Discussion » Nonsense » what are you reading right now?

• Ramz
    Ramz wrote:
    Hit me up.

I'm currently reading World War Z during travel

and A song of Ice and Fire series during spare time at home.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Re-reading one of my favorites, Murakami's "Norwegian Wood," as well as Jung Chang's "Wild Swans," Joseph Heller's "Catch-22" and "Stilwell and the American Experience in China, 1911-45," which is historian Barbara Tuchman's Pulitzer Prize-winning account of American involvement in China during that time period.

I haven't read "World War Z" yet, but I loved his "Zombie Survival Guide."
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Rhaaa Astaroth, I opened this thread only to make that joke myself, you ruined my day!
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:
    "Conversations with God"
  • Børge Notkevich
    Duma Key, Stephen King
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    Just finished:
    Blood Wedding, Gracia Lorca(!!!)
    Six Stories of Morality, Eric Rohmer (!!!!!!!!!!)
    No longer human, Dazai Osamu (disappointed me..)

Started:
    A Burnt-out Case, Graham Greene
    The Lily of the Field The Bird of the Air , Kierkegaard (take this religous thesis as some kinda poem to read)
    =======
    I read World War Z in Jan...seems nothing special for me.

• Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    Thread in weliveinbeijing
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    the essay from Zhu Zi Qing
  • Ulrike Standau
    "Magic strikes", "Magic bites" and "Magic Burns" all by Illona Andrews, Urban Fantasy, great stuff, next one to come "Magics bleeds"
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (continuing to fill in gaps and Mark Twain has always rubbed me the wrong way)
    To Kill a Mockingbird (Re-reading it as I chose to teach it throughout this semester)

I've got Metropole to read next.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I've also been randomly flickling through The Importance of Understanding by Lin Yutang as literally my first attempt to take in Chinese literary culture.
  • Ramz
    Ramz wrote:
    Pete De - isnt 'Zombie Survival Guide' sort of like the second part to WWZ? (so I hear)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.