The title Old Dogs has nothing to do with a dog. Dog is simply a slang expression for a man.
15. dog 12 up, 4 down
1. (n) Animal, either loved or hated, of the canine variety. Anything from a chihuahua to a St. Bernard.
2. (n) An ugly, or especially slutty, woman.
3. (n) Beer, particularly when cheap.
4. (n) Reference to a male.
5. (v) To follow someone, especially in a car when driving over the speed limit, with the theory that the 'lead' dog will get the ticket most likely.
6. (v) To put down, demean, dis.
7. (n) Something of poor quality.
1. I got this dog for my girlfriend, and the little shit bit me!
2. You must've been drunk last night, 'cause that girl you was with is a dog!
3. I guess so, it must've been that dog I drank at Jimmy's.
4. What's up with Jimmy, dog?
5. I heard he was pulled over the other day; must've been doing 95 dogging some other dude, but the bastard got picked off from behind.
6. Yeah, I dogged him for that. Now he's gotta pay a big fine.
7. He woulda got away if it weren't for that ride of his. It's a dog!