Discussion » Nonsense » Quoting your source: Yes Sir

• Minger
    Minger wrote:
    It is proper when directly quoting someone else's writing or otherwise incorporate it into your own work that you put quotes around the content, and say the original source.

For example of what not to do, see a recent post: http://www.weliveinbeijing.com/discussion/thread.rails?Tid=1000002812
    The author fails to note that his post simply reposts this article: http://hi.nciku.com/space.php?uid=6675&do=blog&id=2398
    and instead treats it as his own work.

For other examples, try googling any comprehensible English posts by user "Yes Sir".
    For examples of proper quoting of others materials, see any news articles posted by user "Sun".
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Yes Sir isn't a real person. The account is actually just a bot spider that regurgitates other web articles, but most of time it doesn't work and just randomly jumbles words together in iambic pentameter.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Because seriously, if all you can do is copy other peoples posts, and use Google to translate pidgin French raps into nonsensical English that doesn't rhyme, then you're only worth about as much as 30 lines of viral code that does the same thing.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Thank you Jon, I actually realized that some time ago, but today the bot-spider deleted my posts so I considered that it might have some other functions too that we don't know about.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yes, sir, is not that bad
    In fact, I planted a happy
    He shows a hand and lend
    Here we crazy fantasy land
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Oh yes, the additional functions, I forgot about some of those... for example questioning the fact that a black man is actually black.....
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Pete, you need a hat ... then we have "Yes Sir in Wonderland" ...
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Jesus Pete, you are amazing. I thought that your post was actually written by Yes Sir on account of its incomprehensibility. So now we know that not only can you rap, but you can imitate too. Are you interested in showbiz?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Entertainment? It sounds very good. Possible to connect to you in my Hollywood connection. I can write, rap, singing, dancing ... and even make the songs and dances, and candystriped shirt and Penny loafer-style drama.
  • Roki
    Roki wrote:
    haha Good Boy !!! come back to LA and try to learn your lyrics again !!! you're Chinese now .....
    Mum will love to talk to u ...
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    i wonder where the "my Hollywood connection" is, if full of writing and dancing in there.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    >Because seriously, if all you can do is copy other peoples posts, and use Google to >translate pidgin French raps into nonsensical English that doesn't rhyme, then you're >only worth about as much as 30 lines of viral code that does the same thing.

That's because French rap sucks balls in first place ;)
  • Marlene Sannes
    @YES SIR. I want you give me some french lyrics cuz u can speak french too !!,, haha Roki said you have to go back to LA and learn some lyrics again !! lol..
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Yes Sir Mr lyrical
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Is Yes Sir aware of the fact that people actually think he's some form of spamming computer code and not actually real? Course that would make sense if he didn't. "Bot spiders" don't have feelings (yet, at any rate)
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I actually googled his apology above to see if it was real or just some copied posting from another forum. looks legit though, i guess he's not a spider.
  • Hans-arne Sundal aasebø
    Anyway !! i like that Man , Yes Sir. Handsome , intelligent , taller , and Nice !!
    And i like to watch his lyrics on this webside !!
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    lyrics missing we are ur Yes Sir? us bring some lyrics of urs hahahaha

• Joakim Berg Solum
    How about your analysis of this little exchange (in response to my bot accusation)? Botnet generated or real? hahaha

Black Boy In The Building Tonight
    19 March 2010 - 19:51
    Remember if you got down ,, its cuz us .. and im tellin' u if we find u somewhere , i;m sure we gonna bit your ass really .. and u do not mind meet us tonight at VICS ,,, whatever we're lookin' for you and i'm sure we will got you .

Jon Gu
    19 March 2010 - 21:03
    Oh, Vic's, perfect. The one place where it's so loud that none of the ladies will notice that you can't speak English.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Carote, you like Simon Webbe's picture and Tupac's lyrics, or you like???
    wuuu YES Sir .. i like u so much .. handsome boy ,, put yr real picture if you are real man bro.
  • Roki
    Roki wrote:
    hahah ... Carote follow a real Man like 2pac is better to follow Rebala !!
    hahaha ta Y ,, maybe his dd , like a Rebala ass...
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    What the fuck is going on here?
    We got a Rebala here !! like a Less and can't move his Ass
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Actually, I must concede that the picture Yes Sir previously had up, which I presume was his baby son, was adorable.
    Roki !! i'm goin' to get off cuz i do not see real Man on the topic !!!
  • Roki
    Roki wrote:
    haha..i gotta get off too!!! Try to b a Real!!
  • Marlene Sannes
    oooh my God ,, u guys got time!! u guys , are u stillin' here to talk to this Rebala ,, like a Less ,,, And can't move his Ass up !! Go and talk a Real Man ..
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    @Aurélien,
    I think the code replicated and made more nonsensical spam bots.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I love this thread.

I wish we could take the emotion we're all feeling right now, bottle it, and market it as a sports drink.
  • Kamilla Bjørnøy
    That is Good Man And Real... always want to make peace and love !!!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I know man. Although this is slightly entertaining, can we maybe just delete accounts that do nothing but spew nonsense? Admin, are these all the same IP address?
    Yay for free speech and people can post dissenting opinions all day long, but having to filter through crap to read those opinions is just annoying.

Anyway, it's nice out today in between sand storms...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    We'll look into it.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.