Discussion » Nonsense » Guys, do you like career women or family women?

  • Nicole
    Nicole wrote:
    Lately I've been talking about this with my girl friends: what type of woman do guys prefer? All my girl friends agree that every man has some man chauvinism, they like their GFs to admire them. But career women usually like to be the decision maker, you know, "wear the pants in the family". But family-oriented women have the tendancy to let their men run everything and become dependent on men.
    Guys, which type do you prefer? You can only choose one. You can't say that you would like both types combined into one person.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Hey first of all let me guess if you are a biz women.........is this right ??? and absolutely I prefer career women !
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Crazy! Most women are a bit of both career and family minded. So why would I want to choose only one?
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    I like intelligent and independent women
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    * Mostly folk like intelligent and independent ppl up to snuff *
  • Åshild Camilla Lande Berge
    That's not true, Saibo. Most women have jobs and family, but doesn't mean they are both career and family minded.
  • Åshild Camilla Lande Berge
    A woman has a job doesn't mean she is career-oriented.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Of course most women are balanced between both. Many women would not give up their jobs to stay only with their family or the opposite. So they're mixed between the two.
  • Åshild Camilla Lande Berge
    I like family woman because I'm not one! hahaha~
  • Åshild Camilla Lande Berge
    Most men have a feminine side, but they are still called men. Isn't it? So same logic is applied here. i'm talking about career type and family type. Career type women have families too, but they tend to care more about their careers; family type have jobs too, but they tend to care more about the families.
    So if you can't choose one, it doesn't matter, just don't.
  • Børge Notkevich
    My mum's a house wife, so are a lot of friend's mothers.
    Can't say I admire a house wife, nor do they inspire me.

    Though career women can be too strong minded, but I think it's a good thing :)
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Then I prefer someone who can have her own goals outside of her work and her family.
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
  • LL
    LL wrote:
    I think the best woman should have both sides, but I don't want my husband is family -oriented, if we all lazy for housework stuff, we can find a nanny!!!
  • Tor Martin Simonsen
    Why can't a career women be a good housewife during home hours like my Mom?
  • LL
    LL wrote:
    ·@ Elvis, then mam should be a good house-husband when he back home as well!!!!
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Career women. Reasons are as follows:

    1.I already have a kid. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I have no intention of procreating any further.
    2.Two incomes are better than one.
    3.I'm very indepenent and don't like the idea of a woman being dependent on me.
    4.Women with (interesting) careers are more stimulating to talk to.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    People say the traditional American family (whatever the FUCK that means) is falling apart because of divorce, feminism, homosexuality, etc. But no one blames capitalism, because they think it was what produced the post-WWII baby boom and the glorious 1950s. It's a crock of shit.

    Very few families can afford a stay-at-home mother. So why do we consider this "normal," if it's becoming so rare?

    "Family values" is such a bullshit term. To claim to be a "family" woman (or man) is totally arrogant, because it implies that working-class people care less about their families. As if people really choose to work just to enrich themselves, and not because they are compelled to work lest their families starve.

    I'm so sick of capitalists claiming that pursuing a career is a totally voluntary act. Someone IS holding a gun to our heads.

    My mother worked at a gas station while studying nursing. To imply that she wasn't sufficiently devoted to raising me and my brother would earn you a swift kick in the ass from her.

    Anyway, I'm philosophically opposed to the idea of making more of me, 'cuz God knows y'all couldn't handle any more of my shit. So obviously I prefer career women.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Of course a career woman is better. Housewives don't make very good sugar mammas...

    Seriously though, yes to what Dando-Z says, well spoken.
  • Hotdog
    Hotdog wrote:
    Since I am the oldest here so far in the disscussion and been around the block a few times. I prefer an educated career woman. I respect all women, but the career woman seems to be more mature and knows what she desires in life. I have observed that men with less education than the woman they have a relationship with get defensive and intimidated. This can be a big problem becasue the man usually degrades the significant other because he feels he is not equal. It starts with small sarcastic remarks to his significant other and then said in public and gets worse.
    Further I think it makes her have more self-esteem knowing that she is equal in the relationship and not dependent on someone if the relationship goes bad.
    These are my opinions and sure others strongly disagree.
  • Åshild Camilla Lande Berge
    Nice discussion, guys! Keep it on!
  • Magnus Lønn
    Magnus Lønn wrote:
    Generally a career minded women is more independant than a family oriented women. This allows them to have and understand an equal relationship with a guy. Both are contributing to the relationship as a whole and thus are both better for it.

    I can't stand relationships where one of the people isn't pulling their own weight and expects the other to do everything for them. All relationships should be equal in my opinion, with both people being independant and coming together to create a lasting partnership.

    And along the same lines that Masterloggie finished with. There is less stress on both parties in an equal relationship making it more comfortable for them.
  • Patrick Coleman
    any women with a hole. will do just fine! would prefer the one thats not praying!
  • Saint - Spartacus
    if i am a man,i'd like to live with a family women type of japanese woman, but i'll always crush on career woman, i don't think one person can keep both in the perfect condition, well, if i'm a loser i chose career woman as wife ,if not then a family woman > < !
  • G
    G wrote:
    very good question...

    a combination between family woman and career woman...we need balance...
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    This topic is one of controversy and might be sensitive/offensive to some so lemme start by stating that I base my argument on something I learned (perhaps slightly related to a different field) in my second year of Applied Mathematics known as logic. I'm not saying that women should get paid less than men. I'm just placing a suggestion on the table purely for humorous purposes to entice further reader discussion on the issue.
    A few days ago I went on about the 10th date with a women. The evening started with a movie (Confucius, great movie) followed by dinner. The dinner was quite expensive too. Peri Peri roast beef makes one quite thirsty, suffice to say we headed to the cozy little bar on the corner for a couple (which soon turned into more) of drinks. The total cost for the one night was about RMB 2000.
    I'm sure you all see where I'm heading. That expense was for one night of the week only! I have to add it was worth every cent! Now, visualise how much it costs me given we go out twice a week.
    If I invite someone out to dinner or drinks, I always take care of the bill.Lemme tell you why. Society dictates that, in general, men should pay the bill. It's considered gentlemanly on our part and shows that we are adequate providers. (I'm not cheap, I really don't mind paying the bill)
    So, my logical mathematical conclusion on why men get paid more than women is as follows. I think that as long as society pushes men to pay the bills, then society should also expect that men will earn more money than women in order to compensate for the extra expense. It is society's way of balancing out both genders' chequebooks.
    What we should ask ourselves is, 'Is the glass half-full or half-empty?' Alternately, 'Should women get paid less than men or should men get paid more than women?'
    I'm not saying women should get paid less than men. But as long as men are expected to pay for everything, they should get paid more. If not, men would have negative balances in their chequebooks. Let's call a spade a spade, if it's sexist for us to believe that men should make more money, then it's also sexist to expect men to pay for everything. And if you truly believe that it's OK for women to pay the bill in such cases - lemme assure you not only would you be labelled as a cheapskate but also will you find yourself alone in bed that very night clinching your palms gently between your thighs!
    Food for thought, eagerly awaiting for you to lemme know what you think of this absurd suggestion!
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    yes to women, and yes to gentle clinching of palms, particularly between thighs.

    But what I'd do Vincent, is try dating people of not too dissimilar wealth to yourself and you'll find they offer to pay regularly. an offer I'll accept if I'm not much better off or worse off than them. call me a cheapskate, but it doesn't end your chances of getting it on!
    i find women are surprisingly generous
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    i prefer to family woman.
    'cause career woman don't have much free time and sometimes don't have time to take care of their children.
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    "You can't say that you would like both"

    I bloody well can and I bloody well do!
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    I was just discussing this thread with my friend tonight.We both are quite indepedent,never suppose that we are career women,but at least we buy us everything we wanted! And we quite enjoy to be indepedent,even that is really hard moment somehow,and people are just being tough to us.But at least,I get respect from men,you guys just look,I dont depend on you,but myself,however Im doing much more better then u.
    Work hard,play hard,the men can do,so do the women :)
  • Lingling
    Lingling wrote:
    better for women just to be themselves...no need to change into a career or family kind for anyone. Whatever suits yourself~
  • Ayka
    Ayka wrote:
    super women .............
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I guess career-minded, for pretty much the exact reasons that Chris Watts gave. Plus I just find someone that has plans and goals other than 'find a stable man to marry and then procreate' more interesting.

    Having said that, when this topic comes up in conversation I always think of this interview that a famous literary person gave(I forgot who it was), and he was asked what was the key to his success, and he said something like 'my wife was not ambitious' which I think is a fantastic way of summing up the benefits of a family woman even if it is an older viewpoint.

  • Christine
    Christine wrote:
    Try to balance your caree and family, and enjoy happiness at each position. I mean no matter you are a biz woman or housewife, it's your own choice your life.
    If you prefer to be more independent, you should meet a guy who could totally understand and support your. You can't change your mind just to make BF happy.
  • Marte Joahansen
    Career women does for me.
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    career women.
  • Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:
    career women!!!!
    hmmm.....and...a little family woman....hah
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Frankly I find anybody that is that into their career a bit of bore.

    If somebody pointed out a ‘career woman’ at a party, I wouldn’t be rushing over to make small talk. By the same token I’d be horrified (and amused) if somebody told me they were a ‘career man’.

    Many people do decide to define themselves according to their careers, which beggars belief to me. In most cases a job is something we do for money, the vast majority of them are dull and tedious.

    You meet numerous people in marketing, sales, accounting whatever that ‘really love their jobs’. Really?

    People often convince themselves they love their jobs because if they didn’t they would have to realize that a large portion of their lives were meaningless and that’s not a pretty thing to deal with.

    Career woman? Give me a horny, unemployed, crack addict every time

Please login to post a reply to this thread.


WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc