Discussion » Music » What Are You Listening to Now?

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I always enjoy learning about peoples' musical tastes. The last thread on this topic was huge, so here's the new one:

What's on your playlist?

This past week: Local bands Silent G, the Flyx and Mechanical Bunny via douban.com, as well as the new Gorillaz record "Plastic People."

These past few hours: Hole, Anthrax and lots of Sonic Youth.

Your turn!
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    slayer-south of heaven; anthrax and sod (billy milano is an asshole but rocks), even some queens of the stone age the last few days
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    was in an electro mood today: justice, dj solovey, and deadmau 5
  • AL DI
    AL DI wrote:
    The Secret machines - Like I can !
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl: How's the new Yeasayer? Thanks for recommending the new "These New Puritans" record: definitely unexpected.

Madison: Haven't heard of DJ Solovey and Deadmau 5. Any good?

哥们: Whoa. Coincidence. Listening to "Sound of White Noise," the only release with former Armored Saint vocalist John Bush. I love it.
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    wow Pete, I'm into 'Among the living' these days. Always liked the mosh parts (what a harmony of music), but didn't like the vocalist in 1987. Now with one ear left for hearing only it suits me.
    also back into megadeth-symphony of destruction (although dave mustaine is a better guitar player than singer, see Metallica kill'em all), sacred reich (surf nicaragua) and mdc
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer, Metallica: The Big Four of Thrash. And "Countdown to Extinction" was the first actual CD I ever owned. "Rust in Peace" is a good one, too, and original guitarist Dave Ellefson recently returned to the fold for the 20th Anniversary Tour in which they're performing the entire record from start to finish.

Better wear plugs at the extreme metal gig this Friday. It'd suck if you had to tell your grandkids, "I was managing quite nicely until this band called Blood Fluke rendered me completely deaf. Damn them!"
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    dj slovovey is what you would hear at a usual electronic festival..mix up of different things/styles
    deadmau is more like base beat and adds on top of it.

oh almost forgot...reconnected with blind pilot this past week :)
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    blind pilot is a cool name
    btw Pete: I would call Anthrax Mosh. my big four is Destruction, Sodom, Assassin, Holy Moses, Exodus, Kreator, Slayer of course, and Tankard (oh, that's 8)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Ah, cool. I'll have to check 'em out.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    01 Tinie Tempah - Pass Out
    02 Rihanna - Rude Boy
    03 Jason Derulo - In My Head
    04 Ellie Goulding - Starry Eyed
    05 Florence & The Machine Vs Dizzee Rascal - You've Got The Dirtee Love (Live At The Brit Awards 2010)
    06 Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind (Part II)
    07 Timbaland Feat Katy Perry - If We Ever Meet Again
    08 Wiley Featt Emeli Sande - Never Be Your Woman
    09 Boyzone - Gave It All Away
    10 Cheryl Cole - Parachute
    11 Owl City - Fireflies
    12 Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You (Original Mix)
    13 Daisy Dares You Feat Chipmunk - Number One Enemy
    14 Sugababes - Wear My Kiss
    15 JLS - One Shot
    16 Chiddy Bang - The Opposite Of Adults
    17 Ke$ha Feat 3OH3 - Blah Blah Blah
    18 Young Money Feat Lloyd - Bedrock
    19 Leona Lewis - I Got You
    20 Glee Cast - Don't Stop Believin'
    21 Marina And The Diamonds - Hollywood
    22 Jay Sean Feat Sean Paul & Lil Jon - Do You Remember
    23 Black Eyes Peas - Rock That Body
    24 Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
    25 3Oh3 Feat Katy Perry - Starstrukk
    26 R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts (Charity Replacement)
    27 Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
    28 Jay-Z Feat Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind
    29 Iyaz - Replay
    30 Florence And The Machine - You've Got The Love
    31 Lady Gaga Feat Beyonce - Telephone
    32 Lemar - The Way Love Goes
    33 Pixie Lott - Gravity
    34 Mary J Blige - I Am
    35 Glee Cast - Halo-Walking On Sunshine
    36 Ke$ha - Tik Tok
    37 Mumford & Sons - The Cave
    38 Glee Cast - Defying Gravity
    39 Alphabeat - Hole In My Heart
    40 Sidney Samson Feat Wizard Sleeve - Riverside Lets Go (Kurd Maverick Mix)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    The Big Four is often thrown around as a collective name in the industry for those four bands. Go figure.

Is Assassin popular within the worldwide metal scene, or just in Germany?
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    wow~whats thoes abisai???
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Song Ciara...Those are the ones that i am listening to recently..I dont change the playlist
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    31 Lady Gaga Feat Beyonce - Telephone

Seen the video yet? It's like the best thing I've ever seen: lesbian prisoners, car chases with the Pussy Wagon from "Kill Bill," product placements for Miracle Whip and a mass murder with Beyonce at a fast food restaurant.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Have the new Knife record but haven't braced myself for a listen yet. And I heard the new Liars was brilliant, but nothing of Colouring of Pigeons.

*opens Vuze*
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    i have the video....the begning reminds me of Prison Break...MTV Apparently rejected the video to be viewed on tv...but its also the best video ive seen...seems to me those 2 girls are becoming the Ish in the Media now
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yeah, MTV's rejection of the video just confirms how irrelevant they've become.

Do they even play videos any more? Didn't think so.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    ChannelO Plays it....i am not sure if u know what is channel o u can check www.channelo.co.za
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Mhh Sheryl Zhong Etseeeee!!!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Lady Gaga is brilliant: she knows exactly how to play the media and has everyone eating directly out of her hands: Warhol and Rainer Maria Rilke homages for the intelligentsia and slick pop for the masses -- with enough Freddie Mercury and Bowie to cock discerning ears.

And it's all wrapped with healthy doses of sexuality and coy rumors to keep everyone's interest piqued.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Peaches will play here in Beijing next month. Looking forward to that.
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    triphop tonight-

blue foundation
    death in vegas
    kid loco
    lamb
    mono
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I'll interview Peaches soon and will ask her about what she's got planned for the Beijing show.

Taylor Swift... ugh. But you'd be surprised at some of the envelope pushing by Chinese bands lately, primarily Beijing's Pet Conspiracy and Shanghai's Torturing Nurse, to name a few.

NSFW
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Lots of Metallica... I stopped paying attention to them after Saint Anger, but just listened to the new Death Magnetic album a few weeks ago and am totally hooked. I love the "Suicide & Redemption" instrumental, actually I love all Metallica instrumentals. They are always like 10 minutes long and I can listen to them on repeat for 2 or 3 hours at a time just focusing on the music.

It makes me cry on the inside when people hear me playing stuff like that and they call it "noise." I tend to listen to metal, especially instrumental metal, the same way I listen to classic music like Mozart or whatnot... but maybe I'm a hypocrite too since I hate pop music with a passion because I find it too catchy, too simple, too easy to learn and sing, too mainstream, etc.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I was absolutely blown away while listening to "Death Magnetic" for the first time. Not following the fawning press coverage, I assumed it was a steaming turd like its predecessor, which I didn't even bother listening to until five years after its release.

I suppose I haven't felt that galvanized by a new Metallica record since I was a kid and bought the cassette of "...And Justice for All" with my lawnmowing money.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Not sure how the Peaches interview will work. But I am definitely going to that show.

Glad you enjoyed the photos. I think I've told you this before, but keep your eyes out for Pet Conspiracy. I think a European tour sometime this year isn't unfathomable considering their recent activities, rapid ascension and prior European antics, so you may be in luck.

You're right: a band in China probably couldn't get away with S&M-themed performances in a packed house. But I assume that if they were popular enough to warrant huge crowds for said performances, the media would report on it, leading The Man to sniff around and probably spoil things for anyone.
  • Saint - Spartacus
    WHY?
    arto lindsay
    the moffatts
    board of canada
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    @ Pete: Assassin is somewhat known in Europe (if the old-school fans like me are still alive).
    @ Jon: well, I assume 99% of the people listening to radio cannot distinguish between guitar and bass. That's why it is so easy making radio music. Let them hear it.
    @ sHERYL:
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    WANNA KNOW MORE ABOUT pEACHES. wHAT IS IT ABOUT?
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    btw. the Captain Future soundtrack is also good
  • Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    Flume - Bon Iver
    Mr Big - Green Tinted Sixties mind
    Skinny love - Bon Iver
    dead seeds - lamb of god
    omerta - lamb of god
    Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
    HATE U - Mariah Carey (Electro remix)
    Act like you know - Nero
    longest road - Morgan page/Deadmau5
    Fight for you - morgan page
    Menace - Chase & status
    26 basslines - benga
    Nervous in the light of dawn - Leigh Nash
    Call my name - Morgan page/ Tyler James
    Fuck was I - Morgan page
    Memories - Kid Cudi/Guetta
    Tonight - Jay Sean (Electro Remix)
    Stay - Jay Sean
  • Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    Hmm not sure why I wrote it in that order but the song is Green Tinted Sixties Mind by Mr. Big.
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    《贝影》the view of David Beckham's back
  • Mya In
    Mya In wrote:
    lady gaga - bad romance, for now
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    @Sheryl isn't it?'formica blues' - their best and only album,the british band Mono.

flashing-back today,lots of sex pistol
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    New CDS from AV Okubo and S.A.W.....amazing. Also, the first CDS of The Guess Who and Motorhead. The Guess Who's Shakin' All Over is a nice mix of rockabilly and 60's garage rock.
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    @peter, motorhead-overkill, that's a good piece their second album as far as I remember). and lemmy was still beautiful that time ;-)
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Bob Dylan - The times they are a changing
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    And now "bootstock" a compilation of bootlegs made mainly from songs that were played at woodstock, check it out it's great!
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    I wanted u,recently the song let me feel peaceful
  • Runar Korneliussen
    pass out- tinie tempah
    tik tok parody- the midnight beast
    handguns- alex gopher
    hey you- pony pony run run
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Steed Lord - Royal Ruffian (LAZRtag remix)
    Nero - Night Thunder
    Project Bassline - Drop The Pressure (Jack Beats 'Rinsed Out Rave' Remix)
  • Gunhild Stamnæs
    Joanna Newsom, Midlake, Deerhunter and Karen O & The Kids.
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    @ Sheryl: thanks, I'll try to hold her ;-)
    Pete, where are u, you started that. wanna hear your view
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I saw Peaches with Bauhaus and Nine Inch Nails a while back. I think she was probably the most interesting act.

TWO GUYS FOR EVERY GIRL.

Yeah. I'd take it up the pooper for Peaches. But who am I kidding? I'll take it up the pooper for a properly prepared American breakfast.

Now listening to: Justice (Cross), Clutch (Slow Hole to China), Peeping Tom (self-titled).

I need some new shit. I've been too lazy about queuing up torrents.
  • Gunhild Stamnæs
    Sheryl: Yeah, the new album is really sad! So far, don't think I like it as much as Van Occupanther. No Roscoe's on this one... Still good though.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    哥们
    Sheryl is the authority on Peaches. I'm not too familiar with her aside from her music, which is electroclash -- say, a combo of electro and punk -- paired with raunchy lyrics.

Dando Z
    Clutch rocks. Straight-up lumberjack rock.

Mikael: Would that be the "Where the Wild Things Are" soundtrack? I tried to get into that, but it's a bit too twee for me.

Just got back from a MTV shoot with performances by pop dude 彭坦 and 老狼, who is apparently a very beloved singer-songwriter in this country.

High energy from both and not a bad show at all.

Today's playlist: Sonic Youth's "Bad Moon Rising" and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Machine" EP and the MGMT record.
  • Gunhild Stamnæs
    Sheryl: I like Beach House to, but I think they and Midlake share one 缺点, which is that alot of their songs tend to be in the same mood and tempo, and of the same instrumentation and production. Haven't given the latest Beach House album that much time yet though. Maybe those things will matter less when I'm more familiar with the songs.

Pete: Don't know if I'd call it twee, but it sure is cutesy! And that is exactly what I need when I'm on my way to class in morning, and it's been snowing again in Beijing even though it's supposed to be spring...
  • Gunhild Stamnæs
    Haven't seen the movie! A friend said she loved the trailer but got bored 20 minutes into the actual movie and didn't watch the rest of it....
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I didn't know how popular 老狼 was until today.

This event was similar to "Total Request Live" in the sense that busloads of squealing kids were pumped in, where they sung along to every word and melted into fawning pools of admiration.

Old school, but I dug it. His guitarist Long Long shredded, too.

I didn't like "Where the Wild Things Are." Not much of a storyline and I couldn't stop asking myself "How do they procreate? Why is there only one full-grown woman? What do they do all day?"
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    The old musics but not yet too much old,from Beyonce,That's why you are beautiful
  • Claudia Ming
    Claudia Ming wrote:
    Miss independent-Ne-Yo
    Back to Black-Amy winehouse
    You know I’m no good-Amy winehouse
    Rehab-Amy winehouse
    Love like this-Natasha Bedingfield
    Pocketful of sunshine- Natasha Bedingfield
    Sexy can I-Ray J
    If I were a boy-Beyonce
    No one-Alicia Keys
    With love-Hilary Duff
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Hed pe - Bartender
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    "Fantastic Mr. Fox" is brilliant. Wes Anderson interpreting Roald Dahl in stop-motion? It couldn't be any other way.
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    fallin by Alicia Keys is like one of my fav Claudia.
    Chicane tonight.
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    might get some hate, but i am a southern girl, and its a must to listen to country.

jason aldean
    dierks bentley
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Dahmer:

Hell yeah. Been listening them recently too, primarily "The Bleeding" and "Eaten Back to Life."
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    This is a discussion thread about music, not a "post your favorite lyrics thread." If you'd like to share your favorite lyrics, please post them in the "Favorite Lyrics" thread.

Thanks!
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    Eletro/Indie:
    http://www.douban.com/artist/hard_queen/

Ambient:
    http://www.douban.com/artist/dingke/

Jazz:
    http://www.douban.com/artist/jasminechen/

Blues:
    http://www.douban.com/artist/redbra/

Electronica:
    http://www.douban.com/artist/acidlive/

Rockabilly:
    http://www.douban.com/artist/dh/

Metal _\m/
    http://www.myspace.com/vancanto
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    @Pete, we anyway don't understand the lyrics of our favorite music (unless we buy the CD and open the booklet for reading). remember that my father-in-law attended the Raging Mob concert last autumn? he asked why they have lyrics if nobody understands them. I said what else should the singer do than singing?!?
    @webslave: what about the new Assassin demo. that one is really good. more thrashy than 'the club'.

current playlist hero: paul king-love and pride
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    @ Bros:
    still Paul King'ing?

Hardly got a change of the final mix of Assassin's strike, but i know it sure fits more to my taste. Not a big fan of 'the club' neither, what they did to "Jin tian sheng huo" was near to a crime.

Quote: "哥们儿没有关系,哥们儿你是我朋友!"
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    哥们
    I was referring to a very long -- and now deleted -- post of lyrics that clogged up the thread.

Webslave
    DH & the Chinese Hellcats are decent... so is Hard Queen, who played a gig here last May in support of their new record.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    @Pete
    damn, i missed them! would love to see them live and get a CD. Hope they will stay alive long enough and improve in what they do so nicely already.

As for Hellcats, they could improve the singing part or do some Chinese lyrics more. BTW, Angry Jerks are getting more interesting too.
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    yang, I like the club, fits into that time of the band, but the new one fits my time better!

Paul King' s love and pride is a phenomenon, like Duran Duran's a view to a kill, or Beasty Boy's sabotage, or Quiet Riot come on feel the noise. One band, one song only I like. oh, nearly forgot Billy Idol's rebel yell or Jenie's got a gun of Aerosmith or McLusky's to hell with good intention. Can't hear their rest, but these ones go deep.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Webslave
    It was a great show.

Agree with you on the Hellcats. And I haven't seen Angry Jerks since October. Have they played here in Beijing since then?
  • Roki
    Roki wrote:
    Rihanna - Rude Boy
  • Sara Elise Fladmark Seland
    Philip Glass - Mad Rush
  • Marlene Sannes
    is listening YES SIR. Song
  • 由克张
    由克张 wrote:
    Oasis, the hits.
    Great band.
  • Hans Petter Bjørgen Hansen
    my computer fan.... I love music but silence is nice sometimes
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    It's Friday night, Sheryl. We're all drunk and such.

Just got back from attending a showcase of Tianjin death and grindcore bands. They were more interested in asking the foreigner asinine questions like "Do you like Chinese food?" and "Which country do you come from?" than publicizing their bands.

Really funny in some regards, frustrating in others.
  • Ulrike Standau
    Eisblume "Unter dem Eis"
  • WENwen
    WENwen wrote:
    Classical guitar: Romance d'amour. Singer: Cecaria.
  • Gunhild Stamnæs
    Grindcore! Awsome!
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Ahmm..this week.

Matmos the whole A Chance to Cut is A Chance to Cure album.

others come from Iggy Pop,Portishead,Susheela Raman,Lali Puna,The Books,Tenjo Sajiki,Tarnation, And lately also pay close attention to Skweee, a funky grotesque stile of music from north europe.

Saturday night a small get together in my house, I was playing Gorillaz and Etienne de Crécy all the time. Now listening to the songs from the musical A night in the Old Marketplace(frank london) on Myspace....and In the player there are Korn, Helloween, Cure...(Nostalgia attack..- - ).
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Lets

Iggy Pop is amazing... one of my favorite artists of all time. He was finally inducted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last week, by the way. It's about damn time.

Haven't even thought about Korn for about ten years. They're so... mallcore: the quintessential "I'm-a-miserable-teenager-and-no-one-understands-me" band.

I saw them back in '99-or-so and half of the audience -- fat kids with makeup and dreadlocks -- alternated between sobbing and moshing during their set, making for an interesting experience, to say the least.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    He is well deserved then hehe.For me something raw about him is so intriguing. not only his voice though. As for Korn It has been a very personal experience for me. hight school I got my first framed poster from one guy, then i started to listen to rock, It's the cover of their album Issues. Tend to go into trance in that music back to those good times I guess. But I love them no matter what so jealous of you going to their live...!
    And I forgot to mention smashing pumpkins.last but not the least.
  • Z
    Z wrote:
    For all of you with good taste for music (actually it works for those with bad taste too, unfortunately, hehe), please note this website:

http://listen.grooveshark.com/

Now say thank you and enjoy!

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Lets
    Korn's "Issues" is a great album, the last record of theirs that I really got into before they started churning out crappy radio-friendly nu metal. But I'm sure that if I resurrected it, it'd bring back a flood of good memories, too.

And Smashing Pumpkins was the soundtrack to my youth, with "Siamese Dream" being a near-perfect record. Billy Corgan needs to shut the fuck up, stop acting like a primadonna attention whore and start making good music again.
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Korn self-titled,Follow the Leader and issues were great albums.

I love songs like Blind, Children of The Korn, Somebody Someone list goes on.

Listening to Slightly Stoopid, great band similiar vibe to Sublime
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    http://listen.grooveshark.com/
    it doesn't work...It redirected to some site saying Apache Tomcat (wat the hell is that..- -)......

I'm listening songs from www.deezer.com all the time...But always down for cool online streaming sites.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Speaking of which, I caught smashing pumpkin live in bologna February,2008, GEEE, I shouldn't have weared new boots, been trashed much. But still, lots fun to watch how all those Italian guys pogo,(pogo is universally the same,as far as i see them in China, France and Italy), and they scream like the cows under butcher's knife, for a while I can't hear a damn thing! I was pushed in the middle of crowds several times then just couldn't handle all those hands below my waist...- - good gig though.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    They block IP from here maybe?
    Gig was good I mean they really were great on stage, got the crowd going and I should have enjoyed that if I got a better spot ... I mean more front not too pushy in the middle....anyways...seen Jimmy in person made all worth it.
    And Sheryl....that was awful.. ! You should kick his ass,literally!
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    maroon/paramore/ashlee simpson/boys like girls/negative/demi lovato etc...love band

give me more good bands~~i love the teenager band' voice who is under 20..attrctive !!!!
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Cypress Hill's new song
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Cypress Hill - It Aint Nothin
  • John
    John wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cm7R82Q_k
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    *takes deep breath*

Lots of Big Star this week (for obvious reasons) as well as healthy doses of the Misfits, Stiff Little Fingers, Modest Mouse, Ólafur Arnalds (to get in the mood for his Beijing show next week), Peaches (interview prep), Spoon, the new Knife record (the first and probably last time I'll ever spin that one) and the first three Wire records.

*exhales*

Lets
    What was the setlist like for the Smashing Pumpkins gig? I heard that he really disappointed fans on that tour, drifting off into masturbatory, experimental wankfests instead of busting out the tried-and-true crowd favorites of yesteryear.
  • Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    eagles, linken park, red hot chili pappers, cuijian(chinese rock's No 1),zhengjun(chinese), that's it.
  • Wang Ge 王戈
    right now: Exile Parade - Fire Walk With Me

the clash - sandinista! (whole album) ...watched jim jarmusch's Mystery Train last Sunday, have been felt like listening to them since, believe me or not, i prefer this one to all other clash albums, it's underrated!

Wilco ft. Feist - You and Me...god i just love it when Feist joins in for chorus...

Lonely China Day - One: dig the drum

月亮之上, just heard it from a barber shop, so haapy haha

Gorillaz - tomorrow comes today....just heard it since it's my ringtone..

i havn't got an ipod, don't want to...and i don't listen to music while walking anymore, you hit by cars for doing that...
  • Anna Rudashko
    Anna Rudashko wrote:
    Two Doors Cinema Club - What I Know

very good for going to work early in morning;)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Deftones are one of my favorite bands. I'm interested to see the change in dynamics with the loss of bassist Chi Cheng, who has been in a coma since late-2008 as a result of a horrific car accident.

SXSW coverage just turned me on to these "new" bands: Fang Island and Neon Indian. Good stuff.
  • 哥们
    哥们 wrote:
    Assassin of course. If you wanna catch-up quickly fly to Japan. Osaka metal festival this weekend after a gorgeous show at Mao Livehouse this Wednesday.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl

Happy to hear that Cheng contributed to the new record. Can't wait!

Yeah, I'm a bit behind the times when it comes to new music outside of China.

Beijing's Maybe Mars record label sent a contingent of six bands to SXSW last week and are currently following it up with another regional tour.

While Pitchfork and NYT didn't single any bands from the "Chinese Invasion" showcase out for any praise, Washington Post correspondent David Malitz labeled Carsick Cars as "the best band in Austin," proclaiming their trademark song "Zhongnanhai" as "this Chinese generation's version of 'Teenage Riot.' EXCEPT BETTER."

Pretty cool. Here's the article if you're interested.
  • Roki
    Roki wrote:
    Sean Paul _ hold my Hand !!
  • Hanyang
    Hanyang wrote:
    Hit FM 887
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    陳奕迅 新歌 一絲不掛
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    B.O.B. Nothin' on you
  • Albulena Imeri
    er'renzhuan. That's my life insiration.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    This week...
    Currently playing,Casiotone for the Painfully Alone-Old Panda Days. Loving it... in general becoming fan of everything coming out of TOMLAB.
    Holy Fuck...sometimes you absolutely despise them while other times you just wanna push them against the wall.....................
    Dirt Beneath the Daydream....this made my day...
    http://www.audiofoundation.org.nz/tags/audio/audio-genres/dirt-beneath-daydream

Zomby.....Black Dice... .... Pocahaunted...psychedelic lolis......Mew...ye me, pick up old favourite's latest album No More Stories...errr...no comment...after all ppl say don't look back for a reason.

And then Pearl Jam,Mazzy star,P.J.Harvey,old pals. ... say all those "happening" sound train ppl into sharp animals..then old stuff makes me human time and time again.. lol...can't live without them.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    PETE,
    Almost two years ago....can remember few...I'll try though..
    Errr, they started with Porcelina of the Vast Oceans , and then there went Bring The Light...Try Try Try...Mayonaise...Perfect...and 1979 which ended up as a collective KARAOK...he did a little acoustic solo in the last part of the song though., then Wound,United States,Tarantula,That's the Way,Drown,Last song was Cherub Rock...That's all I can recall now. Billy was wearing a full-length armor-like skirt...I wouldn't say that I was disappointed, but he did seem tired just I assumed that this kind of decadence vibe was his thing of recent years...-o-.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Lets
    Decent setlist for that gig. I'm jealous!

Sheryl
    Not too familiar with electro hop, but Junior Boys may make a good addition to drop the mood down a few notches... and Neon Indian to bring it back up.

As an aside, have you heard the new Hot Chip record yet? I'm downloading it now alongside the new Liars record. And I can't wait for the new Royksopp, "Senior," slated for release next month.

Yes Sir
    May I suggest including the name of the artist and/or song alongside your link?
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    soundtrack-hairspray
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Haha. We'll see. It'll probably be done over the phone, so my dashing good looks won't be able to save me. And that party sounds cool...

The new Royksopp record is apparently intended to compliment last year's "Junior" in the sense that it's more withdrawn, introspective and autumnal while its predecessor emitted an upbeat and bouncy springtime vibe, which sounds fantastic, considering the more downbeat tracks on "Melody A.M." showcase the duo in top form.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I've got all of Gil Scott-Heron's old stuff -- and have heard amazing things about this comeback record -- but haven't had the initiative to give it a listen.

Currently digging this cool Swedish pop band jj. Check 'em out if you're into a languid blend of indie pop, ambient-house and reggae.
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    The Presets - Kicking and Screaming (Pance Party Remix)
    Fukkk Offf - Love My Shake (LaClopeAuBec Remix)
  • / / / \ \ \
    / / / \ \ \ wrote:
    DEAD LUKE
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Not quite my usual but Radiohead, the OK Computer album
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    listened to The XX , Intro for days...

And Jon, your taste improving...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Kid Rock - American Badass
  • IPaws Official
    Prodigy now. :D
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Ah, Foals and Caribou... I completely forgot that they existed. That's what happens when your hard drive crashes and you lose most of your music.

Beijing thrash gods 窒息 just dropped a new one and it hasn't left my playlist since I picked it up over the weekend.

Absolutely brutal.

And I finally caved to the hype and checked out current indie flavors of the month Cymbals Eat Guitars, Delorean, Beach House, Real Estate and The Mountain Goats.

Meh. Five mehs. I think I've reached my saturation point with American and European indie rock and it's countless permutations of slightly-different genres, all of which are breathlessly parroted as "the next big thing" by the peanut gallery.

Out of all of the new bands that have received repeated critical acclaim over the past year-or-so, the only one that I've found refreshing and stimulating is Sunn O))), an experimental act whose dark, droning ambient soundscapes are pretty damn cool.

And Slash's new solo record is a welcome change: a delightfully-unpretentious, fist-pumping listen.

But overall, I'll stick with what's going down here in the Middle Kingdom.
  • kö
    wrote:
    If I Let You Go ------Westlife
  • AL DI
    AL DI wrote:
    AIRIEL - RED FRIENDS
  • Gunhild Stamnæs
    Yeah! The shape of punk to come is one of the best albums ever. Made every sweet swedish popgirl tune in to hardcore in the late 90s. This video also made my straight best friend start having gay dreams of the lead singer:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/AVNi8PC7wL4/
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Refused is great. The frontman's younger brother plays in a band here in Beijing:

Fanzui Xiangfa

DIY hardcore punk -- lightning-quick, loud and empowering -- the way it was meant to be.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I just learned that Peter Steele, frontman for goth metal icons Type O Negative, died on Apr 14 of heart failure at the age of 48.

Damn.

While not everyone's cup of tea, the band were icons in the rock and roll community for their unique brand of romantic goth metal, dirge anthems and their trademark brand of black humor applied liberally throughout both their lyrics, live shows and iconic artwork.

Highly influential, highly talented and highly imitated without success, you can listen to some of their songs here.

What a devastating year so far in the music industry:

Jay Reatard, Malcolm McLaren, Mark Linkous (Sparklehorse), Alex Chilton (Big Star), Tom "T-Bone" Wolk (Hall & Oates), Micky Jones (Man), Teddy Pendergrass, Gregory Slay (Remy Zero), hip hop producer Nujabes, Doug Fieger (he of "My Sharona" fame), rockabilly pioneer Dale Hawkins and Vic Chestnutt.

All dead, all huge pioneers in their respective fields and most taken before their time.

RIP dudes.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    The old bloke you're thinking of is probably Malcolm McLaren. You know, Sex Pistols & New York Dolls manager, Situationalist artist, boutique owner, early hip hop adapter and all-around gadfly?

Type O Negative is one of my favorite bands.

And while the autopsy results are still forthcoming, whenever someone dies who has a history of drug and alcohol abuse, I feel like screaming "You fucking selfish asshole!"

So many great artists have left us far too soon, leaving us bereft of their genius due to that shit.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    McLaren was peerless in the sense of being almost universally reviled by everyone with whom he came into contact.

I personally dislike him because he ran the New York Dolls into the ground with a series of stupid publicity stunts.

And yeah, we'll soon be seeing lots of coverage of our favorite celebrities... in the obituary section.

Farewell to youth, right?
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    That's what genius do.They decided to disappear at a freaking windy night in a freaking ridiculous way. And then we are left weeping all alone every time when the freaking wind blows.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yeah, for sure, Letsmojito.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    ................................................................................................you are tough cookie,sheryl.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    ..BTW ..I've been cut off from the Chinese rock scenario for long enough time...aaahh but those names are being mentioned above still bumps my heart.

pete..youth such a sentimental word...funny I couldn't think of an appropiate phrase now since all the nice ones are being exhausted. so just a quote...youth is ever youthful,only age that grows old. say ciao to youth...nanah..nowhere near that yet.-o-
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Wake up in Besame Mucho for over a week...and till afternoon it continues...downstairs the one-trick pony saxphnist is really getting on my nerves.

What's new...right, I picked up my myspace account... found really interesting artists..john zorn for one... . plus summer is coming, at least one thing to expect in this bloody tourist city...gigs...crappy bands and real good ones. can't wait.
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    I like that HEALTH track.

John Dahlback - Bingo
  • Marte Joahansen
    Evanescensce- My immortal
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yeah, Guru died today and so did Devon Clifford, the drummer for the dance-y You Say Party! We Say Die!

They came round to China back in 2008. Good stuff.

Here in Beijing, MAO Live House shut its doors on Friday, ostensibly due to "fire violations."

Enough already for the black cloud hanging over rock and roll. Go after Justin Bieber and the like, oh foul cloud!
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    myself... since 3 days, work on composition for 'Space Monkeys'... electro stuff.
  • R-R
    R-R wrote:
    The Glasvegas
    The strokes
    The yeah yeah yeahs
    Oasis
    Raiohead
    The kills
    Peter Doherty
    Arctic Monkey
    Muse
    Engima
    All kinds of Yoga music
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    越來越不懂 蔡健雅
  • Saint - Spartacus
    RADIO RADIO aporee
  • Hans-arne Sundal aasebø
    @ Yes Sir. I am Ready !!!
    AKON - Her Shoes
    Done !!!

KERI HILSON - I LIKE
    SEAN KINGSTON FT. JUSTIN BIEBER - EENIE MEENIE
  • Marlene Sannes
    t-pain - kiss her
    he loves , so why he do not want to kiss ??
  • kö
    wrote:
    Love Game------lady gaga
  • Malen Lønnebakken
    Blue October - say it
    Babyshambles - delivery
    Madonna ft Akon - Celebration
    Akon - Sunny Day
  • Sumian
    Sumian wrote:
    2PM-Dont stop Cant stop
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    SORRY SEEMS TO BE THE HARDEST WORD
  • Gabo
    Gabo wrote:
    I don't know which group is singing this,it is callad "it could be wrong'
  • kö
    wrote:
    Just Dance····lady gaga
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I've been giving the new Crystal Castles record plenty of play alongside the new project from local folk artist Song Yuzhe, Suffocated's new record "World of Confusion" and last year's Megadeth record, Endgame.

• Joakim Berg Solum
    Requiem in D Minor - Mozart

No love for classical music, anyone?
    Akon - New jams
  • / / / \ \ \
    / / / \ \ \ wrote:
    crystal castles steals lesser-known 8bit musicians' work
  • Joachim D. Jensen
    crystal castles rock man
  • Joachim D. Jensen
    on topic: times new viking
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    /// \\\
    Citation needed.
  • / / / \ \ \
    / / / \ \ \ wrote:
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/05/05/chiptune-music-theft-continues-crystal-castles-abuses-creative-commons-license/

http://www.chartattack.com/news/53762/crystal-castles-accused-of-stealing-songs

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    /// \\\
    Ah, interesting. Thanks for the links.

The world of sampling and songwriting is rife with fuzzy boundaries between complete originality and "inspiration."

Malcolm Gladwell wrote a great essay on the subject -- I forgot the exact name, but it appears in his recent compilation of New Yorker articles, "What the Dog Saw."
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    Jon, im a classical fan, enjoy playing it...
    and...
    sufjan stevens... he is simply brilliant
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl

Have you seen These New Puritans in London yet? They'll be here next month. I'm pumped -- their new record has really grown on me.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Robin Thicke START WITH A KISS !!
  • Saint - Spartacus
    HYMIE's BASEMENT
  • Saint - Spartacus
    Emotional joystick
  • Saint - Spartacus
    i support open source even for music cause whatever remix or random remix should not considerate as copy and that comes a processe of creation ,
    so i against so called music license
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home
  • Daniel Westerberg
    Right now, I'm listening to the Chinese folk song "Money (That's What I Want)" by Flying Lizards lolz
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    Space Monkeys...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Cars hissing by on the freeway and the guy snoring next door.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl
    The "singer" from TNP recently gave an extensive interview to Pitchfork about why he'll never "sing" again. I perused it, but their interviews are always way too long and esoteric for me to really get through.

They canceled their Beijing gig, by the way.

I'll have to check out the stuff you mentioned. I've lately been getting into more funky, Afrobeat-inspired rock stuff, like Wild Beasts and tUnE-YaRdS, and garage/alt country hybrids like Smith Westerns and Cass McCombs.

Sure, they're so 2009, but I unfortunately can't be bothered to check out every band that some Pitchfork contributor wet their pants over in real time.
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    Cold Play -- Trouble
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl
    Well, I'm going to start listening to bands that no one has ever heard of just to get ahead of everyone else -- even bands that haven't even formed yet.

Bookmarked those sites. Thanks!

My summer playlist -- aside from local music and pre-released stuff that I always listen to -- is shaping up to be the following:

- Deftones: "Diamond Eyes"
    - The Black Keys: "Brothers"
    - LCD Soundsystem: "This Is Happening"
    - The Dead Weather: "Sea of Cowards"
    - Foals: "Total Life Forever"
    - The Dillinger Escape Plan: "Option Paralysis"
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Oh, will check out the MIA video shortly.

NSFH?
  • Amalie Sæverud
    Jason Mraz
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    LCD Soundsystem, White Rabbits, Bon Iver, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, Devo, Temper Trap, Passion Pit, Mum, Hammock, Coldplay, Jay Z, Air, Telepop Musik, deadmau5, Thrice, Phoenix.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl
    Internet here is terrible; will have to check out that video when I get out. Have fun at those shows! Still haven't stolen the new Liars record yet, by the way.

Rebecca
    Spiffy. What did you think of the last Thrice record? Or more accurately, what do you think about Thrice's evolution since "The Artist in the Ambulance" dropped in 2003? Did you dig their four bloated concept records and last year's "Beggars?"

And what do you think about the scientists who announced yesterday that they created synthetic life? What are the implications for humanity, and to a lesser extent, the implications for other life forms?

Nah, I'm just kidding. But Thrice's new stuff really sucks. And you should check out the old school Phoenix track "If I Ever Feel Better," a bouncy, happy-go-lucky head-nodder that Philly gays appropriated waaaaay back in the day in the Philly Gayborhood.

We'd be at 13th and Pine, eating pizza and drinking Yuengling, and it'd seem like every homo-stuffed convertible that cruised by had that track at full blast.

But those are stories for another time.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Sheryl
    I listened to "Sisterworld" several times while receiving my daily IV drip of glucose and what I suspect is N-acetylcysteine.

A great record: disorientating and spooky, like something Jim Morrison would've concocted had he stuck around long enough to interpret the nightmares of the dawn of the twenty-first century.

The doctors just came in for their Monday morning huddle, clipboards in hand, as the record was winding down and awash in empty space.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine," I said as the record ended with a squall of feedback and spooky dissonance.

All of their eyes widened. "What a freak," they were probably thinking. "Bump up the fucker's dosage."

Haven't heard of Nedry or seen the new Aguilera video. But I suppose nothing could ever up that "Telephone" video.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Yeah, I look like a heroin addict, with the track marks and all.

*cough*

Well, then. Thanks for recommending the Liars record: it'll get some serious rotation this summer -- including here at the hospital, where I will play it whenever nurses and staff are around.

I'm not really a big grindcore fan. I like going to the shows here in Beijing, but can't really listen to it outside of a live setting.

Christina Aguilera's husband must be a happy guy.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Haha, fragile state.

I've been surviving on a steady diet of Minor Threat, Bad Brains and the Ramones to add some spice to my diet.

Can't load their MySpace for some reason.
  • Vanessa Iren Saglien
    today: all the albums of Placebo
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Placebo's "Sleeping With Ghosts" is a FANTASTIC RECORD. It reminds me of my first night living in Strasbourg, France.

Since my host brother and I couldn't communicate at all, we bonded by smoking a big fat joint and listening to that record on repeat.
  • Road
    Road wrote:
    2 By Bukowski
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    Pete DeMola:

I have not heard the "Beggars" record yet. None of my friends have raved about it, and I usually look to them for music suggestions, so I haven't really rushed out to listen to it yet. The last album(s) I've listened to was The Alchemy Index, which I absolutely love. I came into Thrice when "Vheissu" was out, though I caught some older songs before that. I'm mostly just in-love with Teppei Teranishi...and I think Thrice has matured with their aduience, which is a rarity.

I'll definitely check out that track by Phoenix. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    P.S. Currently listening to:

Band of Skulls - "Friends"
    Hammock - "The Air Between Us"
    Sade - "Solider of Love"
    White Rabbits - "Percussion Gun"
    Moby - "Porcelain"
    Jeff Buckley - "New Years Prayer"
    M83 - "We Own The Sky"
    La Roux - "Bullet Proof"
    Delorean - "Seasun"
    Caribou - "Melody Day"
  • Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:
    Crystal Castles - Vietnam (LightsoverLA Remix)
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    a lot of beatles! cause i have a new band who do tribute to them!!! really fun!
    **** wrote:
    FLO RIDA: -Right round ****

R.E.M: -The Great Beyond ****

JIMY HENDRIX: -All Along the Watchtower *****
    -Hey Joe **

THE KINKS: - All day and all of the night *****

BENJAMIN BIOLAY: -Dans la merco benz ****

POLICE: -Can't stand losing you ***
    - Message in a bottle ****
    -Walking on the moon ****

TRYO: -Ce que l'on s'aime ****

FAITHLESS: -Donny X ****
    -God is a DJ ***
    -Muhammad Ali *****
    -Sunday 8pm ***
    -Tarantula ***

RENAN LUCE: -La Lettre *****

JUNIOR SENIOR: -Move your feet ****

THE KOOKS: -Naive *****

THE BOX TOPS: -The Letter *****

XAVIER RUDD: -The Mother *****

DAFT PUNK: -Around the World ***
    -Harder Better Faster Stronger ***
    -Something About Us ****

PHOENIX: -Consolation Prizes ****
    -Coutesy Laughs *****
    -If i ever feel better *****
    -Long distance call *****
    -Run run run ***
    -One time too many ***
    -Lost and Found ***

PHOENIX AND THE SHADOWS: -Love in your mouth ****

MAGIC SYSTEM: -1er Gaou ****

NOIR DESIR: -Comme elle vient *****
    -Le vent l'emportera *****
    -L'homme presse ****
    -Un jour en France ****

MANU CHAO: -Clandestino *****
    -Manhattan fast food dakar ****

PLACEBO: -Every you every me ****

THE VERVE: -Lucky man ****

THE TURTLES: -Happy together *****

STING: -Desert rose ****

MODJO: -Lady ****

• kö
    wrote:
    James Yuill----Ray GUN
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    The XX....
    incredible!! *______*!!
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    The Beatles - "I'm Looking Through You"
    Air - "Easy Going Woman"
    Pink Floyd - "Us & Them"

Pete:

That Phoenix track is totally and utterly....gay. Wow. I get it. I can vividly imagine your story too. It's like something out of South Park. *Cowers*
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    Drunk Elk (from a small town in Tasmania, that's apparently part of Australia) they sound like a loose and wandering, more whiny, more isolated, version of joy division
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    also my Chinese Teacher's recordings of the sentences we just learned, set to a muffled hum.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Bill Callahan...AKA Smog...A River Ain't Too Much to Love..album gloomy as hell but loving it feeling like lying in the bottom of river and see all sorts of things flowing floating and passing by.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Lets
    I LOVE Bill Callahan's new record.

This week, I've been listening to a lot of:

and

• Tsechi Sokpo
    Tsechi Sokpo wrote:
    These are all musts:

"Talamak" - Toro y Moi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPzWDUU9Opo

"Silver City" - Ghostland Observatory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXnHCc5kJlw

"Go Outside" - The Cults
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHhEBqRTXdk

"Home" - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjFaenf1T-Y
  • NN
    NN wrote:

This is an old song already(1st time I listened to it was almost 5 years ago) but just sounds great always,and kinda of like make you happy when listen to it,so check it out

Space Cowboy

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    @Nina - i remember that song being played a lot on the radio. very catchy. Today i listen to Lee Memorial new single, called Tiptoe. A sprawling country rock hoe down. I also listen to philosopher Alan Watts. His Out of Your Mind series. really, really recommend this guy ! He is a self dubbed 'spiritual entertainer'. if anyone is interested in it i can 'sort' you out.
  • Danielle
    Danielle wrote:

everytime i close my eyes --Babyface

I dont know why i keep checking this topic everytime i am here.

cheers

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:

Ketama's Problema. 

why i love them so much !!!

KETAMA!!!!

• Pete DeMola
  • Dan
    Dan wrote:

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

Hey, "Yes Sir", it's nice that you posted a flash player but next time please set it not as autoplay, it is quite annoying.

Hi Dan, i just listened to a live version of that song on their Douban page, not so sexy ...

• Jade Chen
    Jade Chen wrote:

Love the Way You Lie - Eminem feat. Rihanna

California Gurls - Katy Perry feat. Snoop Dogg

Dynamite - Taio Cruz

Statistics - Lyfe Jennings

• Annie Ann
    Annie Ann wrote:
    Before he cheats.
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    so it is definitely The Falls' new album, Our Future, Your clutter oh yeah, ohhhh yeah
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hit dem up- 2pac Shakur
  • NN
    NN wrote:

Sex and Violence  By Scissor Sisters

• Ed Legend
    Ed Legend wrote:

King Fantastic - Westcoastsynthesizerbeachbumgangstermusic

BetaTraxx - Mafiosa

• Sasha 莎莎 Wang

oh ma gawwwwd.

Beautiful lies - B complex
    machete - DJ Hazard
    pieces - chase and status

for all you dnb/dub lovers.

• Daisy
    Daisy wrote:
    got your back-T.I ft. Keri Hilson
  • NN
    NN wrote:

张惠妹   

我永远的歌后

• Tonje Dahl
    Tonje Dahl wrote:
    heartbeat stereo skyline
  • xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx wrote:

California gurls : Katy Perry 

Your love is my drug : Kesha

Hello Good morning : Diddy 

Find your love : Drake 

Hold Yuh : Gyptian

Billionaire : can't remember the artist

Got your back : TI ft Keri 

Speaking my language : R.Kelly 

• *¤°.¸¸.·´¨`»¤Julie Bass¤«´¨`·.¸¸.°¤*

Kesha- booty call

Chris Brown - deuces

Nelly- Just a dream

Nicki Minaj - Ur love( remix)

Jay Sean ft. Nicki Minaj - 2012

Rihanna-  Rockstar

• Sakura
    Sakura wrote:

eight string religion

• AstroKaka
    AstroKaka wrote:

Fatal Bazooooooooooooooooka !!!

Very very stupid Hip-hop group !

Nice

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:

i m listening to 评述《三国》 now while working on Data LOL

it's so much fun, these use to run on the radio when i was a kid. I also show it to my bro, also he started to listen to it now. Somehow the spoken version are reveiling totally new aspects and details about how to understand the whole story.

here are the MP3 downloads:
    http://www.mmmppp333.com/text/story/sanguo.htm

• StrawberryIceCream

Nothing. Currently the popular music is just too noisy.

• Da Chuan
    Da Chuan wrote:

most of the days i just play some Persian RAP Musics and sometimes listen to radio by some programs .

• Peter S 李贝勒

www.myspace.com/pierrebilliard

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
  • Marte Joahansen

Mike Posner-Breakeven.

The surround string sound from a bose earpiece

via the pad makes music worthwhile.

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Audacity - Power Drowning

Somehow manages to be the best Punk album and the best Garage album of the year.

• NN
    NN wrote:

鋼琴曲  《還記得》

• Daniel
    Daniel wrote:

Currently Marduk: trying to decide if I want to go back to Black Metal gigs after about 8 years away.

• Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:

Hed pe - swandive

DJ Fresh - Goldust

• Alban
    Alban wrote:

wat up Mike !

U dude doin' da thing downthere as assigned?

• Vanessa Iren Saglien

王瑞凡  《青春》

• NN
    NN wrote:

Trey Songz ft Nicki Minaj    BOTTOMS UP

• Person
    Person wrote:

ben folds - your dogs

• N-Die 北京的法国人

Right now, some Psytrance

• Marte Joahansen

The Script - Breakeven

• Ejdnzlaj
    Ejdnzlaj wrote:

Thee Oh Sees

• Tonje Dahl
    Tonje Dahl wrote:
    real later starter!
  • 申琪 Annie Shen

easy fm~

listen to the radio!

• Da Chuan
    Da Chuan wrote:

Reveal & 7Khat - Kill Em With A Pen

• Marte Joahansen

Jamilaya- Orezi feat JamJam.

• Marte Joahansen

Somebody want's to die- M.I

• Ronnie
    Ronnie wrote:

mostly from the stone roses  the jam  kasabian and some indie rock .and 60s . sfuff

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.