Discussion » Nonsense » 100 Things You Hate About Foreigners in China

  • Vincent AKA 文森特
    Vincent AKA 文森特 wrote:
    100 Things You Hate About Foreigners in China

    Ever so often I come across threads (predominantly by foreigners) having a go at China and it's people. Let's turn the tables and see whether or not we can can come up with 100 things we (that includes foreigners and locals) hate about foreigners and their habits/etiquette/demeanor in China. Add as many as you like to the list, we might just exceed 100...

    1. I hate the fact that individuals that whine most about China, it's people and culture are the ones that are dating/married to a local and would probably reside here for the rest of their lives.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    2. forgot who is the guest and who is the host here, in China.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    3. the colour of their skin
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    5. No matter how long they've lived here, they still know nothing beyond basic survival Chinese...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    6. Flushing toilet paper instead of dropping it in the bin.
  • Albulena Imeri
    7. Being arragant, extremely intolerant and stupid. (On some occassions.)
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    5.5. Not even learning basic survival Chinese (Imagine the stereotypical American traveler: if you don't understand their English, they'll say it louder until you do.) Seriously, learn the language of the country you're in.
    9. Instead of understanding the Chinese way of doing things, insisting that what they're used to is a better way and thinking that Chinese should change. (I do this too)
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    10. Spitting in public, and when you stare at them, they respond: "Hey, this is China!"
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    11. a certain pervasive Orientalism, where preconceived ideas give rise to the notion China is somehow antithetical to 'The West'.
  • Mariamawit Eskender
    13. foriengers arren't happy with all the good luck they get. they get money and women, my god!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I saw one so angry yesterday!!! He was at the golf driving range shouting in english at a chinese girl trying to help him and understand what the problem was. Telling her to shut up and stop talking to him cause he could not understand.

    But this guy was just a fucking moron, I'm pretty sure he's just the same kind of stupid angry guy wherever he is from.

    Most of those foreigners getting angry at everything because its China or Chinese are also always complaining about shitty stuff in their country.
  • Simon Frederic
    13. Picking fight with the local after too much beer
    14. Hanging around meat markets because relationships are just another kind a spirits
    15. Procrastinating
    16. Being rude. In English.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    I think we lost count;

    14. moronic behavior (Saibo)
    15. Picking fight with the local after too much beer
    16. Hanging around meat markets because relationships are just another kind a spirits
    17. Procrastinating
    18. Being rude. In English.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    19. The fact that they find "Chinese English" hilarious or make fun of the slightest grammatical, spelling error made by Chinese natives, yet their Chinese is pathetic!
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    this thread is very 'Daily Mail'
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    And your point is?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Apologies Mr Van Wyk, I ought to give you some context.

    The Daily Mail is a newspaper in Britain, it's nickname is the The Daily Hate, I guess because most of its stories seem pretty hateful.

    It also has problems with immigration i.e.it doesn't like foreigners very much (to the point of obsession in fact).

    Hope my point is a little clearer now.
  • wrote:
    20. Unilateral thinking, never respect local people's thinking, after all, most common people in this country are not well-educated and ignorant
    21. Invalid superiority, perhaps indulged by some stupid Chinese
    22. Like to label others with ideological words
    23. Complain but do nothing, just like most Chinese do
    24. Like the bad sides of this country, maybe, there are so many bad thing in China
    25. Western centralization and chauvinism
  • Daniel Westerberg
    26. Complain about crappy Chinese quality when they buy a mp3 player for 50 rmb and it breaks down after a week. (You get what you pay for!)
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Thanks Carlos, very much appreciated.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Sun! Come on, is that all you have? Let's aim for 50 within the next two hours!
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    This thread is merely thoughtless hate mongering and frankly should be treated as such. Replace the words "foreigner" with "blacks" Vincent, and you might understand just how puerile (at best) this exercise of yours is
  • wrote:
    Tony Dick,

    You should have to add at least 10 points to this thread.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    I can feel your anger Sun... Good... Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the Dark Side will be complete
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Don't be a dick Tony! Puerile? The only thing puerile here is you. The majority (if not all) of blacks in China are foreigners! I have no fucking clue where you coming from. Unless in your book blacks are not "worthy" to be labelled foreigners but are merely just blacks!
    I've seen threads dishing it out to the locals left, right and center. Yet you label this as "hate mongering" the moment roles have been reversed? This thread was posted in good spirit (come on, I'm a foreigner guilty of many of these demeanors myself!), until you came along and fucked it all up!
    Grow some balls, Mr. Dick.
  • Pål Kristan Grue Tufte
    interesting thread!
  • wrote:
    38. hypocritical, just like some Chinese, who are not American but always use American value to judge this country, totally stupid; but there are many right-minded foreigners in China.
    39. try to regard yourself as Chinese not as an outsider, which will help you understand this country and integrate yourself with this society, I know it's hard, but please try.
  • Maggie
    Maggie wrote:
    I might add my opinions, but then see the upper 6. Noop
  • Christopher Dame
    40. Making fun of ABC's accent
    41. Foreigner looking down at chinese guys if out clubbing and the foreigner thinking he's superior/better looking/more fun/cooler?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    You may have intended it good spirit Vincent but you just started a thread inviting people to write down things they hate about foreigners.

    You placed the thread within a narrative as a bit of tit-for-tat that turns the table on people 'having a go' at China. That's not making your 'good spirit' very clear.

    Don't know why you don't see why Dice is coming from either. He is clearly not saying that blacks are not worthy to be labelled foreigners. He's making an analogy, that if you substituted the word Blacks or Jews or whatever for foreigners, the moderators would take it down for being hateful.

    Just because you used the term foreigners and it is more broad that doesn't mean that everybody is fine with it. You obviously started it out as a bit of fun but that's not necessarily how it reads.

    As I pointed out earlier it struck me as all very Daily Mail(ish) whatever your intentions.

    And I'm not one of these politically correct types either, quite the opposite, I fuck kids.
  • wrote:
    42. Do not fool those stupid Chinese with sentences like these: China is a country with 5,000-year history, actually, it was used to fool you, haha. Because most of Chinese people do not read history books after they left school.
    43. Try to tell some truths to those common Chinese, just like this one: http://blog.cctv.com/html/79/746779-402142.html
  • Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen
    44. Those that think they can do whatever they want without consequence since police don't want to deal with them (maybe more so in SH than BJ).
    45. The fact that they came here
  • wrote:
    47. Just like Astaroth, do not like to learn to speak Chines; you guys come to China, you should try to speak Chinese, at the same time, most of you can find free girl to teach you. Astaroth has abundant experience.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    49. the cold weather in the north of China does that the most of them don´t relax their ass, and they become an assholes.

    50. The most ot them, say in some moment in Chine: Wow, Gong Bao Ji Ding is the most delicious chinese food. (hay que joderse, juzgar con tus propios criterios la comida extranjera).
  • wrote:
    OK, we take a break and find another 50 to reach 100, haha
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I think it's a bit different from a thread targeting any specific group... if he replaced "foreigners" with "blacks," then we have a racial hate thread like you said. If he used the word "Obama" instead then we have a political thread. If he said "humans" then it becomes a semi-amusing list of particular things about the human race...

    I can see how a headline would be particularly grating in other countries, but this is China... it's not like they are turning down white/black people at the VISA counter. Not yet at least! Personally I find it kinda amusing but maybe that's because I feel like a foreigner wherever I go, damn ABC inferiority syndrome...
  • wrote:
    51. it is not related with "hate", haha
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Carlos, Mr. Dice; After giving it a bit of thought I see where you coming from. This thread does have the potential do develop into something severely sour. My apologies (Mr. Dice) for prematurely jumping into "attack is the best defense" mode.

    However, when one hates certain demeanors/habits/actions of any person (be it foreign, local, family, friends) it does not automatically attest you hate the individual. You might hate the way your girlfriend never shuts up, I hate the fact that my moms always thinks she knows whats best for me - yet we still love them. My point being that it was fun, until Tony placed an unwanted tone on it.
    You might think Sun hates foreigners, but I'm certain he adores them - just doesn't agree with their way of doing things.
    After all, this is a forum, where issues are discussed whether you agree with it or not!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    52. They make it harder for Chinese guys to find girlfriends
  • wrote:
    52. I do not think so, I thank some guys who save some girls from being single forever in China, you know, I doubt their taste.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    53. They have yellow fever.
    54. They teach sexual words in their own language to their chinese dolls. Lazy for learn chinese words.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Fair Kop Vincent.

    I (like you) find those isn't China horrid threads bloody annoying ("ooh the spitting, oooh the rubbish") but think by just starting it in reverse it you can become just as a bad.

    As for what Sun thinks, well, he'll baffle me forever


    and in a spirit of good will...

    55. Moaning about political system as if they live in some kind of idyllic Ruritania where corruption doesn't exist
  • Christopher Dame
    this is turning into youtube commentaries!! :O
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I love this thread! Thank you Vincent! I was just having a conversation about this with a Chinese friend of mine.

    I hate that foreigners find everything bad to say about China and many do not even try in the least to understand China or the Chinese culture and language at all.

    I also hate that the guys are like walking dicks just looking for a hole to hide in.

    I also hate losers who all of a sudden become Don Juan once they get to China and they act like pricks without values.

    Foreigners who do not try to forge genuine friendships with Chinese people.

    Foreigners who forget where they are and get angry when they are confronted with unfamiliar situations and then they take it out on China or Chinese people.

    Ones who engage in racism against Chinese people and act like they are better.

    Foreigners who only hang out with other foreigners and only eat foreign food "Go home!!"

    People who treat Chinese girls/people like objects

    News flash: You are not better than anyone! China does not need the pocket change you have to spend here. Chinese are very hospitable and allow us to be here because they are studying how to become number 1 since by some stroke of luck the west achieved a monopoly over the world system. It will not last forever, so wake up and pay attention. While you are acting cool, acting a fool, and fucking everything that moves or fretting over what western comfort you cannot find here they are creating more engineers, doctors, scientists, computer programmers, lawyers, millionaires, billionaires, environmentalist, English speakers, financial analysts, CEO's, and future leaders than any other country.

    Oh yeah and another reality check! Beijing just became the 9th richest city in the world! China is building their military with weapons not to destroy but to disable any invaders who venture into China. More millionaires are made in China than any other country. These kids are actually focused on success, for their filial piety depends on it! Can you afford a house in Beijing? Looks like China is laying the groundwork for a race to the top and in the not so distant future they will be poised to disregard any political pressure from abroad since they have the highest rate of savings in the world, the most successful financial market during the financial crisis, and soaring trade surpluses and foreign currency.

    Wake up and stop being an asshole! Thank you everyone! I am sure at least some of this pertains to any one of us at some time or another. I am working on it the best I can to police myself and I mostly associate with Chinese people because I am usually disgusted by what foreigners do here because they surely would not dare act this way in their own country. I know I have been guilty of some, but at least have the discipline to realize it in yourself and realize where you are and how important it is in regard to life in China and how people view the west.

    Thank you Vincent for this post
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    well, I logged on looking forward to round two only to discover that Vincent has honorably conceded my point. I had a slight fit of pique when I read the whole thread, you see, and came across as a wee bit self-righteous.

    Vincent. for the record, a bit of kneejerk racism (if you can call it that) is hard if not impossible to avoid and I've found myself voicing the odd private criticism at, say, an obnoxious foreign nerd or some or boneheaded Chinaman - and couched it perhaps in unwarranted general terms (goddamn Americans! idiot Chinese! sexy British!).

    I thought formalizing it in written lists on this community was taking that to potentially unpleasant waters. And I dislike the China-bashing as much as you.

    I appreciate your remarks, though. There, how harmonious we all are!
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    I must add that I'm very disappointed that one of the Peters hasn't waded into the debate yet though.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Humility is always a vurtue. Well played! Have you guys been to Hong Kong?
  • Albulena Imeri
    @TonyDice: My intention was to communicate constructively on this thread. And I think the thread-owner and most of the contributors have good sense of humors, even on themselves.
  • Simen Wangberg
    "News flash: You are not better than anyone!"

    Well, no. I'm actually better than everyone. This has nothing to do with the fact that I'm a foreigner living in China. I'm just better. The end.

    On a less important note, a lot of foreigners are total idiots, fair enough. I'm not even going to try to defend some of the pricks I've encountered here. Lets just make sure not to generalize - every time I hear someone say "well, you know, all foreigners are ______", I recall all the times I've heard an idiot foreigner say "well, you know, all Chinese people are ______". The retard sword swings both ways. The RETARD SWORD.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    He's not making anyone a hot topic, he just likes the Peter(s) input.

    We all do....
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    I hate losers like TonyDice coming into the forum with a bag full of frustration , angry with every happy person and hoping to contaminate their bad moods!
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Haha well this one has cooled off really quickly. I am surprised more Chinese people have not come to vent yet. I was hoping to hear more of their opinions.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    (HATE)Being stuck up,conspiratorial,hypocrite,saying some shits in public,touching gals without the permission,rubbing with his big toy when dancing,put lots of perfume to cover his bad body smell ..... TO BE CONTINUE

    (LIKE)Be gentle,polite,respect,understanding,independent
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    Hahahaha ... in most cases, things have not changed much for the past 100 years, if anyone wants to understand more, please refer to your Chinese history book, around the 1900 era ...
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I hate the ones that look at me like a piece of shit when I smile and say hello in the street, like I'm some kind of psycho.
  • №❶ Passioη
    Mao Laoshi was right. Blow the trumpets, It's time to build another great wall. This time, the type that planes cannot fly over... who's with me? :)

    Although it's the Chinese brand of nescience that has ultimately accelerated this awkward trend, I do support the Chinese with their views because it carries a lot of truth. western looser come here and become stars (me too), that's a fact.

    The same assholes who criticized almost everything about china in the 1990s and 2000s are now flocking in to make money here, English teaching looser (not me)

    The same caucs who were extremely racist against Chinese people in the 80s are now here also focking chinese girls for free...

    ignorant / naive Chinese girls throw their pussies to wussies and lazy cowards who are only considered to be "male" in the 21st century...

    Those wussies show no respect for the pussy they manage to get. Next time you talk to me about Chinese girls being cheap, willing to kiss your ass, sock and fock your red cock for nothing "because you're a westerner", I'll break more than your face before you say the next word. Word

    Ok Ok, that's not what I hate about foreigners in yet.... Fill the blank spaces for me where I miss, will ya!

    60. Young foreigners who make every English sentence starting with "it's like, it's like... " They really think it's cool to play the fool... unfortunately, Chinese (especially female english learners) pick it up and play along not realising how silly it sounds.

    61. A lousy dark asshole who shows off his little pocket change by driving an open top car playing hip-hop loudly - I've only seen that once or twice though. You asshole, you think that attracts girls? a party mood at 12 noon on a working day? I hope it rains when next you attempt that. This is china, respect the Chinese peoples' love for silence if you yourself don't appreciate quietness...

    62. Oh yes, one more asshole in a club tipsy or drunk not knowing his limits on any object with long hair, wide hips and soft chest... Don't make me look like a jerk because of your own mistakes. moron...
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    chinese peoples love for silence? have i missed something here?
  • №❶ Passioη
    安静 ... look closely at the first character (safe), it has a female under it ;)
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    And the roof on top, means you're safe when you're wife is in the house!
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    63. If you have no rhythm, for heavens sake stay off the dance floor! I hate foreigners (no offense guys, but mostly white dudes) hogging the dance floor, shaking what their momma gave them to a rhythm unknown to mankind! It's embarrassing just watching!
  • Albulena Imeri
    River dance, anyone?
  • Ramz
    Ramz wrote:
    hahahahaha, this is the most bitter thread alive.
  • Undermoonlight
    ...laughing...really, this is fun...keep going people...hope to
  • Undermoonlight
    65. Ugly, fat chicks claim that there're lots of young handsome chinese guys going after them!
  • wrote:
    Guys, we should keep this thread alive forever, haha
    I will add more later.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    OMG you gotta love that fat chick comment, Ugly Americans!, and White guys that dance!!! OMFG this is the best thread ever! You guys are great!

    Foreigners who complain about everything here, but have not bought a return ticket yet.

    I think they should mass produce Dave Chapell's back pack stenographer in China just to record all the bitching that goes on by foreigners about China. : )
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I also hate the stereotype about black guys here. Not the big cock one, but the one about drugs.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    67. Foreigners who complain about everything here, but have no return ticket yet. (Kodi)
    68. I also hate the stereotype about black guys here. Not the big cock one, but the one about drugs. (Kodi)
    69. Foreigners who claim to be players, always bragging about their conquests. A true player does not boast about the number of girls his slept with, his reputation proceeds him.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:

    • no one thinks they are special anymore. 

    @Pete, so you are special? :P
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess
    yes, he is,  i am pete's groupie, i don't hate foreigners that much, but pete is a very good foreigner
  • WeLiveInBeijingRess
    u can meet him tonight at helen's, or he lives in hua qing jia yuan, i usually yell his name out  downstairs to ask if he is up for a beer!!!  :D 
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Dudes, that petephilia is an acquired taste.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
      Fuck, this is hardcore thread revival!

    I think we should all go and make an effort to dig up some old favourites...
  • Jonas Ekeli
    Jonas Ekeli wrote:
    this thread should never be left for dead, best one I've read on WLIB 

    I hate it when some times they never try to understand a bit of Chinese culture and start yelling instantly... while most Chinese would try their best to understand foreigners 
  • Jon erlend Nordby

    20 or 10 yars ago the quality of foreigners were fine,but nowadays,just rubbish rubbish and,rubbish in 80%,we don't need that.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc