Discussion » Beijing Life » Houses are very expensive in Beijing.Will you buy?

• 呵呵
    呵呵 wrote:
    Will you buy?
    When will you buy?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

No and Never ...
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:
    yep, when donkeys fly. chinese government hasn't given out any effective regulations on the issue.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

... and donkey might actually fly before the new regulation cools down the property market ...

The good news is that the BJ government wants to make the price of each individual property transparent and public (currently, the developers only need to give an average value of the whole block), and hopefully that would cool down the second hand market, hence causing the prices of new homes to cool down too ...
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:
    so what is it for?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... I just told what I read, I did not understand it myself ... and as far as I can see, that's not the way to cool down the market ...

For most places I have been, and I have known, cheap public housing is always the way to cool down the market ...
  • Linn Nesse
    Linn Nesse wrote:
    the rich & the poor will be more happy about buying the kind of house, though they've had more opportunities than the mid-income.
  • wrote:
    买啊,在北京对于一般人最能保值升值的肯定就是房子了。
    对一般人没别的选择
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

when I can just buy one without any negative effects on my short term standard of living. I'd like to hold sufficient cash in hand when I'm during my best age: to enjoy life and make invest on myself, so as to make myself a better money earner. Manacled by heavy mortgage when u r young is a big waste of ur intelligience, creativity and mobility~

• Albulena Imeri
    bought one 4 years ago and looking to move up the ladder if and when the price drops.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Not 100% certain about the 70-year ownership thing, but if it is the case, then per financial management and wealth-growth, the property value in China (most 1st tier and 2nd tier cities) would support the view that it is bettet to rent than to buy, and we can use the spare cash for some long-term and stable investment, in such case, at least you can be sure that you descendents (or your beneficiary) will get something out of it ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Eric C ... a house that's 70 years old has "sentimental" value, but more on the "mental" ... hahaha, kiding ...

There is a Chinese tradition where things (even if a piece of dry leaf) inherited from generations ago has value, in such case, it would be less the "rational reason", but more the "emotional reason" ... let's get back to reali life, which is mostly about $$$, such "emotional reason" is often not "realistic" considering the property value, e.g. when I went to Yunnan last month, a lot of tribal villages who used to grew bananas etc, have sold their banana farms to property developers ...
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    i think i will.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... but they would rather buy a property that is way over its true value than to invest in something with better return but perhaps more work ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... pondering about what to comment about your comment ...

When the propery market in Australia had similar issues a few years ago, though not as sky-rocketed as Beijing or China, a lot of people were debating whether to rent or to buy, luckily the market had cooled down since then and had made it a little more affordable for most people ...

I was born (and grew up) in Hong Kong and I can see why the property market is hot, due to the limited availability of land ... however, most 1st and 2nd tier cities in China are not like that, i.e. there is a lot of undeveloped land ...

Let's imagine that the government building cheap housing within the 4th or 5th ring ... such property is available for purchase, but only to low (or mid) income earners, and would not be allowed for re-sell within first 10 or even 15 years, would that solve the problem? Probably not, because there will always be some people trying to make money out of the system ...

So ... the unreasonable property value is not a result of "need to have a roof", but a result of greed ...
  • Escade
    Escade wrote:
    'Beijing is a 'HOT' city,it is different wz other cities...' this idea came in my mind 10yrs before....
    Rent house in Beijing=just for living
    Buy house in Beijing= let money 'borns' money
    So it depends what's kinda life of your choice:essential needs or investment.

@Dingdang:your comments are true essence...i agree wz u:I'm greety,so i bought houses to lease :-(...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Edith, always glad to be of service ... though I agree that BJ (as well as SH and GZ) is HOT, that did not happen naturally (a property value doubles within one year is not natural) ... if anyone has the numbers, we will notice that the current property value for the mid to low range market is still far above "reasonable and affordable" with respect to the average income of a young family ... and when the government finally wake up and do something about it, we might see some "bad news" (or "good news" for most people who cannot afford to buy) ...

Morning Eric C ... i will just say that the word "inverstment" has slightly different meaning among Chinese, Edith had kind of answered your question ... the generic answer is that Chinese tend to look for quick way to do things, including making money, another common "quick" that you might have heard often is "how to speak English like a native speaker within a few months" ... hope that makes sense :)

I am not sure if anyone might recall this ... about a decade ago, the property value in Hong Kong dropped very sharply within one month or two (dont remember the exact year/time), what was once a "goose that laid golden eggs" was magically whisked away ... a lot of people went bankrupt, some chose suicide, most managed to survive it but not with ease ...
  • Yang Scorpio
    Yang Scorpio wrote:
    i believe lots of people who have bought never borrow money from bank

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.