Discussion » Film & TV » Beijing Video

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    Hiya

Here is the video i made in Beijing. It is somewhere between an art installation and a documentary video. It’s not ideal to view on the internet (it really needs a big screen so you can get lost in the double image etc) but hey, this is the only way for the moment.

Would love to get any feedback from you guys.

Quick note: I am very embarrassed of my ‘lack of’ Chinese ability in this, please be gentle. (I’m better now!)

The video details my attempt to get to Song Zhuang art district. My taxi driver, after ensuring me he knew where he was going get’s horribly lost, and we struggle to communicate. This confused, unrealised journey looks into every crevice it can find, and attempts to reconstruct a more believable ‘reality’, one where different layers of understanding and experience interact with the present moment.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/Mp2mFv47gXw/

peace and clear skies

iain

• Saint - Spartacus
    my tip is enjoy
    even that a little far from professional, just keep it, you'll get more exprience
    the most important is the idea, it's so esay to say installation,but ,it's not as simple as a short video, then every one can do installation, so as the critic art, everyone make art and everyone can expose in the galery, that's ture, popular reflection.... if you can get what i mean ... be courage any way

• Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    I don't know what happened to the kid, he was so upset and just ran off into the distance, cars beeping at him
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    *John Bo* cheers for travel advice !

*Eric.Hanson* you're right, not professional at all. i shot it on the video function of my still camera. i just filmed what was going on around me. that's why i find it interesting. there is a drifting quality about it that i like. sometimes things are nice when they are highly composed and put together with hi end stuff. sometimes the opposite is true too.

*Peter* thanks for watching. the whole thing was a bit of an experiment. i had to have something a week after i got back from Beijing, so this became this. to people here i guess it is a lot more interesting because of a foreign place etc. still, when it is big it is a lot more engaging.
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    yeah, which is great Peter.

i'm into them too, but have had trouble writing them of late. there is also some kind of immediate thing i want to communicate too.

that's why i would like to work with a writer !

• Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:
    wow, damn, by the way were u trying to go to 798???
  • Iain Bonner
    Iain Bonner wrote:
    no, Song Zhuang. i never made it !
  • Stian Moe
    Stian Moe wrote:
    oh am sorry, the taxi driver was so......... actually i was pissed off while i was watching the video lol
  • ┢┦apΡy
    ┢┦apΡy wrote:
    :)
    I found that time is so precious, the child's behavior Note: crazy ~ ~

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.