Discussion » Technology » How to get a contract iPhone?

• Wu Tao
    Wu Tao wrote:
    Hey,

I'd like to get an Apple iPhone and a contract with a Chinese phone company. Who knows about it? Which choice is the best?

Thanks, Tao
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I just know the mainland phones don't have wireless function (802.11), just 3G.
    Get HK 水货 if you want to be able to use 3G and wireless, or get an overseas model if you want to be able to use your 3G overseas. (China unicom made its own 3G network that's incompatible with the rest of the world in order to create a market for Chinese phones. I don't know what the other provider did, so maybe overseas 3G phones can be used in China?)
  • Valery
    Valery wrote:
    Thanks a lot.
    Where should I go to get the 水货 in Beijing?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

We once went to get a new Nokia at a shop that we found from the web, the phone and all the accesories were put in a Nokia box in a very loose way, and when we questioned the shop, they told us that was a HK "water good", but it felt a little too dodgy, so we left ...

I dont know where you can get a genuine iPhone "water good", but the point I want to make here is that, if some shop claims that the phone is "water good", you still need to be very careful ... if your friends are into trendy electronics, some of them might know, otherwise, see if you can find a contact point located in HK ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.