Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Blocking Background Noise

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:
    We all know that one of those most annoying thing's is visiting a web page (specifically, someone's profile here) and all of a sudden there is music playing and it conflicts with whatever else you were doing.

So... I'm sure there's plenty of other methods, but this is what I usually do to block the annoying music from playing! A complete step by step tutorial with accompanying screen shots.

1. Use Firefox as your browser

2. Download and install Adblock Plus (added benefit of blocking other crappy flash advertisments and stuff) from http://adblockplus.org/en/installation

3. When you visit someone's profile now, scroll down to the bottom where you see the music applet. When you move your mouse over it, a tab that says "Block" will appear as below, click on this.

4. Select the 1st option (the one that ends with .mp3) to block that some from ever playing again.

5. Done!

Now when you visit that persons profile, you won't have to hear his/her music anymore.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... sorry Jon ...
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    what the hell jon ..u citing my profile !!! damn......... u thought my music suck ??
    so go and fuck the besom this Tomb-sweeping Day!!!!!
    Go get fucked ...cuz u mean !!!!!

*gnash* & "supercilious looking you *

• Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    oh (btw sry i didn;t join ur invited at sat..becoz i was taken ill last weekend..)
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Awwww hope you are OK, we love u and missed you! hahaha
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    ok good8 jon see ya in augest !

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.