Discussion » Health & Fitness » Former Martial art coach looking for Training part

• Simon Frederic
    Simon Frederic wrote:
    Former Martial Coach is looking for training and sparring partners to avoid being too rusty.
    Padwork . kickboxing - wrestling- ground fighting- self defence and quick kills-
    light sparring
    Beginners to advance. men women or others - as long as motivated
    Preferably in or near my neighbourhood (maybe in the gym or...). Northwangjing (aozhoukangdu /austalian condo)
    Late evening/ early mornings or day time weekdays
    How long?
    90-120 min at least twice a week.
    Won't charge anything.

TXT me
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Damn I wish you didn't live unreasonably far away. Could use somebody to train with.
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Ill be interested I am from Chaoyang. Although I am not sure if that is far away? i am afraid I am new to Beijing and do not know how far Chaoyang is from Wangjing.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Mike : now i;m sure you are new here..haha ..Wang Jing is Chaoyang district
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    haha oops my mistake, thanks for the info Blair Witch. Dont cast me under a spell tho for my errors!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Wangjing is the north west corner of Chaoyang district, outside the north 4th ring. It's a trek for people living / working in the International Business area.
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    I am interested , but distance is an obstacle, am living in shuangjing which is way too far from Wangjing.
    Been looking for training' partner since I came to China ( my specialty is Karate SOTOKAN) did some self-defence too..and I welcome any medium and advanced level practitioner.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Alban, I live at Shuangjing, let's practice!
    I've got thai pads and no one to hold them. I'm impressively out of practice though; essentially beginner level, if you don't mind putting up with that...
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    I was told there is a training tatami on the 9th floor of Fulicheng Viva, so that could be cool for a 2 hours session per 2 days .... I will contact u 莫明 once am done asking about the venue
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Zhujianddijing has a poorly equipped gym, but the location's convenient enough. No mats but a small carpet area. Tatami sounds cool.
  • Simon Frederic
    You guys are sure fast!
    I used to teach Kickboxing muaythai- but I am trained in more than that.
    I am more inclined to mixing styles since it is what I have always done but if we take things one by one:

English Boxing: I guess I am ok. giving up on back hand elbows clinch and legs is not that a big bother but I tend wagging low.

Ground: i am probably rusty but still know what can be done and how. flexible so i am hard to tap. like to go for legs. enjoy catch as catch can wrestling

wrestling: like to keep a strange chen taiji stance. uses judo- chinese wrestling sambo and joint locks mainly

I have (or perhaps used to ) good conditioning- stamina - strong low kicks.- can do the splits between trees while eating bananas and know how to put someone done in a street fight.

I live not very far of Wangjing East line 13 subway line. Best is to live around there or to have a motorbike. Used to teach in Wudaokou. Friend still teaches there.

for people in Shuangjing thats line 10 Taiyanggong and a three-four ks warm up run north hehe.

• wrote:
    It seems that all you guys are master of Kongfu!
  • Simon Frederic
    says the panda.
    we used to have two websites me and my friend when we open the gym a few years back. both site havent been updates for a while
    mine was
    and his was
    he still teaches if you guys are living around wudaokou i strongly recommend it
  • Simon Frederic
    Typo: down not done.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.