Discussion » Sports & Activities » Let's go shopping (warning: seriously boring)

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

Having lived in a few cities over the many decades, I had often gone shopping alone, as well as with family and friends, and had observed a few "patterns", and I am curious what everyone thinks!

1. The (traditional) boutique - when you walk inside, you can feel someone "scanning" you from head to toe ... the sales staff dont come close unless you want to find a size or price etc ... and when you dont buy, you can feel that "stare" behind you ...

2. The "Giordarno" style - the "scanning" thing dont happen much here, and everyone gives you the same signature smile ... once in a while you will hear one person say "warehouse", and then someone yelled something in response ... no one comes close as well, but they appeared in front of you when you need ... and the typical "thank you for shopping with us" even when you buy nothing ...

3. The "Vero Moda" style (or "Only" or "Jack and Jones") - no "scanning", but when you walk inside, there is immediately someone following you around, trying to make conversation on anything, as well as making recommendation even when you whsiper or walk that little bit closer to a rack ... if it happens to be a bad day, you would hear someone scream "we are not far from target" or something, and then the rest of the world yelled something back ... oh yeah, that "thank you for shopping with us" thing too when you walk out empty-handed ...

So ... what do you all think? Or what other "patterns" can you suggest? Just for fun ...

• Amber
    Amber wrote:
    according to someone here.............i forget who he is..............the women are goods, so what happened when u bought them?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Amber, whoever that is, he (or she?) is a moron ... and that's not really what the discussion here ...
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    You take them back and get a refund.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I was deciding whether or not Yashao or The Silk Market fits into the Vero Moda style or if they deserve their own style: When you enter, you activate a proximity based trap that alerts all assistants to your presence. If you look particularly friendly, they attach themselves to your body until you buy things, screaming "Special price!" and grabbing a sneaky squeeze of your thigh/arm/chest.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    yeah ,i know............i do not have to buy anything by myself. all i need to do is to give my opions how i like the stuff that was bought me, and turns out no matter i like it or not, the next one is still no way to follow my taste. ,so few of the clothes in the fifteen closets are my type............
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... yes, they do deserve a category of their own ... and I always think that if anyone needs to improve their foreign language skill, go work at one of those markets for a few weeks or months ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.