Discussion » Dating & Romance » Are you gay?

• Dave
    Dave wrote:
    Well, first of all I am totally straight. (no offense to gay people, it's just a matter of preferences) Yesterday I was out partying with my friends, and this Chinese girl was apparently interested in me. However, I didn't really feel like it, had far too many things in my head and very politely told her that I just want to have fun with friends today. She was quite charming, sexy and spoke near perfect English. Her friend just couldn't understand it and was saying things like "WTF is wrong with you? are you gay or something?" Is this common in China? Or do you also think there's really something wrong with me?
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    We asking you the same question Dave what's wrong with you man...
  • Sarah Prüller
    If you weren't in the mood you weren't in the mood! At least ur not one of those fuckers who takes advantage?!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahahaha ... been there, done that, and I am sure I have mentioned this a few times already ...

Think it was 1995 or 96, I drove to the Sydney airport to pick up my mother, the traffic was heavy and while stopping at a red light, she asked me bluntly "son, are you gay" ... I was shocked to say the least, but mind you, I was not angry at all, I was in fact laughing so hard that I had tears in my eyes ...

So Dave ... there is nothing wrong with you, perhaps just a flash moment of misunderstanding ... you could perhaps ask her to join WLIB and if you are telling the truth, I am sure she will not mind if you are gay or not ... hahahaha ...
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Well Dave, u gotta prove her that u r not a gay. As u described her she seems to be a perfect girl but i don't understand why u were trying to get away from her. As Marilyyy said girls don't want to be rejected specially when they r very beautiful. I'm sure she wanted to force talk to her cuz she was interested. That question asked to you " Are You Gay" could have lotta interpretations. So even though u didn't want to talk to her avoid rejecting a girl like that otherwise she'll feel bad, shocked, ashamed but u could also find other way to reject her by pretending interested and escape lol... or just tell her "my gf is waiting for me"...
  • Simon Willassen
    Nobody likes being rejected, of course. It just occurred to me that 1. guys who reject a girl in China are actually gay people, laowei men just love it so much. 2. girls seem to try to explain things in a way which really isn't so. maybe they should take it as it is, simple as that.

Well yesterday I was just turning away, saying no I'm not responding to this bullshit, but it's the first time a girl accused me of being gay just because i didn't want to get laid that night so it just feels like shit.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    you are gay
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    She called you gay, or her friend called you gay? I'm bit confused on this point
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    poor girl.been insulted by a gay.....

Nah seriously r u gay?if not...why do u care so much?
    just leave it,and live it up.
  • Simon Willassen
    Jon Gu/ the girl just walked away, and her friend was the one who said it.
    Jojo/ do me a favour and just piss off. i care because i'm not.

I don't think everybody reacts in an aggressive way when rejected.
    I guess that was the girl equivalent of idiots who swear to girls after getting rejected. Just don't understand those who try to justify it.
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    well unfortunaly here is China and I am chinese,I can't *piss off* to anywhere else.and I feel so sorry for u that u obviously don't have the ability to tell what amity is and whats the hostility.

from my last post my point was: why do u care about what others say so much?that does change anything,u would not be gay even if they think u were,and whats the matter??after all they r nobody for u,let them think whatever they wanted to think like and do whatever u think its right is more important.

I really don't understand it.for me myself if ppl think that I am les,I would not feel insulted,not at all.
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Happens to me ALL THE TIME. I can go to MIX, VICS, Suzie Wong... There'll always be some boys trying to dance with me, pay me a drink, ask me if I'm gay, etc... One even touched my ass last time... wtf! The weird thing is that they all can see that my friends are mainly girls... So... I don't know. It's not really important anyway.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Meh, who knows... in my experience, whenever theres more than one girl in a group and they all approach you at once, they tend to be gold diggers looking for some poor sap to buy them the next round. Maybe they were just those types and pissed that they got nothing from you? haha
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Lol dude, I still remember once when a guy who was at least 115kg tried to grind me at Mix... I'm big too at 100kg but this guy was giant and scared the shit outta me...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I like unicorns. Nothing wrong with that, right?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Dave, have you considered that maybe you're gay? Uncle Dingdang isn't gay, and he's not offended when his own mother suggests that he is. I personally wouldn't give a damn if someone thought I was gay (and sometimes guys hit on me, so I know some people think there's a possibility); as long as every once in a while a nice girl takes pity on me and bangs my brains out, I'm good. ^_^
    You know the homophobic nazi in "American Beauty"? I think it's kind of like that. People who are really concerned about gays might be trying to deny themselves.
  • Saint - Spartacus
    they are my friends , we do shoping together and we have the same taste about jugement, that's funny
  • Saint - Spartacus
    Hedwig and the Angry Inch
  • Børge Notkevich
    that's common everywhere, peer pressure
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I thought Lady Gaga was a lot cooler when I still believed the rumor that she had a penis.

Anyway, if you really think about it, there is nothing more 纯爷们 than being gay. Men are manly because they fuck women. Fucking something that fucks women is even manlier.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    how dare i admit it, i am so not a predator anyway, so it is nice to protend being a female here to search my next mouthwatering feast. ummmmmmm just thinking about it makes me horny............whatever ............i am a gay.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    ummmmmmm i did have a tattoo, and i almost bought a harley at Wangfujing. i am still dying to find one, well ......but they are both typical, u know how hard for the gay people to find a true love in the twenty-first century, it is like that a self respect is not with us at all ........sometimes. penes, that is a trouble, u have a penia with a feminine dress on u, called a transvertizer, it happens, so ever think of preferring a dildo with u? that u can just be a special girl when go outside, or have u ever found a shop like "gayborhood"? or considering ur parents talked about their feelingd for gays, u are sure they treat gays with a lot of contempt,....... so many troubles for gays. i am saying .....if just because u define urself as a gay man, mean u am a whore, it dose not make any sense any all, so unfair................a gay people just want a different kind of love, u ordinary guys have no idea how hot those dress are going to look on us..........
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    @Amber,
    I'm just curious, how does a Chinese family deal with having a homosexual family member? Giving the mandatory tradition of getting married, having a son, and buying a home for your parents to live in with you still seems to be going strong, do you even tell your parents you're gay? Or do you just marry a girl you're not attracted to and have a kid to appease your family while you get action in secret on the side?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... just to clarify one thing, I am not offended, but I have been contacted by some random people online, repeatedly stating that I am gay ... and that's annoying until I had to blacklist that person ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Hah! Maybe they think Ding Dang is the sound of a gaydar alarm somewhere going off...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Jon, DD is just my WLIB screen name, I have another life outside WLIB, but you probably know that already ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    haha for some reason when you said contacted online randomly, I just assumed you meant here...
  • 残乐
    残乐 wrote:
    what is the topic all about? are you serious ly starting to doubt that you are a gay, I really suggest you do so, cause you start to worry this kind of shit as gay does.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... no Jon, it was one of those "random friend request" on QQ ... for all I know. that could in fact be a very hot girl bored out of her skull, so she decided to hide behind the "mask" of a gay person and repeatedly asked me if I am gay ...

As for the "random events" here ... I do have an interesting story if you are interested, just make sure you bring some marsh mellow ... hahaha ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.