Discussion » Nonsense » How to make your life more interesting?

• Jimi
    Jimi wrote:
    I haven't been able to shake the feeling for about the past 1 year or so that life, in all its splendor, is routinely and mind numbingly boring.

I used to play shows with Raging Mob and that really was a great thing. Now, I have a new band and hopefully that will bring some color to my life.

But, I am wondering what you all do to bring some spice into your life. And how do you keep yourselves from jumping off xizhimen qiao out of pure boredom of the daily life. Wake up, go to work, eat, shit, sleep and repeat!!!
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Party. Play sports. All you need man.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Yay, sports is a good way.
    Grab the free beijing city magazines to browse through the coming events, might sometimes find something you like.
    Start learning something new (language / dance / music / cooking / whatever!)
    Travel or at least get out of that city from times to times
    Amusement park (that will work only once, it's a joker card, use it with caution hahaha!)

Keep thinking that there can be fun / interest in anything you're doing any day, all the time, it's sometimes just your mind!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I think it's more a mind thing ... try to see the ligher side of even the worst things, and then laugh a little ... hahahaha ... see what I mean?
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    Raising babes
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Jeffrey, gladly ...

Let's consider all the spitting happening in China every microsecond, instead of feeling disgusted, I'd like to think that these people are just adding mositure to the already very dry weather ... but somehow that still sounds disgusting ... hahahaha ...
  • Tonje Oliversen
    Oh I'd like to have an idea of the number of tons of spit produced daily here! (not sure I really want to actually)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Lydia, Lydia, Lydia ... may I refer you to this other thread instead?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Jeff ... "strange" is not something we want to compete ... I see darkness everywhere too, but at the same time, I still think there is "good" in each and everyone of us, just waiting to break through ...
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Start dancing. For example tango argentino. Unlike Salsa, It's much more difficult to master but It's great fun in many ways. The music is inspiring, deep and emotional. The movement is elegant and sexy. If you dance well, girls will adore you. It's a dance for a life time. The tango scene in Beijing is small but full of cool people.

I'm so busy now I don't even have time to watch one single DVD I bought lately.
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    every time you see a small animal just start imagining how far you think you could kick it. I find it passes the time, its also a great conversation to have on a first date.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Rock out more
    Go to shows. That's what I do, probably 3-4 per week, that is, in the event that my head is screwed on straight and I'm not hungover. You're a rock and roll dude: I'm surprised I haven't seen you at the metal gigs at 13 Club.

Read more
    Getting down with a good book not only enhances that gray matter, but kills time.

Study more
    Unless your Mandarin skills are on the same level as Da Shan, a few hours each day poring over educational texts are useful, no?

Get laid more
    Healthy, both psychologically and physically.

Write more
    Start writing your memoirs.

If none of those work, get yourself a smack habit. The days will ease by effortlessly and before you know it, you'll be wishing for the normalcy of your previous life.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    If you want to spend your time, your life, do many things, there are many recipes for cook a life. Only choose one.
    If you want to employ your time, your life, stop, and think what do you want to do really, what are the things that wake you up, feel you alive?
    be in move is not the same that be active.
    Leafs of the trees move by the wind, but not by themselfs.
    A zen monk, in meditation, is more active than a slave working for the master.
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    face to the instinct without fear and excuse,try AT LEAST 3things every year-things U never wanted to do or things u thought u'd never be able to make it done.

that brings something new.
  • Trond Råna amundsen
    i dont know
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    thats right, continually distract yourself! Never take some time to understand yourself or the source of your frustrations with this complex modern world we were never evolved for.
    The last thing you want to discover is that bordom is merely a state of mind.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.