I'm only all this up on the net as well, but here goes for anyone who is interested:
• Catholics are Christians which is a generic name for all monotheistic faiths based on the belief and teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. The earliest use of the term outside the Bible was by the Romans in AD64.
• The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Christian as "one who professes belief in Jesus as Christ or lives the lifestyle based on the life and teachings of Jesus; one who lives according to the teachings of Jesus." Therefore, Catholics are the original
• The basic beliefs of all Christians are generally regarded as:-
1.That Jesus Christ was the Son of God
2.That Jesus gave his life on the Cross and was raised from the dead.
3.That Jesus was the Messiah promised in the Old Testament
4.That Jesus sent his son to earth to save it from it's sins.
• One classification of Christianity divides it up into
• Protestant (Anglican, Evangelical, Baptist, Pentecostal, Lutheran, Presbyterian etc)
• Eastern (Orthodox)
• Non Trinitarian (Jehovah's Witness, Later Day Saint etc)
Catholics are Christians. Catholic are, in fact, the original Christians and the ONLY Christians for the 1st 1000 years of Christianity. It is through The Catholic Church, herself, that we Christians received the Canon of The Bible.