Discussion » Nonsense » Loser Laowai

• John
    John wrote:
    I find this article disturbing on so many levels:

http://www.globaltimes.cn/www/english/metro-beijing/people/profile/2010-03/509541.html

• Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    i think the chinese guy is the one wrong here.....if u are divorcing u dont have to bother ur ex wife anymore
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Ah so ... the article quality itself is worse than poor, there's no point in this article, that's not even an article it's a story. I'd like to know the goal of the guy who wrote that when he did it. Where is this going?

And in my opinion, everyone is wrong in that story. The husband, the wife and the foreigner.

The husband is a humiliated angry little kid who does not make his "loved ones" happy and relies on violence and threats to protect his world.
    The wife is not honest, and she's a mother who would abandon her child just like that. (It does not seem in the article that this troubles her a lot).
    The foreigner is no better!
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    I didn't check that,but i wanna say:loser back home.
    chinese too
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Agree with Saibo: this case isn't really newsworthy.

Considering the Global Times is positioning itself as a trashy tabloid (not that there's anything wrong with that), I think the editor's/journo's intent with this piece was to showcase an edgy aspect of life in contemporary China that's usually not covered in the media:

Just add the following variables:

- foreign teacher
    - Chinese woman
    - sex
    - jealousy
    - cultural ignorance
    - violence

Groan.

Unfortunately, the ingredients above just aren't spicy enough in this case to warrant a hardhitting article. Were it up to me, I would have thrown in some quick statistics and/or background context on mixed marriages in China, the amount of foreign teachers in China and other info to illustrate this case as part of a larger theme.
  • Lady M
    Lady M wrote:
    i agree, reading that article was a disturbing experience.
    nothing's rational in that story and the way it is described ...brrr some how too cold blooded since it is supposed to be a lovestory.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Well c'mon people. He pulled out a real live god damned motherfucking crossbow! You don't see that every day!
  • Rune
    Rune wrote:
    oh shit I now know how i want my life to end, when it comes to that.

getting shot with a real fucking crossbow from point blank range by a deranged husband whose wife ive been banging. Can it be more awesome?
  • Undermoonlight
    ...If someone thinks the story is disturbing, maybe he should have some reflection on himself...I mean, come on, adultery in China was once regarded as a felony (as near as 40 year ago)...although now it's not much a serious crime, but still morally unacceptable----becuase it means the morality of the both parties involved in adultery is quite questionable...Coming to China and banging some stupid man's wife?...It's funny, but not awesome
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Undermoonlight... are you really just Fagio Stone, but with better grammar?
  • John
    John wrote:
    How to improve your reading comprehension skills:

http://www.pickthebrain.com/blog/improve-reading-comprehension/
  • Undermoonlight
    ...just amazed at someone who has high regard for my grammer...Jon Gu, you are chinese, right? or, at least, Asian. So what? Your english is better than me? or you know better about the english culture?...I say those words because some white trashes really mishave in China...ok, no need to explain, but maybe it's really not COOL to say these words in a serious tone...laughing at myself...and continuing to watch you guys masterful maneuver...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    You're missing the point. Your English is great, I wasn't mocking you or being sarcastic about that.

I was mocking you for sounding similar to another guy on WLIB who calls himself Fagio Stone. Know who I mean? I just hope you aren't another version of him.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... too late and too full to read long news articles ... typing on the keyboard is good exercise though ...

UML ... I am very sure that Jon Gu was trying to make a friendly joke which turned out badly, dont feel bad about it, ok?

Jon ... looks like you need to buy him a drink ... hahaha
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    What's depressing about that article is that someone so stupid can be qualified to practice law.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Well there's a lot more foreign guys hooking with chinese women than foreign women hooking with chinese guys.
    I think I've seen less than 5 of these foreign woman - chinese man couples in my whole time in China.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.