Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Pictures comments

• 赛博 - Saibo
    赛博 - Saibo wrote:
    I'm not sure, but I think when someone comments on a picture where I am tagged, I get notified about that.
    It would be great to be notified whenever someone comments something on a picture that I uploaded in my gallery whether I'm tagged on it or not.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

At the moment, I can remove my own comments in any picture gallery, but it would also be nice to be able to remove someone else's comments in my own gallery ...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    We're troubleshooting this, among other gallery features, now. Thanks for the suggestions and we hope to make this more user-friendly within the next few weeks.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Actually what I was thinking about is pretty close to what's in the feed on the profile page, just discovered that later. What would be wonderful in all that sauce would be to be able to subscribe to an album to get notifications. Like Jon uploaded pictures of a party at my place, it's not my album or anything here, but I'd like to get notified about comments over there too!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Yes, and also email notifications would be nice too, or something else that allows a user to see more than the 10 most recent events. Right now if I upload an album and there are more than 10 comments, I never get to see the oldest comments unless I go through and view every picture manually.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    So for example, instead of just the 10 item mini-feed, there could be a longer "feed" tab in the profile page that's scrollable and shows all notifications, or at least the last 50 or 100 depending on how much extra server load or space it would take (not much I'd imagine)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Duly noted. We'll keep you posted on our progress. Keep the suggestions coming.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I have noticed this following "issue" (the first one) for a while, but never paid much attention to it, because it always fixes itself somehow, however, this morning, I noticed somewhere that it does not fix itself (the second issue), so I thought I should mention it ...

However, it is NOT related to photo gallery, but the profile photo (well still related to the picture/photo) so I have written it here, or if you need me to start a new thread, just give me a yell ... here's what happened ...

After changing profile photo, it is updated nearly everywhere immediately except for these two palces:

1. guest book - I found that, if I go to a guest book that I have left words in the past, the OLD profile photo would still appear, but this fixes itself if I then wrote a new entry in the guest book ...

2. last online members - I just noticed that, when I go to see the last online members, my old profile photo still appeared on the page ... I had tried to refresh the page, but it did not work ...

I was just thinking, if the profile photo is auto-updated in the forum, then why not everywhere else ... however, since this is not a functional bug, more a presentation bug, it is not urgent, though it might be a easy fix ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Interesting... I have never seen my picture show up before in the "Last Online" members page, even after just logging into the website after a day or two of absence.
  • Daniel Westerberg
    being able to answer the comments so that the person who wrote the comment sees it in their feed would be nice too.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... morning ... too lazy to open a new thread, and it is only a very small thing anyway ...

Love what had been done with the (new) frame when clicking on the profile photo, however, some photo could stretch to take up one-half or more screen, and scrolling down to find the "CLOSE" is not too convenient ...

Q: Any chance you guys can move the CLOSE to the top right, so that it is in-synch with most apps on the screen?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Q: Is it possible to SWITCH OFF the update in my own mini-feed when a third-party write comment(s) in a photo that I used to comment?

• Ramz
    Ramz wrote:
    not really on topic here, but some of these random comments I see dudes make on radom chicks pictures during my many creep scessions are honestly painful to read, straight up. They're pretty atrocious. Can I get a what on that?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.