Discussion » Nonsense » Ignorance Among Chinese People Must Stop

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    A Country is rather referred to as a Motherland not a home town...

    Education is a very powerful tool to help us understand these things...it is just a very simple thing...Common Sense Please...

    Once again A country is Not a Hometown
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahahaha ... I had trouble talking when I read this ... because I was laughing too hard ...

    However, my question is why is anyone apologising for this? And assuming that Nelle did say that, why is this brought into open forum?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I don't get it either.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Thorstan...a country is basically divided into parts refered to as towns and those are home to the individual people who were born there...so they are hometowns of those individual people...but all these people are in one single entity called a country..which Mothers all of them..so we refer the country to a Motherland for all the people that belongs to that specific country
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    So how exactly does that make Chinese people ignorant? It's just a vocabulary issue isn't it?
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    okay i understand shushu and pete and Co might have something against posts from someone with the surname Abisai but this is basically just to tell others that kept referring countries to hometowns, Nelle felt guilty but the idea for this post wast not only directed to her...i came out to the forum cos it kept repeatedly coming from different people who of course all turned out to be Chinese..I labelled it Ignorance...but i just wanted to state it clearly to a number of people who probably didnt have an idea about it....

    but yeah u guys keep up the Hatred, I am used to it now
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... great insight ... I think?

    So, I guess that's why we can also have something like "home state", "home province", "home city" ... how about "home district", "home street", or even "home apartment"?

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Jon Gu thats just one thing that some Chinese people are ignorant about...on top of others like, when u came from Africa did u come with a train? or what is the currency of Africa? and the fact that some see Africa as a single Country... I was just focusing on this specific one
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    It makes sense... I'm going to add something as well. lot of people think that Africa is a country for God Sake Africa is not a country but a continent where each country has its own culture and tradition
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

    Hahahaha ... and most people thinks kangaroos jump around across Australia ... no, that's not true, kangaroos are now in the system and they are entitled to unemployment and pension ...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    we are not talking about kangaroos
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    lol, I thought you guys just run them over with your SUV's and cook em on the BBQ
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Yeah, now that's kind of ignorant. Like guys who love Asian girls but think that Japanese, Korean and Viet girls are all still just Chinese
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Oh, I forgot to mention that they can have their own lawyers too ... so running over them is a bad thing, because it will hike up my insurance premium ...

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    No Jon, of all 4, I think the traditional Viet dress is sexy ... the Chinese ones (too many tribes and dynasties, so I used "ones") and Japanese kinomo came a close 2nd and 3rd ... the Korean is the dullest of them all ...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    yes i know that kind of ignorance as well thats why i mentioned education to be a very useful tool
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... not that I dont agree with using "education" as a way to conquer ignorance, but may I ask, why is education about Africa to be so important when there are million other things that the people in China, esp the next generation should be learning at school?
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    "Ignorance Among Chinese People Must Stop"
    @Fillipus
    damn, that's exactly what I've been talking about for a long time....
    but, but, but we've got a long long way to go~~~
    crossed fingers..
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Oi!!! what u are saying is not wrong but i am also not referring to Education in China as Education about Africa, so u cant mix it up like this..
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    日。
    "let's cross our fingers" was what I meant to say.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    I hope so Candy
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    叮噹叔叔: Education does not only mean going to school buddy, education means what u see on ur daily life, education means what u see on the TV, education means what u learning at school. Those should be completed by using ur own mind and see what is reasonable what is positive and negative. How come still some people think that African people live in the forest even some local people think that people from Inner Mongolia need to ride a horse to go to school. Come on man what Abisai said is true " education is a useful tool". Tru this kinda forum we could educate a lotta people and learn a lot as well cuz nobody is perfect.

    Kindly G
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    G, The Guys got the point they probably dont want to show it....and I hope someone out there have seen this and have learned something from a few things we shared
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    “中国是我的祖国”,“中国是我的故乡”,both make sense in Chinese, and the direct translation of “故乡”is "hometown". Hey Abisai, I think we have many ideas in common, including the "idea" you want to say in this thread. However, could you please express your idea in a clear and concise way first? Or, to be frank, it makes you a ignorant guy as people may say that you negatively label a big group of people without any make-sense argument.

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    i guess directing it to a bigger group would draw enough attention. what is not making sense here?
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @dafan
    but the Ignorance problem we'r talking about here is referring to a big group of ppl...
    to be honest "中国是我的故乡"does have a lot of complicated emotions in it...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    A clear exposition on the connection of "not distinguishing the use of hometown and motherland" and the label of "ignorance", and more~

  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    @Q~ the question is "so what?" What I am questioning now is not the conclusion actually, I may and may not agree on it; what I am questioning now is how you draw certain conclusion~

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    when certain behaviours kept repeating almost everytime, from old friend new friends over a period of not less than 3 years according to my personal experience...what do u expect? will u be happy if u are in a black community and everyone kept referring to china as a hometown when it is a country?
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    Ignorance is a big problem in this country.
    holding too much feelings for or against a country as a person's hometown because of where he or she comes from falls in that big category...
    it's kinda stereotype that I'm referring to.
    But that's ignorant too. so...u see where I'm coming from...
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    Abisai, backing your opinion in a neutual indicative way without any undeclaired assumptions or conclusions, but not just asking back~ Q~you got undeclaired assumption too, say it out first:)

  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    Abisai, backing your opinion in a neutual indicative way without any undeclaired assumptions or conclusions, but not just asking back~ Q~you got undeclaired assumption too, say it out first:)

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    @Thorstan Fries

    1) Many Chinese people have little understanding of Africa politically, economically, socially and geographically, which causes them to make strange assumptions or hold unfair stereotypes about Africa and its people.

    (but then does it have to go on like this? we got Television talking about different things all over the world), if some people are not using these resources to aquire some knowledge can it not be refered to as ignorance? this is a fast developing country and in my personal terms i can look at it as already developed and i know there is quite a large number of curious people here...so i dont expect them not to have enough info. and if they really dont have access to the info people like u are there to correct mistakes on the forums....and give more advices on how to increase the number of TV programmes that will be talking more about different countries all over the world like Greenland, Micronesia, cape Verde and so on...

  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    Thank you, Mr. Abisai for providing me your logic, then helping me draw my conclusion that the whole world except those extremely poor countries is full of ignorant people. What a pity~

  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    btw, both Greenland and Micronesia are not typical "country"~

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    thanks for the correction, I didnt know that....dont really take the literal meaning...
  • Stella
    Stella wrote:
    i'm not looking for trouble, just want to say what i thought.

    i think it's just like looking for a job,the things you need to do is : if i'm good,show them what i got.
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Thanks for your honesty Candy Q. So for those people who are pretending not to understand what Abisai is saying here or try to make more complex and/ or complicated what he is trying to say here, please stop because we are all responsible. This thread is not an offense is just to encourage more ppl to learn more and be open minded and updated about what's going on in this world. If someone says something true please be honest an admit it.

    Thorstan Fries: Honestly speaking I usually see ur overview on several Threads and most of the time u really attract my attention on certain point u develop with relevance. But today dude, seems like u didn't drink ur cup of coffee. Well I'm not trying to defend Abisai I have no reason to do it, but what he posted is really easy to understand it's not a matter of language, Chinese ppl have what we call "common sense" which does not involve a problem of language or something like that. Thorstan what do u understand by ignorant??? is that a bad word? I'm gonna ask you to refer to that wise philosopher called Socrate saying" As for me, all I know is that I know nothing" So being ignorant is not a crime if you take good use of it by trying to learn more in order to enhance your knowledge.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    so do you agree on my conclusion? Mr G

  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    "my conclusion that the whole world except those extremely poor countries is full of ignorant people. What a pity"

    Da Fan: haha that's not the point buddy, it's not a problem of "agree or not agree". Wherever you go there are ignorant ppl, I'm also part of them and need to learn more as i use to do. Whatever the discussion posted i always take my time to google it and try to get the much info possible about it for my own benefit. We've got the chance to know what ppl out there don't know so let's make good use of it and make them understand it's very easy, we don't need to argue on a simple topic.


    PS: Sorry for late reply thu got something else to do just now. Time to go back home now.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

    OK, now I agree, haha

  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Thorstan Fries I'll come back to you later.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Thorstan Fries
    I DISAGREE with Abisai's sentiment that people who don't speak fluent English are ignorant.

    OOOPZ!! i guess i have posted something else that made u guys see it differently...
    It wasnt even a matter of being constructive..U should read what I said again
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Yes Sir Mr Lyrical..Chill We are not Rapping now...
  • Ingvild Thoresen
    howzit meneer abisai

    wiet die mense watte nasie namibia is?

    ek is jammer my bru, my afrikaans is nie soe goed nie hehe
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    ek is alright my broer. ek is a Wambo van Oshakati, u know where that is? mooi om jou te ontmoet Joe
  • Ingvild Thoresen
    yup i know, ek is van kaapstad, have a few namibian buddies but lost touch with them

  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    i been in cape town sometimes too
  • Ingvild Thoresen
    cool, if im in beijing ill give u a buzz, theres another guy i met on here from namibia, vincent, u know him?
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    yepp....i know him very well...
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Thorstan Fries: did he say "people who don't speak fluent English are ignorant" r u sure???
  • Espen Kringstad
    Talk the talk, and stop rapping!!
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    U guys seem to wonder whether Mr Lyrical is rapping the Rap or raping the Rap...Yes?
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    ¨Education is a very powerful tool to help us understand these things¨......
    mmm....Also the education is very useful to learn how to be polite
  • wrote:
    (潇然) Adolfo Secades wrote: Posted 1 minutes ago ¨Education is a very powerful tool to help us understand these things¨......
    mmm....Also the education is very useful to learn how to be polite
    =======================
    haha, good point.
    Ignorance in China is much better than the ignorance in Africa.
    Mr. Abisai always wants to show some superiority over Chinese people.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    OI!!!
  • wrote:
    haha, Dear thorstan, I did the same thing with Abisai, it is true.
    Because I do not want to waste time to talk a lot to clarify or discuss with Mr. Abisai.
  • Roki
    Roki wrote:
    haha .. i like to your rapping .. so we IGNORE NO .. and say YES ..haha
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Thanks Thorstan... i think Sun need to be updated.
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    needs*
  • wrote:
    Ok, I will update myself with lunch, thanks. haha
  • C.Chaud
    C.Chaud wrote:
    M. SUN: The allegations you doing are very dangerous.
    You have lighten up what Adolfo Secades wrote, so where is your politeness?
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    @ Sun

    Ignorance in China is much better than ignorance in Africa? I think u show how ignorant U are from that very perspective.
    Africans are educated by society on the basics of social and human interactions before the school takes the relay for those who attend it.
    Even illiterate sometimes, people know that black , white, yellow are natural human color that have nothing to do with the Sun, the Heat even if some scientist theory may resort to evolution to trace back where the differences stem from.
    In Africa, people there will never follow u along the ways, grinning with awkwardly held curiosity asking to know whether you walked, took the train or bus to go there. They will not start talking on you while not knowing whether u may decipher what they say or not. Adult people there would never point a finger onto a foreign to entertain the child, they will not suspiciously mumbled between themselves about u or eave-dropping on something about u ..
    They will neither take all Asian as belonging to one country cuz at least they know japan is different from China and Indian don't speak Korean...
    School is of course what completes a person's education in that it opens up onto a much broader view angle about the world, gives him means to better communicate, live more modern (via media, internet, languages etc like we are doing here now ..)
    However, in well organized societies people did not need " standard schooling to learn how to deal with a stranger"
    In China during the Ming or further Tang Dynasty, people used to travel, had already good skills at mapping and would travel to meet and receive strangers with very rudimentary means of transportation... and we are in the 21st century and majority of populace still don't know why they are different from other in terms of color and would resort to the most stupid interpretations ....
    We have a great people here in China but let's be straight about this , African know more and better about the world than Chinese when it comes to grassroots population... Let's just stick to the facts, no emotion attached !

  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Sun I warned youuuu... Here we go again 哎呀。。。
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... D Rasta, what you had described is called impolite or disrespectful, nothing much to do with ignorance, but definitely a lot to do with faimily education, i.e. the responsibility of the parents, or what you called "non standard schooling", but for some reasons, most parents in China expect the school to teach the kids better manners etc ...
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    Nah, what I described is IGNORANCE! they are not impolite or disrespectful, they lack the basic knowledge and manners on how to deal with people and about people; and this is called IGNORANCE.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... I see what you mean then ... in that case, I have to agree ...
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    叮噹叔叔:
    1) Lack of education implies ignorance,
    2) disrespect or impoliteness usually derives from ignorance

  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... agreed with (1) ... as for (2), it could also be that they have too much money as well (or they think they have too much money), and they believe they have the right to be disrespectful or impolite ...
  • wrote:
    C.Chaud wrote: Posted 1 hours ago M. SUN: The allegations you doing are very dangerous.
    You have lighten up what Adolfo Secades wrote, so where is your politeness?
    ==============================
    I do not need to be polite to those who are not polite at first.
    That is an simple reason, I do not respect those who do not respect my country my culture, that is my logic, I do not need you to agree with me.
  • C.Chaud
    C.Chaud wrote:
    who are those?
    who are not polite first?
    who do not respect your country Sun?
    who told you I want you to agree with me?
  • wrote:
    D. Rasta,

    What you said totally have nothing to do with deeper polite and humanity.

    "In Africa, people there will never follow u along the ways, grinning with awkwardly held curiosity asking to know whether you walked, took the train or bus to go there. They will not start talking on you while not knowing whether u may decipher what they say or not. Adult people there would never point a finger onto a foreign to entertain the child, they will not suspiciously mumbled between themselves about u or eave-dropping on something about u .. They will neither take all Asian as belonging to one country cuz at least they know japan is different from China and Indian don't speak Korean..."

    Yes, what you said is some impolite thing foe some common Chinese people.
    But you forget the facts in your mind of hatred and other thing. Why not you talk about the recent religions fights in Nigeria? The genocide in other parts in Africa? And even some travel experience in Africa written by foreigner? I do not want to say more facts happened in that continent. I believe the spirit to pursue equality by Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela should be respected by all human being. Some stupid behaviors of common people happened in either China or in Africa should not be used as your reasons to attack other peoples and Countries.

    "We have a great people here in China but let's be straight about this , African know more and better about the world than Chinese when it comes to grassroots population... Let's just stick to the facts, no emotion attached !"
    If you say some African know more about the world than some Chinese grassroots population, I agree with you, even you can say some African know more about the world than most grassroots population in the world. If you said "no emotion attached", why do you wrote so many emotional words to me? Perhaps I will belong to those "great people here in China".

    I have to suggest some words from Buddhist to you:
    Arrogance, prejudice and jealousy are the reasons that why you are ignorant.

  • wrote:
    D. Rasta wrote: Posted 49 minutes ago Nah, what I described is IGNORANCE! they are not impolite or disrespectful, they lack the basic knowledge and manners on how to deal with people and about people; and this is called IGNORANCE.
    ======================
    I agree with you on this point that most common people do not know how to deal with foreign peoples. That's why I said it should give this country and people more time to get used ti this diversified world.
  • wrote:
    C.Chaud wrote: Posted 7 minutes ago who are those?
    who are not polite first?
    who do not respect your country Sun?
    who told you I want you to agree with me?
    ===========================
    OK, you can talk what you thought to my brother Mr. Abisai.
    I have no interests to discuss these monotonous topics with you.

    你吃饭了吗?
    Have you got eaten?

    我吃了。
    Of course, I just finished my lunch.
  • wrote:
    Thorstan Fries wrote: Posted 13 minutes ago @Sun: "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."
    ==================
    Dear Thorstan, sometime, you have to show a clear position or attitude to some one.
    But it has nothing to do with blind.
  • wrote:
    Poet G wrote: Posted 1 hours ago Sun I warned youuuu... Here we go again 哎呀。。。
    ===================
    Are you polite according to your words to me?

    An old Chinese saying:正人先正己 should be recognized by you all.

    Yes, "Here you go again 哎呀。。。"

    But fine, at least, we know different views from different peoples.
  • wrote:
    D. Rasta

    "However, in well organized societies people did not need " standard schooling to learn how to deal with a stranger""

    No matter how the schooling is standard, to deal with foreigner is still not a common thing for Chinese people in the past decades of years. One is the language barrier for most people, second you should know the politics of China in Cold war and the post-cold War. You can expect the change in the next 30-50 years, but do not expect you can experience a abrupt change now and in the next 10 years.
    In some sense, you are still belong to those pioneer who march into China. You can look at the African history that have the same experience.

    "In China during the Ming or further Tang Dynasty, people used to travel, had already good skills at mapping and would travel to meet and receive strangers with very rudimentary means of transportation... and we are in the 21st century and majority of populace still don't know why they are different from other in terms of color and would resort to the most stupid interpretations ...."

    haha, do not talk about the history, which belongs to the past golden age of China. Modern China is still a backward country no matter how tall the building will be. OK, give 30-50 years, you can expect the change. One example, some minorities or foreigners can write very good pots in Chinese, so how about you, my dear friend? At that time, Japanese government send thousands students to learn everything from China, how about today? We learn everything from the world. Totally different times.
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    SUN: is there something impolite in : I warned youuuu... Here we go again 哎呀
    Don't get my wrong buddy if you don't know what i mean ask me first.
  • wrote:
    Poet G wrote: Posted 2 minutes ago SUN: is there something impolite in : I warned youuuu... Here we go again 哎呀
    Don't get my wrong buddy if you don't know what i mean ask me first.
    =====================
    If you wrote in Chinese, I will not get wrong to know what you said.
    But I just want you know, I do not like your tone of your speech, which filled with kind of ignorant arrogance.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Sun Take it easy....
  • C.Chaud
    C.Chaud wrote:
    Sun wrote: I have no interests to discuss these monotonous topics with you.

    I'll make you discuss with me about what you call " these monotonous topics"
    Boy! what do u mean by monotonous topics? and we'll go further in it...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Posting in a troll thread.
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    SUN 你这样说我也能接受, 我用英语是因为 在这个网上 用户外国人 比较多呢
    你想用你的母语跟我谈 也行 !
  • wrote:
    My dear friends,

    By the way.

    There are many threads like this one in this forum.
    I have to give you an old Chinese saying: 既来之则安之

    It is more important for you to live a happy life in China than to think negatively.
    If your life in this country is not as good as you thought and so on, you'd better choose a better place. Or, you can choose to be brave to do something to do good to the development of this country just as many foreigner have done. Complains or other negative actions can not help you a lot.

    We can have a productive discussion but not those attacks without rhyme or reason.
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Sun you really interesting haha... Are you omnipotent? So From where you are you can guess the tone I'm using to talk to you...bro you are amazing...
    I warned youuuu...here we go again. means what u wrote" "Ignorance in China is much better than the ignorance in Africa." will bring the topic to another level of discussion nothing else Sun don't get me wrong man
    with much respect...

  • wrote:
    D. Rasta,

    You can expect to meet many kinds people in this world, but one fact about human being is that they like to find some differences between peoples and show some superiority over others, the reason is just what I said: Arrogance, prejudice and jealousy are the reasons that why they are ignorant. But as for me, I think peoples are more alike than the difference they have, that's why we can talked about our views.

    But you can expect changes from China when this country has the capacity to lead this world, but at present, you and other friends have to accept an imperfect China, bur a real China.

    One day, I saw a video from the Netherlands Radio Network talking about a student about her study experience in China, the journalist purposely asked for her about the discrimination and her color (she came from Zimbabwe), but she talked that she is fine in this country and she want more Chinese to go to her country to help people here to build her country. I understand her well, she is a great girl and has a higher position than most of you here.

    I wish most ignorant Chinese people will become more enlightened and can judge people by their hearts and characteristics just as Martin Luther King said in his famous speech - I have a dream.
  • wrote:
    Fillipus Abisai wrote: Posted 19 minutes ago Sun Take it easy....
    =====================
    Dear Abisai, I am easy enough so that I left the message to you.
    You can only expect a guy with many spare time to talk with you, otherwise, no one cares about you , you will feel upset. haha
  • wrote:
    Poet G,

    Yes, I did not really understand what you mean, sorry for my limited English level that's why o failed the GMAT, otherwise I will try to find some school in U.S.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    if i was upset i would have had enought time to write bibles on the forum to express my upsetness..otherwise i have expressed my concern in a few words and i will be glad to see changes in those that are willing to adjust. cos they are not too proud like some stubborn people
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    @SUN

    China leading the World, that's another topic to debate cuz I know similar assumptions already took place on this very forum before. As for your quote on Zimbabwe girl , I would simply join Pascal when he said
    " Il n'ya rien qui en changeant de forme de change de valeur , plaisante justice qu'une riviere borne, Verite en deca des Pyrenees, erreur au dela "

    What makes that Zimbabwe girl say what she said will be different from someone else with a different experience or mind frame. Her position maybe also be lower or higher than anyone else among us depending on what the mind stores and how well this can be used
  • wrote:
    I have to say I can not understand French.
    I met some African students and worked with someone, I have to say most of them are language master who can speak several different languages and have the ability to be a rap singer.

    The example I gave to you is to show her mindset is much opener and enlightened than most common Chinese people and some of you.

    Most threads in WLIB took place for many times, people like to eat familiar food.
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    humility do not exclude showing one's worth, just now u requested if I could talk to U in Chinese , which I did.
    I talked to you in French and now back to English, which shows I have a bigger chance of understanding what's around the world than u do .
    And this automatically is the microcosm of this topic and in the same line cures you.
    Keep ya nationalism away from Forum , here is give and take and mind not to give shit TALK to people , give thoughts, well thought thoughts
    For the time u are at an incremental level of contradictory debate apprenticeship...SO CURVE YOUR QUEUE, SIT UP AND WATCH BUDDY !
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    I WILL BE BACK ..
  • wrote:
    "I talked to you in French and now back to English, which shows I have a bigger chance of understanding what's around the world than u do ."

    haha, interesting.
    Frankly speaking, I think the world is U.S. and other parts, I prefer to learn more about U.S. than other parts. Whether you can speak several languages will show your worth?

    "You can expect to meet many kinds people in this world, but one fact about human being is that they like to find some differences between peoples and show some superiority over others, the reason is just what I said: Arrogance, prejudice and jealousy are the reasons that why they are ignorant."

    From this perspective, can I say that you are ignorant and arrogant?

    "Keep ya nationalism away from Forum"

    I do not understand why you defend Africa or your country to show that you know more than the grass-rooted Chinese people? Can you explain what it is? African-ism? or your nationalism?
    Before you talk to other, you'd better stop using double standard.

    I have to say it is not a big deal to speak several languages, I do not need to, because China is not a colony for western countries, therefore, I do not have such opportunities to have to speak so many languages. So how do you think about my reply now?
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    I DO NOT WANT TO OFFEND MY CHINESE FELLOW BY RESORTING TO HISTORY, SO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?
  • wrote:
    D. Rasta wrote: Posted 9 minutes ago I WILL BE BACK ..
    ==================
    You do not need to be back.
    Some of you like to talk about ignorant, but you are ignorant too.
    Some of you like to talk about facts in other countries, but the facts are not much better in your country.
    Some of you like to talk about equality, but you like to set yourselves above others.
    Some of you like to talk about no-nationalism, but you are the most nationalist.
    Some of you like to talk about the diversification, but you are the most to resist other's culture and value.

    So how can you convince others that you are not ignorant?

    "For the time u are at an incremental level of contradictory debate apprenticeship."

    So, why are you here? It is not because this country is becoming worse, but because it is getting much and much better. From the beginning time, you are not ready to start an equal conversation with others. Most people in this country do not need to know much about the outside world, because they are working hard to build their family and their country, that is the most right thing for them.
  • wrote:
    D. Rasta wrote: Posted 13 minutes ago I DO NOT WANT TO OFFEND MY CHINESE FELLOW BY RESORTING TO HISTORY, SO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?
    =======================
    That's the same reason I did not talk about too much about the history and current situation in Africa, you also should know. It seems that you are more emotional than me. Take it easy, it is a discussion.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    ----
    Most people in this country do not need to know much about the outside world
    ----

    Ouch.... it hurts to read that
  • wrote:
    赛博 - Saibo wrote: Posted 36 minutes ago ----
    Most people in this country do not need to know much about the outside world
    ----

    Ouch.... it hurts to read that
    =================
    It does not hurt you depending on how you understand this sentence.
    I have to say, I wrote a lot, why don't you look from the beginning that the mistake i made to the end.

    If you talk about hurt, I believe most people in your country already hurt you deeply.
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    I love China! Spread a little love boys!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I think we are all ignorant for assuming that Yes Sir is rapping. It's not rap. We just assumed that because he's black. Maybe he's actually attempting to write Shakespearean poetry, or perhaps failing to write Haiku's.
  • wrote:
    I thought for a while.

    That is only a cultural difference or lifestyle difference.

    Just as I wrote:
    你吃饭了吗?
    Have you got eaten?

    我吃了。
    Of course, I just finished my lunch.

    but it will offend some people who have different greeting ways. British like to talk about whether, which I saw from books.

    So, I want to know what will different people to break the ice to other peoples. just like some "ignorant" Chinese people will ask Mr. Abisai and Mr. Rasta that "grinning with awkwardly held curiosity asking to know whether you walked, took the train or bus to go there. They will not start talking on you while not knowing whether u may decipher what they say or not. Adult people there would never point a finger onto a foreign to entertain the child, they will not suspiciously mumbled between themselves about u or eave-dropping on something about u ..", so they feel offensive and those are ignorant, haha

    I have to say interesting, because you are pioneers in China.
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    Stories of utter ignorance:

    I have been to different countries, but what i see and hear here pushes me back to  the 14th century.
    The problem is not just making bold statements, we need to tell the real stories

    Sun, below are stories i have  witnessed  here. I will be pleased to hear the stories u have from Africa too

    1. One day, i was in a shop. There was a little young innocent girl accompanying her mom.  The little girl asked a naive question to her mom。 She said in Chinese:" mom why this person is black"? The ignorant mom replied: In their country, the sun is very hot, so he is black.

    Mr Sun, this is your soup, wait the full meal is coming, just follow below

    2. At school, a university  student  asked me how do we go back? how do we come here? do we have airports?
    I replied:" i swam to china from my country. I told her that we did not have airport. if the plane reaches our countries, we just climbed to the trees and then get down". 
    Lesson: Ignorant questions should have ignorant responses, this makes the ignorant person asking ignorant questions realized his ignorance .
    3. A year ago, my friend and I, and his white wife from France took the subway, then two chinese  who hurriedly entered and rushed for the empty  seats next to our seats suddenly screamed and run way when they realized we were not chinese.
    This shows, that these two people were only thinking that in this world.And that there are only yellow people who take the subway. Come on, this is the 21st century! where is the net? where are the many tv chanels?

    Sun, this is ur turn to teach and educate instead of boasting with uneven development. We are not talking about money

    4. People stop and STARE AT U here. It makes me feel like a star now. Staring at people u do not know is rude in any country.  For kids, it is acceptable, but u will see teenagers, adults, and old people here stopping to have a taste of stare or even eager to take a picture. 
    Sun, u do not agree? take a foreigner to tianan men square, to beijing station, to the great wall, or just take the subway. I am sure u will enjoy it coz you will ultimately think u are a star by the mere fact of accompanying a foreigner.

    Sun , coil ur tale, and Wake up, watch tv, teach people, educate them , tell them about the other world!

    SUN, I AM SURE OTHER PEOPLE HERE WILL ADD OTHER STORIES, I STILL HAVE MORE STORIES TO TELL U, BUT UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE LESS TIME TO WRITE ALL.


    Sun, tell me where this happens now. We see people only staring at celebreties or a lecturer in such ways.

  • wrote:
    Mr. Blacky,

    I just wonder why you met so many ignorant people? Why don't you need to reflect yourselves?

    I expect others to add as many as possible good stories as this one -- you are black because the reason of the sun, I think it is a good story, not a bad one.

    You can do what I have said:
    "I have to give you an old Chinese saying: 既来之则安之

    It is more important for you to live a happy life in China than to think negatively.
    If your life in this country is not as good as you thought and so on, you'd better choose a better place. Or, you can choose to be brave to do something to do good to the development of this country just as many foreigner have done. Complains or other negative actions can not help you a lot."

    If you thought there are so many people do not know much about your people and country, why don't you do sth to change? You can ask your government or the African Union to cooperate with Chinese government to let people know more about your country and your continent. You also can contact the persons in the university to hold some expo to show your country and people to let those young guys to know your beloved country and continent, by the way, I am a small potato, I can not change the situation in China now. But your action will add more to the communication between different peoples.

    There are France Year, Russian Year and other Country Festival in China, we can expect an African Year in China based on the more close relationship between China and Africa.

    By the way, can you type using the common words, otherwise, it will hurt my eyes, my eyes had some problems in these days.
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    COOL SUN, I DO LOVE UR REPLY COZ YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A SCHOLAR AND U ARE GIVING SOLUTION TO AN EXISTING PROBLEM WHICH YOU SEEMINGLY DO ACCEPT NOW.
    I AM WAITING FOR MORE SOLUTIONS  BESIDES YOURS.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    @sun, what's with you talking about my country and how people might have hurt me there? Where does that come from huh? Just because I caught one of your sentences where you exactly say "let the people of this country be ignorants, that's best for them" you need to turn your anger against all the people of my country?

    Why don't you relax a little bit. Calm down man. You're getting nervous and it appears everywhere in what you write here. And it is getting confusing.
  • wrote:
    赛博 - Saibo,

    Interesting enough, why do you catch the sentence I said?

    "you exactly say "let the people of this country be ignorants, that's best for them"
    Can you stop distortion of other people's view? If you good at it, then you can continue.

    Strange enough, let's talk about your country for your ignorant about the Muslim and other immigrants, can you let me know your view about them?

    Why do you talk so personally? If you have your view, you can let us know what is your view. What's the status of those black people in your country? Or how can you improve the situation in China.

    I just talk about my view and I do not need your consent. I do not need to flatter you, OK?
    If you want to talk your view just let us know, OK?
    It is useless to be so tactical in your words.

    I am calm enough. I just wonder why so many people expect so high to visit this country. In fact, even most Chinese people have a realistic view about their country.
  • Ingvild Thoresen
    to the hip hop, a hibby to the hibby you dont stop a rocking to the bang bang boogie jump upstart the boogie to the rhythm of the boogety beat
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    SUN BABY, We are not hating China, We are telling how things are experienced here, and of course there are good side that if mentioned would make u smile the other ways around. But in such a topic, U cannot be against everybody's witnessed stories in China. We are not talking from abroad, We are living it here live ...
    THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO WORK IT OUT FOR THE POPULACE TO LEVEL UP WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS AT THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL .

    RELAX BUDDY!!! WE NOT AGAINST CHINA , IT'S JUST ABOUT SEEKING TRUTH WELL TOLD .
  • wrote:
    Dear Rasta,

    I do not think you hate China, I just wonder why you are so "ignorant" about this country. A realistic view is needed for you to visit a foreign country. I am not against those stories, because that is common in China. Even we ourselves talked about some facts happened in China, we will feel a little unimaginable. I think one reason is this country changed so fast, but in some areas it lacked behind. Perhaps, I talked too seriously, some of you thought I am feel nerve and so on, but feel free to let me know your thoughts.

    "THIS COUNTRY NEEDS TO WORK IT OUT FOR THE POPULACE TO LEVEL UP WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD IN INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS IN THE INDIVIDUAL LEVEL ."
    I said you can expect the change in the next 30-40 years, haha, do not feel it is too late.
    So, you can do something let others to feel the Africa and your country. For the historical reasons, there were not many intercourse between China and Africa, but I think we share more than we share with western countries.

    I have talked my view to you, most of you are elites from your country, I believe you can understand me very well.
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    OKAY buddy ,
    Now let's invite Mr LYRICAL to give it a shoT , we need entertainment now !
  • wrote:
    I am wondering whether it is you who send sexual message to that girl? haha

    Yes, Our Mr. lyrical can make a song for us.
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    YEs SIR, Mr lyrical on stage please! the furious lion is tamed. We need celebration
    Now the question is: how can we eradicate this phenomenon?
    Our pal Mr Sun has already put forward some solutions.
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    YES SIR, WE STILL NEED MORE, RIGHT MY SUN?
  • Espen Kringstad
    I suggest more foreign exposure by not only showing local tv chanels but foreign chanels as well

    Meanwhile, Yes Sir is a cute and handsome boy
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    var Emote={_initialized:false,_imageBase:null,_emoteMap:null,_emoteOrderMap:null,_imageURLs:null,_regex:null,_mapOverlay:null,initImageURL:function(a){Emote._imageURL=a;},initExtraEmoticons:function(a){Emote._mapOverlay=a;},_init:function(){var f=env_get(’static_base’);Emote._imageBase=f+’images/emote/’;Emote._blankImgSrc=f+’images/blank.gif’;var a=['smile','frown','tongue','grin','gasp','wink','glasses','sunglasses','grumpy','unsure','cry','devil','angel','kiss','heart','kiki','squint','confused','upset','pacman','colonthree'];Emote._emoteMap={‘:-)’:['\\:\\-\\)','smile'],’:)’:['\\:\\)','smile'],’:]’:['\\:\\]‘,’smile’],’=)’:['=\\)','smile'],’:-(‘:['\\:\\-\\(','frown'],’:(‘:['\\:\\(','frown'],’:[':['\\:\\[','frown'],’=(‘:['=\\(','frown'],’:-P’:['\\:\\-P','tongue'],’:P’:['\\:P','tongue'],’:-p’:['\\:\\-p','tongue'],’:p’:['\\:p','tongue'],’=P’:['=P','tongue'],’:-D’:['\\:\\-D','grin'],’:D’:['\\:D','grin'],’=D’:['=D','grin'],’:-O’:['\\:\\-O','gasp'],’:O’:['\\:O','gasp'],’:-o’:['\\:\\-o','gasp'],’:o’:['\\:o','gasp'],’;-)’:['\\;\\-\\)','wink'],’;)’:['\\;\\)','wink'],’8-)’:['8\\-\\)','glasses'],’8)’:['8\\)','glasses'],’B-)’:['B\\-\\)','glasses'],’B)’:['B\\)','glasses'],’8-|’:['8\\-\\|','sunglasses'],’8|’:['8\\|','sunglasses'],’B-|’:['B\\-\\|','sunglasses'],’B|’:['B\\|','sunglasses'],’>:(‘:['>\\:\\(','grumpy'],’>:-(‘:['>\\:\\-\\(','grumpy'],’:/’:['\\:/','unsure'],’:-/’:['\\:\\-/','unsure'],’:\\’:['\\:\\\\','unsure'],’:-\\’:['\\:\\-\\\\','unsure'],”:’(“:["\\:'\\(",'cry'],’3:)’:['3\\:\\)','devil'],’3:-)’:['3\\:\\-\\)','devil'],’O:)’:['O\\:\\)','angel'],’O:-)’:['O\\:\\-\\)','angel'],’:-*’:['\\:\\-\\*','kiss'],’:*’:['\\:\\*','kiss'],’<3':['<3','heart'],'^_^':['\\^_\\^','kiki'],'-_-':['\\-_\\-','squint'],'o.O':['o\\.O','confused'],'O.o':['O\\.o','confused'],'>:O’:['>\\:O','upset'],’>:-O’:['>\\:\\-O','upset'],’>:o’:['>\\:o','upset'],’>:-o’:['>\\:\\-o','upset'],’:v’:['\\:v','pacman'],’:|]’:['\\:\\|\\]‘,’robot’],’:3′:['\\:3','colonthree'],’<(")':['<\\(\\"\\)','penguin'],':putnam:':['\\:putnam\\:','putnam'],'(^^^)':['\\(\\^\\^\\^\\)','shark'],':42:':['\\:42\\:','42']};if(Emote._mapOverlay)copy_properties(Emote._emoteMap,Emote._mapOverlay);var d=[];for(var c in Emote._emoteMap)d.push(Emote._emoteMap[c][0]);var e='(?:^|\\s|\'|"|\\.)('+d.join('|')+')(?:\\s|\'|"|\\.|,|!|\\?|
    |$)’;Emote._regex=new RegExp(e);Emote._emoteOrderMap={};for(var b=0;b‘);h.push(b);h.push(‘‘);k=k.substring(c+b.length);}if(k)h.push(l(k));return h.join(”);}};
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    the topic is closed

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc