Discussion » Beijing Life » Speed sports

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:
    Where can we go to participate in this kind of thing? Ideally I'd like to race motorcycles on closed circuits again, but the expense of owning the bike plus a truck to transport it around and tires and such makes this mostly impossible.

But there are plenty of other alternatives, that can be done with rental equipment...

Motocross/Dirt Biking
    Kart Racing
    Autocross
    Personal Watercraft (Jetskis)/speedboats

I tried searching for Beijing motocross/dirt bikes, but all I find is BMX. I don't want to ride a freaking bicycle, I want a real 100-250cc dirtbike that I can take to a mud track somewhere and tear it up! Barring that, I'll settle for kart racing.
  • Hanna Eriksen
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Why is it funny??? I'm actually serious here for once! haha
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    There are some kart tracks, have to ask my colleagues to remind me where tomorrow.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    to race motorcycles ...........in my memory it always happens at drear nights with ceaseless blast ,with nipped fingers and toes, with.......the cold ghastly moon glancing through bars of cloud at the motor just running, afar the night offers a pale blank of mist, the desolate road keeps silence, so that i could not scream out my feelings , nor could i pass unnoticed phantoms around me. .......all the notions float dim through my brain but strangely impressive, and then connect themself with a suceeding target and then give the significance to the forlorn gallow standing up in there, i can not tell what sentiment haunts the solitary yard girlded by a broken wall, dreadful to me is the unknown .......i can get out of here or not............
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    ummmmmmmm i regretted to be under the necissity of keeping the motor but that untill i am reminded of those feelings. i will kill for a high qulity e-guitar and a motor.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Amber, I'm not sure what you're talking about but when I say racing motorcycles, I mean this kind of racing:

Real actual road racing on a dedicated race track. Not talking about some sorta night time biker boyz club where people go at night to "race" their bikes down the street. That would just be retarded. I hate those kind of bastards, they give motorcyclists a bad name...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    There's a track in xidan if I recall correctly. Don't know what it's worth.
  • Albulena Imeri
    jon, the owner of the shuangjing bar just got a 250cc bike and it looked good. u should talk to him. He's from Colorado.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    i knew u would not know.............u are not breaking my heart.......by that, i do not know what u mean either............ha

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.