Discussion » Chinese Language & Culture » Nice things about China 中国的好

• Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I realized that since we live in Beijing we frequently complain about the multitude of things "wrong“ with this place, thus giving Sun the mistaken impression that we're nationalist and anti-China.

I thought I'd start a thread where we can list the things we like about Beijing, China, or Chinese culture, especially as compared to wherever we're from (if it's not Beijing in the first place).

I'll start:

I LIKE that in the last two decades, despite all the threats and posturing, CCP has no invaded one single country. This in contrast to the States where I grew up, where I can't count how many invasions we've taken part in during my life time, and not for good reasons.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I love the fact that you can spend as little as two or three yuans for a meal (keep you full, reasonably tasty) ... and on the other end of the scale, hahaha, as they say, the sky is the limit ...
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    I like the culture of effort that the chinese people have in the sports. They respect the experstise.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    1. Chinese girls are the best ^^
    2. Chinese people in general. Very friendly, smiling and polite.
    3. Everything I couldn't afford in Norway, I can afford in China
    4. The food - oh so yummy!
    5. Traveling from Beijing to Sanya costs less than an hours taxi-drive in Norway.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I like that Chinese people are almost always extremely tolerant an accommodating of my terrible Chinese. There are a lot of people in the states who would impolitely suggest I go home if I spoke English the way I speak Chinese.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I like that in Beijing there is public transportation to go almost anywhere that I want, at a very reasonable rate. This compared to paying several pounds for a subway ride in London, or only having the option of driving my own car in the states.
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    don't want to talking about it with u!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    oh well, i thought that this thread could show that we're not all hegemonic imperialist china-haters, but it turns out that there's very little we like about China, (and also that we're a bunch of idiots)

Ah, I LIKE that people don't get sued in China for downloading copyrighted material as if it's stealing.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    I guess I'm still the only one who likes things about China.

I like that I can go into a convenience store and buy a sweet potato, a slice of melon, and a cup of soymilk, instead of just potato chips and soda.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    The international flavor and local flair. I like the culture here. I love people watching in Beijing. It is interesting to see the beautiful people and culture here. I also love the willingness people have to teach me. Very hospitable!
  • Shengy
    Shengy wrote:
    too many to write~~ :)
  • Cecilie Reksten
    hou hai is very beautiful~~
  • Daniel Westerberg
    I love the fact that the city is open all night.
    In Sweden most stores close at 18:00 and then it's only restaurants open.
    I also love that banks and post offices are open on the weekends.
  • Yomik
    Yomik wrote:

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.