Discussion » Dating & Romance » Chinese Women in USA

• Josh Corleon
    Josh Corleon wrote:
    Its funny because I talk with Chinese women online and they seem to like me but if a Chinese woman is in the USA there's so many choices for them, they wont date me. Ha ha oh well.......
  • Marlene Sannes
    哈哈哈 shitt up !! YesSir 哈哈哈!!
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    So?
  • Thomas Fjeldstad
    cool thanks for posting..........
  • Thomas Fjeldstad
    nice trolling
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Are you posting to make yourself feel bad? The girls who like you in China but wouldn't like you if they were in the states, well... they don't really like you now do they? Takes balls to admit it though, I'll give you that.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Well let's give him the benefit of the doubt first...

Maybe you give off the whole "yellow fever" aura when you chase Chinese girls in America. A lot of girls are kinda put off and offended by that. In China though, it's seen as pretty normal for foreign boys to chase after local girls, so they don't have a much of a basis for "yellow fever" type rejections?
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    why not the title change for ?
  • Thomas Fjeldstad
    @yes sir your a fucking moron i think you need medication

@John you look like a real ladies man /sarcasm

@Ciara gtfo then?

Yes all of you are quite the ladies men
  • Thomas Fjeldstad
    @yes sir nice broken engrish
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Ok, I realized that Josh does not live in China, so he deserves some slack... A basic explanation:

In the US: Chinese girls are just like all the other girls. Some of them will like you, some won't. The ratio that like you might be lower than the ratio of other girls that like you if they have a Chinese cultural background (as opposed to just an ethnic background), because people of similar cultures tend to find more in common (they might be more likely to go for ABC guys).

In China: The girls who are meeting you over the internet do not like you in the western sense. For most people, China is a feudal society, and women look for husbands (not boyfriends) based on what the benefits are to them. If you meet a Chinese girl on the internet, chances are (I know, there are exceptions, don't get mad girls) that she's looking for a chance to practice English, an American passport, and a high-income hubby. Your American income even at minimum wage is probably at least $1500 per month, which is three times the income from anyone in the girls village. Also, the local guys who have incomes of that level are mostly complete a-holes, because they have a lot of choices based on their income levels. All this makes you a logical choice for a husband, but it doesn't mean the girls "like" you.
    There are not too many girls from the big cities, who went to good schools and can pull a $1500 income, that will bother searching you out online. If you find one who does, chances are she really likes you, because you don't offer her the same economic benefit as you do to the poor countryside girls who are desperate to get the hell out of here. Good luck!
  • Thomas Fjeldstad
    that makes more sense
  • Miriam Pedersen
    So the buttom line is:

IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY!

• Thomas Fjeldstad
    ^ since the beginning of time
  • Albulena Imeri
    The passport-chasing/gold-digging stereotype is pretty strong towards some Chinese girls here from some dudes.

Any interest in a field day?
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    polar bears doesnt get famous and popular in arctic but in africa!scarce means precious,thats just simple.

and @莫明 have to say there r some girls do things like that,but loseres can be from everywhere( not only China,not only countryside),those whom poor doesn't mean they r cheap.I do not agree with ur definition of the good girls and bad ones.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I'm with Jojo on this. I don't waste my time on girls who're chasing money and marriage. Or rather they don't waste their time on me. I bring NOTHING to the table.

There are plenty of successful and independent Chinese women who date laowai either because of aesthetic preferences or bad experiences with Chinese guys.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Back on topic.

In China, white dudes have the advantage of being exotic. And that attracts Chinese girls who don't fit in well with conventional Chinese society. This could include your stereotypical farm girl looking for a way out. But it also includes ethnic minorities and career-oriented women who aren't interested in getting married and starting a family.

In America, white dudes are ubiquitous. And a guy who intentionally seeks out Asian women gets nailed with the yellow fever label, perhaps deservingly.

The only reason I would condemn the latter and not the former is because I suspect that yellow fever is at least partly motivated by the (dreadfully mistaken) belief that Asian women are more submissive than Western women, who are "tainted" by feminism and the women's lib movement.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Jojo, I said nothing about good girls or bad girls.There is nothing "bad" about the poor Chinese girls who go after foreign guys because they want money and passports and better houses that they can then bring their parents to live in with them. They are doing exactly what would be expected of them given their position in society.
    Nor did I say that all the girls from the countryside will do this, obviously there are a large number who will marry a guy they're physically attracted to, or the first boyfriend who got them pregnant, or a rich Chinese guy from one of the cities who they have a closer cultural connection with. Some of them will even find foreigners who they have a genuine connection with, rather than because of money.
    But damn straight, the girls of a low social status in China who are actively seeking out foreign guys like Josh on the internet, they're not doing it because they think he's oh so funny and cute.
    And if any foreign guys are sought out by Chinese girls that have a higher income and earning potential than the foreign guys, I would say it's a safe bet that the girls are not looking for money, and don't really fit into traditional feudalistic Chinese culture.

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    haha good topic I have 2 questions:
    the first one is Why do Chinese girls prefer white guys so much?
    My western friends and coworkers are mobbed like rock stars by Chinese girls sometimes i really met like this situation. EEEEEEr...smilence.....;)
    They want to date or marry to white guys ....are you okay our brethren...
    yes i admit sounds normally in US.but here is China right ?
    okay well question two: Do Chinese girls think white guys have more money. social status. or have better sex than Chinese guys?
    Btw no offense to Chinese guys!
    but through my female friends I know so many Chinese girls from P.R.China (I mean not ABC only born Chinese) who explicitly say they prefer white guys over Chinese guys.
    To Chinese men: does that piss you off when you see Chinese girls throw themselves at white guys? i guess yes! hahaha...and what will happen when China's gender imbalance cause millions of Chinese men to never be able to find wives. and so... oh ....booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(btw so am I the same situation ~~ i am chinese but relationship with foreigners
    including my ex and ex exexxxx .......damn)
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Blair, I think I answered your question of "why" above. I would love to hear your reason though. By the way, are your friends who are throwing themselves at white guys Beijingers, or from 郊区?
    As to the question of whether Chinese guys hate it or not, it seems some of the ones who can't get girlfriends get really pissed off. The ones who aren't losers don't give a damn.
    Seriously, what effing losers those guys are... have you ever seen guys overseas complaining that girls in their country date foreign men? Such guys would be ostracized as retarded.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    莫名:你是个white guy所以从你的话里面可以看得出来你有在袒护自己人!我说的没错吧??哈哈
    对于你说你已经做出回答,我还是觉得不是很明确。或许我要更多人给出一些答案!当然,每个人的情况不相同所以给出的答案也肯定不一样! 我期待不同的答案来自不同人人群。。。
    当然中国的好男人一定比外国多,这个我知道!因为他们想要的是一个稳定的家庭。他可以为他的妻子付出很多,但是外国人行么?
    当然,不足为奇,外国人可以让你学的更加独立,这可能是于国家的文化不同而造成的原因!
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    http://www.bravenewtraveler.com/2009/07/02/white-man-asian-girl-who-decides-the-nature-of-love/
    check it out
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Blair, 那么,意思是不是你喜欢白种人因为他们让你更加独立吗?你也喜欢别的人种的外国人,像ABC吗?
    我女朋友也是中国人,她原来喜欢我因为我有很长的睫毛~哈哈哈。当她发现白种人都有长睫毛以后,她对我好失望。:-p
    人被不同的人种吸引是太正常的事,我觉得应该是本能,为了增加遗传变异。但是我还是觉得中国郊区的女孩喜欢外国人多是因为钱,而不是因为本能。反正,除非农村的女孩长得非常漂亮,有钱的中国人多是只会把她们当玩具。
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Thanks for sharing Blair, that's a pretty well written viewpoint you linked.
    I don't really think there's really anything wrong with that relationship, it's what you'd expect in poor parts of China. It's not as if Chinese guys don't "take in" those poor girls too, except that the rich Chinese guys understand those girls status in society, so they don't treat them nearly as well as the foreign guys who don't know about "status".

Although I think more of those old foreign guys are effing trolls, with families in their home countries, and hookers everywhere they go. At least, the ones I know are :(

I feel very bad for the girls in those situations.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Moming : If i choice a husband I will prefer chinese guys, neither ABC nor laowai actually . haha becoz i could be comfortable take a break in case i am tired ,just evil mind: maybe oneday if im lazy ... hha you know what i mean right ?? haha
    Of curse absolutlly joking .... that is impossibility... hawhaw !
    take it easy and enjoy life......
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Blair, i think you are Ayka. I see that same naughty look in you!
  • Wang Ge 王戈
    the white guy/chinese woman discussion never gets old...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.