Discussion » Nonsense » Mankind's nature

  • Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    I read another stupid report about a case of sexual abuse of children/teenagers in the Catholic Church. Granted not all those people have this issue but, it raises a very interesting discussion.

    Why does mankind allow its natural desires and needs to repeatedly repressed?

    sex, greed, sloth and the other "sins" have been condemned by so many around the world. Yet, as you look around. Do you see people engaging in them?

    It is natural to want what someone else has. Or to have sex or to want more of something(money, power, sex, cars etc etc)

    I for one will not repress this shit anymore and will take a stand against that which tells me I am bad for what it is I wish to do.

    Even a Masochist or a gay person has their natural inclinations. even if I disagree with many of these things, I think its wrong to refuse them or oneself.

    Evil backwards is live!!
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    IF you have the desire to sexually abuse children I think maybe you should repress it.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Haha Carlos, I think Astaroth is suggesting that it's repressing the "normal urges", such as banging the bejesus out of any hot nuns who will let you have their way with them, which gives rise the "abnormal" temptation to molest children.

    Actually though, other primates regularly molest children, and most mammal species regularly exhibit homosexual behavior, so if society would for some reason like to stop one or both of these activities, I think teaching restraint is the only option.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up guys, think i'm going to stick with my former statement.

    Hope it's all going well with Satan.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Astaroth, why aren't pedophiles normal?
    I don't rape kids by the way, if anyone's wondering.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Nice to hear that you get consent 莫明!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    No Carlos, they rape me! Although I look strong in my avatar, unfortunately it's life-sized. I'm actually only 8 centimeters tall and completely unable to defend myself from those perverted children!

    Seriously though, all animals are disgusting. Google "binobo sexual behavior" or the likes and you'll see that they're just as sick as old British men who vacation in the Philippines. Abhorrent behavior by my standards yes, but definitely "normal".
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Astaroth, So do murderers, but their behavior is normal too.
    Wasn't your original premise that "even if I disagree with many of these things, I think its wrong to refuse [natural inclinations] or oneself." Are you recanting now?
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Of course it is normal; I fully intend to retire in the Philippines (as soon as my career in Glam Rock gets going).
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Fuck human nature. If you're not making decisions that shape your own nature, you're not human.

    There's nothing wrong with any sort of sex as long as it's mutually consensual. Pedophiles psychologically manipulate kids into giving consent. Kids are pretty clever but they want to mimic adults in any way they can, and they quickly learn how to look like they enjoy it, because that's what pedos want. In pedophile subcultures, these "groomed" kids seem like they're willing participants, and this reinforces the pedophile's belief that what they are doing is not wrong, and that the taboo is an obstacle to true romantic love.

    These kids emotionally crippled and as they mature they will continue to treat sex as a way to obtain social or material rewards. Sexually abused kids are far more likely to become abusers.

    Next topic: Incest is wincest. Discuss.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Dando,
    Hahaha, while I totally agree with you, I just realized that if you replace "kids" with "women" and "pedophiles" with "men", it is pretty much equally true.
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    哈哈,your not saying women try to mimic men are you?
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    strap-on anyone?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Jarg, I'm saying that men psychologically manipulate women into consent, and that they only pretend to like sex in the first place because it gets them things they want (like love) from men. I'm less than half kidding.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Haha, ok Sheryl, it still looks like you agree with me. Rephrase "sex" in my earlier statement to "sex with men".
    Astaroth, if you somehow manipulate a woman into having consensual sex with you, it's no different from a priest manipulating a 12 year old boy into having sex with them.

    No I'm just trying to kill time. Pedophiles are sick.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Astaroth,
    Then why do women still need to have abortions and treatment for syphilis? If they understand consequences, why do they act like 12 year olds?

    I will put down my own standard. No one who doesn't know how to use a condom is old enough to have sex. Everybody else, go knock yourselves out!
  • Arlen Syver Wasserman
    Animal urges need to be repressed because we do not live in the forest, by ourselves, without consequence.

    We have society and values for the protection of the weak. If we gave in to every urge and allowed animal sense to take over, why not just carry clubs around and knock out and screw anything that walks? I think the reason is obvious, I'm sure many women would not appreciate this.

    Desires can control us better than we understand. Food, sex, drugs all can be addictive. Eat to much, you can become bedridden and die from a heart attack. Have sex to much, even protected can lead to disease. To many drugs, well just ask a few of the best musicians to come into our lives. Oh wait you can't because they're dead.

    You can find examples where this seemingly natural desires, sex food, comfort and escape all can become abused and lead to not only physical but I believe mental debilitation.

    As for you mentioning catholics, I myself am catholic. And I find what has happened in the catholic church sad and appaling. But I do believe in the pracitce of complete abstinence for the sake of religious practice. It is for this reason in fact that the catholic church has many child abusers. A person with urges for children know that it is wrong, they know that it hurts the child and leaves the children with lifelong complexes. So they go into the priesthood hoping that they can face their desires. It does not always work, but many times it does.

    Sexual abstinence is not unique to the catholic church. In ancient India, monks believed that the body produced tapas, which is like heat which the body creates and sexual abstinence allows this tapas to grow which leads to greaty mental faculty.

    I believe that controling the body, meditation, controled breathing exercices, working out, sexual abstinence are all forms of controling the mind and our spirit.

    My point is, mind your desires, they can get the best of you. Control your body, and you can have a clear mind.

  • Simon Frederic
    Domination is part of all life forms struggles.
    Physical/sexual domination exists within every species. fine.

    Pedophile are often the weakest of all the chain. They have nothing else to bully. May they be dressed with the white or not.

    Would it be my children- i would lock the guy away in my basement without any light for the rest of his life.

    ------------
    Now if you want to ponder on something darker:
    can a thirty date a 17 year old? or a fifty a 25?
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    its physically possible, and has happened many times no doubt. it doesn't usually look right somehow though...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc