Discussion » Food & Drink » Burgers

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    Although I must admit that Chinese people have fairly good eating habits, I have to have a burger and fries sometime. I just cannot continue eating Chinese food day in and day out. It gets to me and since eating is so basic, I have to enjoy it.

Where do you go for your burgers?

I like Grandma's Kitchen in the WDK hualian.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Usually let's burger in sanlitun!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    And since you're from the US, maybe you know "fat burger" (I have no idea how famous or not it is), they opened their first shop in Beijing near 三元桥, not far from the US embassy.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Q: what's so special about this "fat burger" thing?
  • Celine Dalen
    Celine Dalen wrote:
    bule frog in sanlitun
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    fat burger...in the grand summit. across from kempinski
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Stomach homesickness...
    I usually cook for myself with handy ingredients...But once a while I have to make myself 水煮鱼...or ..排骨藕汤... It's like 2,3 days out of the month that my stomach tears down its gentle mask and go wild say..fuckyo spaghetti lasagna rucola get mama some good spicy stuff...crazy isn't it?-o-

Besides, I can't get enough of french fries ... have to know when to stop though...considering some girls stop eating starchy food since when..17? - -|||...
    I used to have burgers in Burge King ...Well then the" FOOD.INC" came up...Now I kinda make burgers myself ... and twice a week I go shopping fresh produce from open market and local macelleria...how come I never discover the benefits of that(high cost performance not to mention that friendly human contacts and dashing sunlight instead of dealing with rows of racks..).-o-

Why am I bubbling like a crazy person!?
    ...and I'm still doing it....-o-....
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    Mmmm burgers......I also make my own pretty regularly, they usually work out tastier and cheaper than those in a restaurant and they are incredibly easy to make....

Plus you can get variety by using different types and cuts of meats and adding different seasonings
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Carlos, I am no burger expert, but I love to eat, so I am very interested about what you meant by "variety" here ... meat, is just meat, especially after you minced it, then it would not have mattered what cut of meat ... right?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Still matters. Fat content and tenderness (even when you ground it up) makes a difference. How do you cook it Carlos? Small coal/propane grill outside or just frying pan? I've had reasonably good luck with frying pan but still just not quite the same as a coal grill...
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    豪华汉堡!LUSH in 五道口! I have never had a better burger anywhere else in the world. It is huge! Juicy! and so so 豪华!If there is a better burger I want to taste it.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Lush? Really? Interesting, I've only been there once and only had a hot chocolate by my lonely self hahaha, will try said burger next time
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    I've had burgers at Lush, Kiosk, Blue Frog, Hooters, a donkeyburger at some place in wudaokou, McDonalds, BurgerKing in Xidan, New York Burger (in wu), the streetburgers in the barstreet (avoid!), Tun's babyburgers, Let's Burger and Fridays (if i forgot any they're probably not worth mentioning.

The only true competition to Let's Burger, is the Fridays burgers with Jack & Daniels sause. But the winner is clearly Let's Burger :-) If you like burgers, do NOT miss this place.
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    There is another place they got good burgers LUSH the chicken burger is really good ,and they will have certain discount .when you are really hungry and want to save some money you can go there .
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    叮噹叔叔 : Well for one you can use lamb, pork or beef not including any cuts of bacon pancetta etc that you might wanna throw into the mix. (some purists might disagree)

Different cuts of meat will give you different flavour. The other day I made a lamb burger from thin strips of fatty hot pot. I thought it would taste bad but once I had chopped up the meat and pimped it up with the right seasoning it came out pretty good.

Jon: Use a frying pan most of the time, but you are right -the few times I barbequed them they came out better.

Right, I'm doing some today!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I see ... and as I said, I am not a burger expert, so I am not sure what qualifies to be called a "burger", but there are two "alternatives" that some of you might want to try:

1. Satay Beef Burger ... perhaps more like a sandwich or a roll, as it is often served with a hot dog bun ... it's basically satay beef served in a bun or a roll, and you can find it on almost all the HK style restaurants in BJ ...

2. Pork Chop Burger ... this is a piece of pork chop served in a bun, also more like a sandwich ... there are also a few Macao style restaurants in BJ that has this on menu ...

• TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    Carlos - I am looking forward to those burgers, homes

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.