Discussion » Dating & Romance » Oversees Chinese - The most dangerous womanizers i

• HumphreY
    HumphreY wrote:
    Because...

- they look like normal chinese...No problem being seen with them in the public.
    - they have better understanding of/access to the local culture, at least to the girl's belief.
    - Most of them speak chinese, with funny accent - girls love that.
    - they are often highly educated or rich or both...
    - they are accepted by the girl's family. which consider them to be more trustworthy than typical laiwais...

That's why male oversees chinese are dangeous. Because in their mind, they are hardly mainland chinese.

What do you think?

True?

Bullshit?

Why?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    i'm not dangerous,LOL~
  • Saint - Spartacus
    so boring this topic
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    why u posted this topic?

is that ur own oppinion?

'cause u feel intimidated by chinese overseas male?
  • wrote:
    haha, you do not sleep?

Rain, because you come to China, you lost the opportunity to be dangerous.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    Hahahah . . .
    well . . . actually i dont care about that.
    about this topic , i dont think so , 'cause not every chinese overseas is the same as humprey think.
    nahh . . . 每个人不一样.

ehm,i can't sleep,i'm killing time by playing games now.
    u still awake too,eh?
    hahah~
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... that sounds like me ... but dangerous? I am so not dangerous that people laughed and walked away when I looked for fights ... maybe I am a Chinese cousin of Santa ...
  • 王经纬
    王经纬 wrote:
    答对
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Should have a contest to settle who are the most dangerous / efficient womanizers!
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    No need.
    'cause 每个人不一样
    每个人的眼光也不一样

so it's not about the most dangerous or efficient womanizers.
    its depends on what person u are
    and what people think about u
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Yeah yeah yeah everyone is different, but some trends / character traits are more present among certain types of people
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    well . . .
    just go with ur contest then . . .
    u're in?
    hahah~
  • Miriam Pedersen
    I consider it interesting that actually the same people normally stereotyping in this forum now holding the flag of individualism as high as the empire state ;)

Anyway, my posting was not meant to discriminate overseas chinese in general. My impression is that due to their casual appearence they are less likely stereotyped as womanizers. But I know many of them, who are (me inclusive). Local girls are less cautious dealing with overseas chinese, albeit they have usually a very westernized (that's the buzz word again) mindset regarding how to approach and treat women.

And for heaven's sake, I'm NOT talking about the 60 year-old self-made HongKong millionaire type of overseas chinese, who come to china in search for a second wife.

The type of overseas chinese I'm talking about is close 30, smart, good-mannered, born or grown-up in western countries, graduate of the ivy league, made their first career steps in one of the fortune 500 companies and now working in China as expat or returned turtle. --> compare to a Laowai of the same quality....which one would a local girl choose to approach with less concern? Which one local girls would consider as better marriage material? Think about it.

And yes, some of those overseas chinese I'm talking about are the most dangerous (alpha) wolves in sheep's clothing ;)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... then the Chinese cousin of Santa is definitely not in this group ... way past 40, not smart, terrible manner, though I did grow up in western countries, not from any ivy league or rose bushes, never worked for the top 50000 firms, not considered an expat nor turtle ... I am safe ... thanks god ...
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    well . . . i'm not racist,lol~

uh? why would worry about this kind of problem?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    HumphreY... I repeat my sentiment. Yes.

Hahah, but then again, it's more about the woman than the man. Some women love Westerners and want a quick lay with one, or are just really curious, so actually "white" laowai's will still tend to be more successful getting those girls. But to me, that's not called womanizing, it's just two people having a good consensual time.

The womanizer part comes into play when dealing with the cautious, more traditional Chinese girl. The husband seekers. ABC/CBC/BCB/OzBC's whatever, have a far wider range of options when it comes to options here. A lot of girls have "western/white fever" but the majority would rather find a Chinese husband and stay in China. Like you said, Chinese guys are easier to bring home to mommy and daddy, so just the perception of that makes them more date-able.

The ability to speak Chinese, even if only a little bit is also quite an advantage. Like you said, girls find it cute and endearing when you stumble over words like a 6 year old because you just don't have the vocabulary. Secondly, you can go to groups with their friends and still participate in the conversation and they don't feel bad because they are leaving you out. 3rd, and perhaps most dangerous, it limits conversation topics a bit if your Chinese sucks and her English sucks... but you still can speak enough through words/actions to build attraction and by avoiding many deeper topics, she'll just create her own assumptions about you (that in no way reflect reality) and will see you in a more positive light because of this.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Oops... "far wider range of options when it comes to options" should read "far wider range of options when it comes to women."

Calling the Department of Redundancy Department on line one.....
  • Albulena Imeri
    Some girls like "dangerous".guys, such as me and Bond.
  • wrote:
    "The type of overseas chinese I'm talking about is close 30, smart, good-mannered, born or grown-up in western countries, graduate of the ivy league, made their first career steps in one of the fortune 500 companies and now working in China as expat or returned turtle. "

目前来看,他们很难在中国找到职位,除非已经有很好的经验,500强的薪水要是Global pay还好,不然在北京上海生活还是没意思。不过我感觉有时候他们遇到的文化文化比真的老外还要多,叮当这样的好点,他可以认知这个国家,对那种从小的ABC我倒觉得没啥优势,我是老板,我不会找他给我干活,呵呵
    个人看法。
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

呵呵...又换到中文台了?...老孙同学,你真的不怎么睡觉的啊?

老实说,很多ABC都会有一个弊端(或弱点)...因为在外国出生,长大,如果父母没有教的话,我们也可以肯定学校那边也不会学习得到什么了,所以有很多"中国"的东西,他们都没有机会学习或学得好...简单的如中文字,如果学校里面没有教,周末又没有去上中文课,他们大多都只懂得写自己的名字...有很多甚至不愿意说中文(不管是普通话,或父母老家的方言),能够听得懂也已经很好了...加上他们已经被外国同化了,说话的态度,看事的方法或角度,如果父母没有辅导,他们都只会从当地外国人的眼光来做事...从这几方面来说,我不会称呼他们为Overseas Chinese ...

Let's change back to the English channel for the convenience of most people...

What I was saying was:

Most ABC (or let's change to FBC, Foreign Born Chinese, not counting Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, or even Singapore) do have a common weakness ... though being born Chinese blood, they are often not given much education about their heritage, such as writing and speaking, unless their parents enforce it and/or going to Saturday school, but most of them would resent doing so anyway ... in the worst case, they might only know how to write their names, and understand a bit of what their parents are saying, and that's about it ...

In addition, again, unless their parents enforce it, they would usually be brought up with the values of the local in each particular foreign country, and hence they might not seem so "local" when they come to China ...

Hence, per Humphrey's definition ... I would not label them "Overseas Chinese" ...
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    I don't think many ABCs can pull the "womanizer" title off...at least not the ones I've met.
    "they have better understanding of/access to the local culture, at least to the girl's belief."---that's just bullshit. it has nothing to do with what the guy looks like. 大山understands the local culture better than most Chinese.
    Anyway...I don't label ppl according to their skin color or eye shape.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... quite agreed ... like I had said, most ABC dont have much background about their heritage, and then things like culture and history go hand in hand with that ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Candy Q, you are missing the point a little bit. It's not about ABC's actually understanding Chinese culture...

A lot of women will just believe that ABC's must be more "Chinese" just because they look Chinese... they have Chinese blood so they must share Chinese beliefs and be more reliable than old laowai right? It's about some people's assumptions, not about reality. That's why HumpreY says ABC's are the most dangerous. They don't get slapped instantly with the foreigner womanizer stereotype so they can fly in undetected and cause the most damage. Or as Dafei alluded to... Like a spy. Like James Motherfuckin Bond, bitches!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    You guys run under the radar haha!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Bazinga!
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Now, some of you added another interesting aspect to the discussion: Overseas chinese survival ability in China.

Definitely I agree that if they don't speak chinese at all it would be very hard to be accepted and taken serious by the local co-workers. But not all foreign born chinese are raised without knowledge about chinese culture or language. Maybe ABCs are more prone to be fully assimilated by the US way of life. But in Europe for example, chinese parents do take more care proving their offsprings an bilingual education. Sure, such kind of extra schooling can never match a regular chinese education in China. But honestly, you don't need to memorize anciant poetries and being about to read all the brain-washing ideological stuff taught in chinese higher education camps to reach a level in chinese language and socializing capability, which enables you to feel comfortable in daily business and life. It's is not rocket science, even laowais can do it.

Thus, I do think foreign born chinese (at least those who are not totally disconnected to the chinese culture) do have an competitive edge over local chinese. Because above all, they are taught in western school to be creative, critical and confident being leaders, something blatantly missing in the chinese curriculum even today. And coming back to the original topic, these are also the same qualities required to seduct girls...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Humphrey ... at the end of the day, it is about schooling, which might be why "international school" is becoming popular in many cities in China ... I have already met some kids (pre-teen or younger) whose English are as good as (if not better than) a lot of University graduates ...
  • wrote:
    "Thus, I do think foreign born chinese (at least those who are not totally disconnected to the chinese culture) do have an competitive edge over local chinese. Because above all, they are taught in western school to be creative, critical and confident being leaders, something blatantly missing in the chinese curriculum even today.
    这部分有个原因是“崇洋媚外”,而不是中国人在外企工作的素质低(毕竟他们都有高等教育的背景),美国在二战以前都以拿欧洲的博士为荣,要是中国再发展50年,希望情况可以改变。我认识不少外企的都会抱怨在外企工作的意义和价值不大,原因有几个:
    1、无法得到提拔,这有很多原因
    2、看到很多干得不如自己的外籍人士和你说的这种ABC拿着Global pay啥也不干,这涉及到劳动平等
    3、本身外资企业的竞争力已经下降了
    不知道再过几十年情况会如何?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

哈哈,老孙又来了?吃饭了吧?...不要介意,我今天懒了,不换英文台了...

"崇洋媚外",这一直是中国人的"内忧",但要是没有这个,恐怕我们可能也没有什么值得讨论的了吧?呵呵...

十年后嘛?我觉得你这个问题其实牵涉到中国的"教育事业"...现在,很多人都觉得外国的教育比国内的好,又或者只是因为觉得"泡"过之后,回来会有更好的前途,所以在有条件的情况之下,都尽可能让孩子到国外"泡",无论是一些著名的学府或一些无人听闻的大学......虽然,同时也有很多外国人来中国读书,但主要都是集中在某几个城市或大学...要是有一天,外国学生蜂拥而来中国的一些不著名大学读书,那时候情况就刚好相反了...

你的想法跟我说的,是否差不多呢?
  • wrote:
    你说的和我的意思差不多,只能等中国慢慢发展了,不能期望过高,这个国家毕竟还比较落后了,别看楼挺高的,可一般人的生活和收入很低,目前在25-35岁之间的所谓北京白领讨论最多的是要不要离开北京去二线城市,这不我也要离开伟大的首都去国外不入流的大学混学位了。

我这就去吃饭了,来这个话题的都是看得懂中文的啊,这里的大多数外国网友也看得懂的。
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

哈哈...那么十年应该没什么希望了...明天我去国贸办事,你是在那里啊?一起吃饭吧?
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    为啥中国那么多老外呢?????????
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

大部分人都会同意,中国现在确实是一只会生金蛋的鹅,来中国是大势所趋...
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Cause there are so many chinese in foreign countries, so to keep it balanced there needs to be lots of laowais in china
  • wrote:
    叮当,你要请我吃饭啊,哈哈

'大部分人都会同意,中国现在确实是一只会生金蛋的鹅,来中国是大势所趋.."
    既然如此,那么对这些人既来之则安之,少在那里抱怨才是对的,要抱怨中国人更有理由抱怨。
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

哈哈...老大肯赏面,吃顿中饭又算什么啊,一会儿把你电话号码给我吧...我是欠公司的钱,明天要去还钱,所以吃不了什么很贵的,你明天的安排怎么样?中午会在那里附近?

哈哈...但不抱怨,又怎么会有我这一类人啊?呵呵...
  • wrote:
    我一无业游民,有人请吃,在下感激涕零啊!

可以啊,我到时候给你电话吧,我可以去找你啊,看时间吧,未必明天了,我现在时间都是混乱的。

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.