Discussion » Current Events » will you turn off lights for a hour on the night o

• Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:
    Extreme weathers have become more frequent around the global. Blizzard, flood, sand storm have claimed lives and resulted in economic losses. Some people are paying the price for what previous generations did. Some people are still damaging the environment.
    Earth Hour 2010 will take place on March 27. The public is urged to switch off all non-essential lights between 8.30pm and 9.30pm to help fight against climate change. Would you do your own bit?
  • Richard Ma
    Richard Ma wrote:
    wow! that's so profounding an analysis. do hope the event would increase awareness of combating global warming and practise in daily life as you said.
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Earth hour? What?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Saibo, I guess this event won't save energy, but I think it's a nice demonstration of people's commitments. Obviously we have no qualms with wasting energy anyway.
    Unfortunately I'll be at a concert and I don't think they'll turn the lights off.

8:30 tonight.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.