Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Want to language exchange??

• Mike Cottrill
    Mike Cottrill wrote:
    Hey I would like to improve my mandarin, I have recently just arrived in Beijing, would be great to make friends who I can practice talking mandarin to. Also I can teach you English if you wish. I am from UK, so can teach you real British English, if you want to meet up for a chat. drop me a message
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    i cant speak japanese
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Hm, I also need to improve my japanese.

Wie gut sprichst Du denn deutsch, Neda?

• Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    sehr gut!
  • Man TianFei
    Man TianFei wrote:
    i want to improve my english
  • Cecilie Reksten
    Vielen danke
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Nintendo defnitely needs to improve german.

Jesus, can't believe you actually made a mistake even with the most basic german expression.
  • Cuteangelalice
    i want to exchange Chinese & Spinish ~
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I would also like to have some Spinach
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    you are from UK doesn't mean u can teach me London english as u want to learn mandrin...not Shanghainese/Henanese/Chongqinese/Cantonese.and probably you have england countryside accent...and the chinese prefer the pure London English.Tokyo Japanese.Paris French.I just don't know why~~

all i said is only for fun~~hope u'll find a real language-partner...not sth else~~or..some ppl know what I gonna say
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    ko ni chi wa~~
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    no im not from the countryside im from Brimingham
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I've changed my chinese with spanish so long but did not see any progress.

Tranquilla~
  • Damolo
    Damolo wrote:
    hey how r u doin?I m a Chinese girl living in Japan now.I 'll be back in Beijing in July.Im looking for people who wanna learn Chinese or Japanese.Just to make some pocket money and some new friends to hang out~Im easy going and patient about teaching.If it's fine,I'd like to meet more people related in design .Others are also welcome.so plz send me a mail if you r interested in language learning.Good luck in Beijing~~
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    interesting!!I can teach you chinese/chongqinese...and I'm learning japanese right now!i have many french friends so that i can speank a little bit french.and also interesting in spanish...
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    I need somebody to teach me japanese!!chinese teacher is better for me
  • Cecilie Reksten
    i wanna find a language partner for my ILETS exam....i can teach u chinese/beijing hua....
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Why would anyone want a London accent? Seriously?

Are you confusing a London accent with the typically cut-glass English accent that you'd associate with the Royal family?

Also, I would think that most British people teaching English have very mild accents anyway: I'd be surprised if the OP had a thick Brummie accent...
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    MIKE, I think you better practise your english than your chinese.I QUOTE YOU"I have recently just arrived in Beijing" this is chinglish. GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT SENTENCE. TO ADD MORE:" would be great to make friends who I can practice talking mandarin to". THIS IS WHICH KIND OF ENGLISH?

"if you want to meet up for a chat. drop me a message". This sentence is the worst

Better brush up ur english than ur chinese.
  • Cuteangelalice
    wow....make sense ~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... picking the English mistakes of a non Chinese, while no one cares much about the English mistake of the Chinese here? Nice one ...

Anyone teaching Martian?
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Haha Blacky, I am not of chinese descent so I dont speak chinglish. I do sometimes speak colloquial like Thorstan says. Thanks for the back up Thorstan. People are ready to easily attack here
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Autochthon lang. I request. if they can online and see my post should be great .
    ha kidding.

I think I want to learn some norwegian .. or Portuguese also fine for me!!! haha cool
  • C.Chaud
    C.Chaud wrote:
    I'm the right person for that Blair I do speak French as well cuz I'm native hehe
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @CC I just cant believe my "autochthon" becoz everyone type english !
  • Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    @everyone,I speak nice chinglish,dose anyone wants to learn? hahaha.
    Language just a tools for communication, isn't it? by the way, anyone knows about guitar?i'm learning it.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    The OP is full of comma splices. But I made a comma splice in my article for the site, so it's forgiveable here in the forum.

Go piss up a rope, Blacky. I hope you're not an English teacher, because you don't know thing one about fixing busted English. Especially if you call every grammatical error "Chinglish".

"Language" comes from the Latin root word for tongue. Which is fitting because everyone knows language exchange partners are really just interested in swapping tongues, saliva, and other fluids.
    Thorstan&Dando: u guys have little schoolings . U do not know how the language functions. This is the reason why u just speak colloquial English.,what I can call the language of the street , slangs...
    Academic English , that's the language of scholars, my language. I am ready for a grammar test , u dare? Let's go for it. Will teach u after my trip from Phi Phi
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    You gentlemen are poorly educated. You do not employ proper syntax, spelling, or punctuation. This is why you write vernacular English: the language of peasants and common folk. This is what I call the language of the gutter, for it is rife with pedestrian slang and idiomatic expressions. (1)

I use only scholarly English, with MLA source citations and footnotes. I am prepared for you to formally evaluate my grammar. Test me, if you dare!

I will teach you after my trip to the gloryhole.

(1) (Slang is an uncountable noun, shit-fer-brains.)
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    i can lern u sum englishes
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    u gonna talk 'murrikan real good

im expert
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Dando Z
    [citation needed]
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Some people[1] say I am a cunning linguist.

[1] Blacky's mother, March 22nd, 2010.
  • wrote:
    Balcky,

haha, interesting.
    You act just like Abisai who said that Namibian can speak better English than those in U.S. and U.K. can.
  • Vanessa Marie Ormset
    who want to exeprience sichuan culture?exchange sichuan Mandarin for english。haha
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    This thread is one of my favourites!

Hands up who defended 'I've recently just arrived' as correct English! You guys are awesome.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    ^^grammatically incorrect for posterity!
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    The internet?
  • Malin Hylland
    Malin Hylland wrote:
    wow! nice statements!
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    meh people here are way too critical
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Mike's English isn't perfect. It's just rude to correct someone's English outside of a classroom, and seeing people criticizing without correcting is just plain infuriating for the English teachers and copy editors who do this shit for a living.

班门弄斧 at your own peril.
    Piece of sheet like Dando does not know grammar. So how can he knows about posterity? Daniel, please teach him before I come back from Bangkok . Based on the way Dando talks, it is obvious that he has little schooling. Go to all forums and see his posts,: rude rude rude language.
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Who really gives a fuck ?
  • wrote:
    Blacky,

"it is obvious that he has little schooling. Go to all forums and see his posts,: rude rude rude language."

haha, interesting.
    White people speaks black words; black people speak white words.
    I am yellow and I speak English that I learnt from the books, TV and Radio.
    I can not speak any slang, haha, but I can speak very good Chinese.

It seems that the poor people pay more attention to education, but rich guys do not need to have lots of schooling. Old Chinese saying: 穷读书,富练武。Poor guys change their fate by schooling and imperial examination; rich guys have enough money to use money to learn martial art from the masters in old China.

A little go far away, but interesting.
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    But having an education could also mean that u have much more possibilities to be more intelligent than people who haven't been educated...
    The term EDUCATION tells everything.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... hear hear ... Master Idiocracy, with honors ...
  • Marlene Sannes
    I want to study japanese....
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Fuck me. Shit just got too real, man.
  • Erik Røger
    Erik Røger wrote:
    Back to the original topic if any1 wants to meet up to do a language exchange. send me a message

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.