Discussion » Nonsense » 22 English Words Uniquely Used In China

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    From xirang.us

Smilence 笑而不语
    vi. When you are expecting some answers from your Chinese audience, you may just get a mysterious smile and their silence only.
    动词 当你期望从中国听众那里获得一些回答的时候,
    n. the facial expression with smile while keeping ones mouth shut.
    名词 笑而不语的表情
    ie. Once asked about what happened after July, 5th, 2009 in Xinjiang, the western province of China, many Uygurs smilenced.

Democrazy 民主妄想
    n. Democrazy is an illusional system of government in which people choose their rulers by voting for them in elections, which only exists in few Chinese imagination.
    名词 极少数中国人所想象的由人民通过投票来选择领导者的一种妄想中的制度。
    ie. In the mysterious land like China, the cure for democrazy, a dangerous sickness can be found in mental-illness hospitals or prisons.

Togayther 终成眷属
    adverb:be with each other no matter what
    ie. They met each other in a Chinese university campus; they have been togayther finally after graduation and going abroad.

Freedamn 自由
    n. Once you think you can do what you want to do, you are also damned in Malegebi.
    ie. Life is dear, love is dearer. Both can be given up; then all you have is freedamn.

Shitizen P民
    n. a shitizen of a particular country like China is legally accepted as belonging to that country without any right of citizen.
    ie. "I'm a senior official as your mayor, and you are only a shitizen!"quote from a high-rank drunk Chinese official, Mr. Lin.

Divoice 离婚宣言
    n. an announcement made for divorce
    ie. "I am so happy to divorce with you. And I wish you and your Xiaosan a merry marriage like ours."That's a divoice from a woman who managed to leave her ex-husband almost nothing.

Animale 男人天性
    n. the basic instinct of the species called "male"
    ie. Tiger Woods didn't do anything wrong but showing his animale.

Amerryca 享乐国
    n. A country where people enjoy 70% energy supply and asking others to cut carbon emission.
    ie. If you were elected in Amerryca, you would be a war president and Nobel peace prize winner at the same time too.

Innernet 内联网
    n. a restricted computer network connecting other approved networks and computers in certain regions or countries like China, Iran, Vietnam etc.
    ie. "What is Yake Lizard what is Yake Lizard, ah? Innernet is Yake Lizard!" “什么亚克蜥?啊 什么亚克蜥?内联网就是亚克蜥!”
    Please refer to this article for more details:请阅读下文获得更多信息:本文中译译者即将推出《泰晤士报:中国的互联网被神秘动物作弄》
    Chinese censors tormented by mythical animal – Times Online

Yakshit 亚克蜥
    n. abbreviation of Yake Lizard mentioned above
    ie. "What is yakshit what is yakshit, ah
    The CPC Central Committee’s policies are yakshit."
    Translation of the full lyric of the hot song played on the show of Spring Festival for the year of tiger.
    Yakshit: The New Year’s Hottest Internet Slang?

Departyment 有关部门
    n. The most mysterious department in China, which is in charge of almost everything and you can never find it when needed.
    ie. When google said it wants to negotiate with Chinese departyment about its threat of pulling out of China, it found that there is no such a departyment.

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    Suihide 躲猫猫
    v. kill oneself by playing seek-and-hide game
    ie. The word suihide is invented from the experience of Mr. Qiaoming Li ,who was found dead after he was put into custody more than 10 days for his cutting a tree on Kuming city, Yunnan province. The initial report issued by the police said he fell down when playing a hide-and-seek game during the custody along with other prisoners.
    “躲猫猫”一词来源于李荞明的经历,他因涉嫌砍伐了一颗云南省昆明市的树木而被拘禁,在拘禁十天后他被发现死亡。警方出具的最早的报告称他是在拘留所里和 其他犯人玩“躲猫猫”游戏时意外身亡。

Don’train 动车
    v. the advanced high-speed train which costs more than average Chinese can afford.
    ie. When they were told that most of migrant works cannot afford go back to their hometowns for the Spring Festival reunion by airplane, the officials responded, "Now they have the option to take Don'train."

Corpspend 捞尸费
    n. the fare you are supposed to pay for others to save your corpse after you die.
    ie. If you can avoid being fished when you are alive, and save most of the corpspend, you are definitely a successful shitizen!

Jokarlist 妓者
    n. a person whose job is to collect and write false stories for newspapers, magazines, radio or television and make them not as much as jokes.
    ie. Every jokarlist make such statement when they start their professional life, "I swear that in my professional life, I will write only for those who give me tips and make sure nobody would be pissed off by my reports."

Vegeteal 偷菜
    v. the most popular on-line game in China which everyone with IQ above 30 can play.
    ie. Netizens in Xinjiang have paid cash for friends out of the province to continue play vegeteal for over half a year, and the market demand even created related jobs.

Chinsumer 中国消费者
    n. Chinese people whose spending can save China, America, EU and Taiwan from financial crisis at same time
    ie. Why do we need to export any value to be a superpower? As long as we can export Chinsumers, nobody would look down upon us.

Sexretary 秘书
    n. Assistant who helps her boss whenever and whatever he needs.
    ie. Bill Clinton, as any successful animale, has a wonderful wife and a dozen sexretaries.

Canclensor 审查
    v. A protective action made by Big brother who always takes care of you with your own money, for example, they help delete inappropriate on-line content before you can get access.
    ie. "What is yakshit what is yakshit, ah
    The canclensor is yakshit."
    “什么亚克蜥?啊 什么亚克蜥?内容审查亚克蜥!”

Carass 轻拂菊花
    v. the super treatment usually only available to high-rank officials in China
    ie. Mr. Xilai Bo, the party boss of Chongqing city, was carassed because of his "Cracking-Organized-Crime" Campaign through a special song created and dedicated to him —— The Song of Xilai

Emotionormal 情绪稳定
    adj. being calm and reasonable, usually with the smilence expression
    ie. After Yangjia's execution, his mother was reported emotionormal from the mental-illness hospital, according to state-owned media.

Harmany 河蟹
    adj. the stable situation where everybody is emotionormal and there is no sign of unrest at all
    ie. We have been in a harmany society for too long to remember what is harmony.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    这个能叫chinglish 么?
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    这些词儿 太深 哈哈 但是满现实, 运用的很到位!
  • Patrick Coleman
    democrazy - i like that!
  • Jamie Wen
    Jamie Wen wrote:
    never heard
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    这种好贴希望呈现更多!!! 支持。。。嘎嘎 学习学习!
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I hear these words all the time:

Harmonious and Co-operation
  • SaSa♣Yi
    SaSa♣Yi wrote:
  • Shukri Olad
    Shukri Olad wrote:
    为了freedamn,shitizen 在innernet上 smilenced飘过
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Why in god's name do people play QQ happy farm, or whatever it's called? I've heard of people losing their jobs and stuff over a game that looks like it's from the year 1999?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Jon, think of it as "on-job vocational training" ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    lol, like China really needs more farmers...
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    of course need
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Jon, many centuries ago, our ancestors were once farmers in China ... and please dont mind me saying so, your grand of grand etc etc were perhaps farmers "imported" to USA ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Duly noted, however wasn't your joke above in reference to people getting fired from white collar jobs for playing an online farm game and having no where to go except to become real actual farmers? Or did I misread...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... yes, this and that ... ...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:

Position: Sexretary (秘书)
    Description: Assistant who helps her boss whenever and whatever he needs
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    lol pete
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    a black man, a black man(黑人,黑人)。

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.