Discussion » Beijing Life » The worst streets/intersections in Beijing

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    Shuangqing lu@ qinghua dong lu.

I swear to god!! shit man, i never saw so many backassed drives.

a 2 laned road, with no left turns, train tracks, bikes galore, recyclers, students walking.

sometimes the bottleneck can take you 2 hours just to go about 1 km.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Changhongqiao is the worst for me (gongti beilu X third ring) it's just always blocked!
  • Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen
    yeah... I hate that crossing... it's absolutely impossible... the problem is Wudaokou isn't much better and the whole area just gets stuck at peak times.... god I love my electric bike!
    yeah it works great on a skateboard too.... although it gets tiring on long trecks... cool thing is if traffic is actually moving you can find things to skitch from such as 三轮车, cars, busses... makes for a fun trip... although a bit scary on occasion
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    XI ZHI MEN WITHOUT DOUBT
  • Simen Wangberg
    HAHAHA I didn't think anyone else even knew what skitching was anymore. Anyone remember that video game for Sega Genesis? Anyway. That is cool that people still skitch. Diego - where does one go to buy a skateboard in Beijing? I mean a decent one, not some crap Walmart board or something.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Richard, have you seen the "swimming pool" at Xi Zhi Men before?
    There's quite a few shops around 东四.. I would recommend In-House/Life Force skateshop, it's on mao'er hutong near nanlouguxiang... although they might be out of decks right now... but they got their own brand bearings, wheels, trucks, and hardware all of which are fairly descent quality and very well priced. If you want imports, which are more expensive, you could try Tour or Eternal skateshops... both of which are around the area... if you want to go to Life force I can probably help you get a better price, so let me know.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    Until I was in Wudaokou between 5-8; I didn´t understand why here some police vans have in front of spiked mechanical shovels (like the cars of Mad Max or zombies), now i see the utility

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.