damn. All men here should take there facial pictures and post them here. The women will then vote. Simple, no need to bleed out tongues. Mine is already here.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    There would be no contest. I can tell you the results now...

Kodi and I would win, with him in 1st place, followed closely by me, because we're both American Bad asses, riding motorcycles and whatnot. Chicks dig motorcycles. But his mohawk and beard growing ability would propel him to 1st place naturally. Thorstan and 莫明 would have a close battle for 3rd, but Thorstan would win out because of the picture with him having 5 guns pointed at him and his fearless resolve in the face of obvious danger. Sorry, 莫明.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    So you'd win a beard contest without the ability to have one! Damn you're good!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    That means bearded men are more handsome. Hehheee, especially ones with dog faces. A bearded man with a cat face would look funny though.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I would just like to announce that I have not shaved my chin for the last week in an attempt to grow a beard. My mustache hair is definitely insufficient to pull off anything than a scruffy adolescent look but the chin hair is coming along kind of nicely... I might actually keep it. I've never gone more than 2 days w/o shaving before so it feels extraordinarily strange and itchy...

-Jon Gu, attempting to defy the smooth-faced Chinaman tradition.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Open a blog, name it "chinese man attempts to grow a beard" and post one picture per day!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Beards and Trustworthiness(PIC)

I trim for job interviews, but I unleash the slow fuzzy fury once I've signed a contract. My employers never complain, as it actually works in my favor to look like a wizened old sage.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Song Shanmu ruins beards for the Chinese.

What the hell happened, Chinese dudes? Guan Yu's beard was motherfucking huge.
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    i like my mane.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    “hairy hairy eastern asia guy” always reminds me a guy called Shoko Asahar...

点击查看原始图片

right: I stole all of you hair, haha. left: FML...
  • Amalie Sæverud
    I just like the dark shadow of the beard, remind me how sexy and masculine this guy is! but one don't need to let his beard grow out! the shadow is good enough ! :)
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    What girl can resist a flavor savor? ;)
  • Ikevenson
    Ikevenson wrote:
    Jon Gu you are such a douche. there are many men from your so called "Chinese genetics" have this beard, especailly from the north. you are just a silly ABC arent ya.

and yes, andy whitefield is hot anyways, and I am not even gay
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Bitches don't know 'bout my beard MY BEARD IS A TRUE WARRIOR OF THE THREE KINGDOMS

• Petter Meisfjordskar
    Whatever the case, i will keep my beard.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    LOL 小莫 and Dando

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.