Discussion » Nonsense » Racist, You Are, Yes Its true U are Racist

• Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    I just dont understand why u guys have to continue pretending u are not when u are...its best if u just admit it or at least see ur racism act in your conversation...and the fact that if some say something bad its cool and when others do the same thing its bad,

Native Speakers???? Shit!!!! English is from England and Namibians Speak Better English than Some English and Some Americans,,,,

STOP RACISM....STOP IT NOW....This is China Not Norway ....... or sweden
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    I luv sweden!

___________________no milk today
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    You trying to get an English teaching gig on the side or something?
  • Hanna Eriksen
    Hanna Eriksen wrote:
    I dislike Norway

_____________________no milk today
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    现在是流行签名档怎么的?
    no milk today=今天没奶?
  • John
    John wrote:
    Stop racism? You mean, like stop people from being ignorant and having preconceived notions? Nigga please!
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Mr. Abisai, I don't really understand who you are refering to when you say "you guys".
  • Bjørn
    Bjørn wrote:
    Norway!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... let's start with the "stop racism" thing first, though that's not the subject of discussion ...

No one is born a racist, I think we can be sure of that, go ask a baby if you want ... it is all about education, or more precisely, how a child is brought up and whom (and what) he/she comes into contact with, i.e. the environment ...

An example would be my own dear mother ... she was born around the WW2 era, and had personally suffered the Japanese suppression, so for many years, she despised anything that's got Japanese written on it, including the culture, the appliances, the people and even the food ... however things changed when she came in contact with a Japanese lady who was married to my father's best friend (he himself is a Chinese), simply that they became friends, and then she realised not all Japanese is evil ... for many years, she stayed in touch with this Japanese lady until the family went to Japan and then they lost contact ...

In addition, I can safely guess that most of her siblings had the same "grudge" against Japanese, but over the years, they have learnt to grow out of it (one of my uncles worked for JAL for many years) ...

So, though only a small population (or acamecially, test subjects, hahaha), I think it is safe to say that "racist" (or as John said, ignorant people) can learn and change, given the opportunity ... so, Fillipus, or Mathew, whatever your name is, go out and let people know you if you feel that you are being discriminated in any ways ...

Having said all that, I think the keywords here are "pretend" and "admit" ... hahaha, I just love those words, dont you? ... Fillipus, or Mathew, "pretend" is a mean of "survival" (among many other things), we all do that one time or another in order to keep a job or friends etc ... you must have seen a lot of people smiling to their boss(es) and/or colleagues though they hated their guts, or "pretend" to like a person for whatever reason(s) ... simply speaking, if you are not "in", then you are "out", and "pretend" will keep you "in" ... my conclusion, not quite the same as John's though, I believe you can change (correct) a racist or ignorant people, but you cannot change the "pretenders" as long as the person has a need to pretend ...
  • Black Boy In The Building Tonight
    说实话,,我非常racist 真的。。
    说实话,,我非常racist 真的。。
    说实话,,我非常racist 真的。。
    说实话,,我非常racist 真的。。

BECAUSE NOW I CANNOT TO WATCH WHITE , Y, B,.... MOVIES ..

I LOVE TO WATCH BLAC MOVIE ( WILL SMITH , MARTIN LAWRENCE ,, J. FOC,......)

I LOVE TO SEE MY NBA

I LOVE TO LISTEN MY HIP-HOP HAHAH 2PAC , SNOOP GOG , AKON HAA....

I LOVE WATCH MY BLACK VIDEO CLICP

I LOVE MY SPORT

I LOVE TO PLAY , JOKE WITH MY BLACK FRIND HAHA ( YES S.hHhHhH

I LOVE MY BEYONCESSSSSSS AND WATCH THEM WHEN THEY DANCE IN THE CLUB ....

BIG UP 2PAC NUMBER ONE !!!!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    You guys all make me sad
    hahaha ...
    SAD ???

HAHAH HEY YES SIR. I GOT ONE GUY LIKE A SAD GUY

Fat track gotcha sprung now your hung (Do ya feel me?)
    Dum dum diddy is it me?
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    The Art of Defending Racism!

Doing something racist is easy- you don’t even have to think about it. But keeping racism alive? That takes work! Luckily for you, racism is deeply entrenched in our society, so all you need to do is hold the gates against those who would try to dislodge it, and let them wear themselves out. You'll want to use the tactics listed below to protect your own racist behavior, as well as those of others- after all- racism works because we work together!

Winning the war against equality!

No matter what, your objective is to be able to maintain these three beliefs at the end of any exchange:

1) I’m not racist.
    2) I didn’t do anything wrong.
    3) I don’t have to change at all.

If you can hold on to that, then you win!

How it works

Like a drinking problem or drug habit, racism works best when no one is willing to talk about it, and even better, when everyone works together to cover up the problem. The most important thing is to make sure that you can hide your problem from yourself- it’s key in maintaining those 3 beliefs that will keep you racist for a lifetime!

Saying or doing something racist will come naturally to you- but defending it? You’ll want to use one of the following tactics. They’re listed from the more soft handed and defensive tactics to the most aggressive, giving you a full range of options! Don’t worry, whether you’re liberal, conservative, in the closet racist, or tatooed and ready for Rahowa, there’s something here for you!

Tactical options:

A. It’s not that serious

1. We didn’t know better (and we never will)
    2. You’re too sensitive
    3. It’s not a big deal because it’s just (a movie, a song, a book, words, etc.)
    4. Why should we care? (You don't matter anyway)

B. But!

1. POC do XYZ to themselves (so it’s ok that we also do XYZ)
    2. I’m oppressed too!
    3. Hey! Look at sexism/classicism/Global Warming! Diversion
    4. One POC says it’s cool
    5. POC can discriminate too!
    6. What about reverse racism?
    7. We’re not discriminating AS MUCH (as other people/as we used to), isn’t that good?!? Give me a cookie.
    8. My best friend/spouse/adopted child/my ancestor 5 generations back is POC
    9. I’ve done XYZ, which proves I’m not racist, and I get a free pass for anything else I do.

C. Dismissal!

1. You’re too stupid to be in this conversation and everything you say doesn’t matter
    2. Racism is over now
    3. If we don’t talk about it, it’ll magically go away
    4. Under my definition- it’s not racist
    5. You’re too angry/You’re being irrational
    6. Racism has always existed, we can’t fix it, you should stop complaining.

D. Threats

1. Be glad it isn’t worse, we could be doing XYZ/I’ll give you a reason to cry
    2. You brought this on yourself/ If you people didn’t... XYZ
    3. Go back to where you came from!

Advanced Tactics!

The Russian Retreat (Be like Water)

Naturally, anyone who attempts to call you on a racist behavior, will probably try to also refute your defense. Fortunately for you, when your defense isn’t based on actual reasons, but simply irrationality, you can switch tactics on the drop of a dime without any explaination. Simply switch from one defense to another, randomly, and let your opponent continue to wear themselves out trying to penetrate your happy wall of racist belief!

For additional fun, you can switch to a tactic you’ve used previously. Half of them will not even notice they’ve been led in a circle, the other half will lose all hope and give up! Hurrah for ignorance!

(to be continued...)
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    (continued...)

The Wall of Whiteness

As the Greeks knew, the key to a good defense was teamwork. If you have more than one person supporting racism involved in the conversation, then all of you should use different tactics simultaneously- your opponent will have to fight on multiple fronts, and have to keep switching his or her train of thought to meet each defense. They’ll wear out in no time, and, you can reinforce and protect each other’s 3 beliefs.

Judas is your friend (when you’re Roman)

You may be fortunate enough to have rallied POC allies in racism. Their 3 beliefs replace “I” with “My white friends”, and they’re just as willing to defend you as another white person. These allies are pure gold. They lend credibility to your defense that you’re not racist, and what you’ve done isn’t racist. Instead of simply wearing out your opponents, these allies will completely demoralize them and wound them to the heart, opening them easily for the kill.

The Theory of it all

The best part of irrational behavior, is that you don't need to understand a lick of it. But some of you may wish to further your studies on the path of racism, so it's best to be armed with the theory behind the tactics.

Denial of responsibility:

This form of denial involves avoiding personal responsibility by blaming, minimizing or justifying. Blaming is a direct statement shifting culpability and may overlap with denial of fact. Minimizing is an attempt to make the effects or results of an action appear to be less harmful than they may actually be. Justifying is when someone takes a choice and attempts to make that choice look okay due to their perception of what is "right" in a situation. Someone using denial of responsibility is usually attempting to avoid potential harm or pain by shifting attention away from themselves.

Denial of impact:

Denial of impact involves a person avoiding thinking about or understanding the harms their behavior have caused to themselves or others. By doing this, that person is able to avoid feeling a sense of guilt and it can prevent that person from developing remorse or empathy for others. Denial of impact reduces or eliminates a sense of pain or harm from poor decisions.

Denial of awareness:

This type of denial is best discussed by looking at the concept of state dependent learning. People using this type of denial will avoid pain and harm by stating they were in a different state of awareness (such as alcohol or drug intoxication or on occasion mental health related). This type of denial often overlaps with denial of responsibility.

Denial of cycle:

Many who use this type of denial will say things such as, "it just happened." Denial of cycle is where a person avoids looking at their decisions leading up to an event or does not consider their pattern of decision making and how harmful behavior is repeated. The pain and harm being avoided by this type of denial is more of the effort needed to change the focus from a singular event to looking at preceding events. It can also serve as a way to blame or justify behavior (see above).

Denial of denial:

This can be a difficult concept for many people to identify in themselves, but is a major barrier to changing hurtful behaviors. Denial of denial involves thoughts, actions and behaviors which bolster confidence that nothing needs to be changed in ones personal behavior. This form of denial typically overlaps with all of the other forms of denial, but involves more self-delusion.

Remember, ignorance doesn't just maintain itself! Only with your hard work and diligent efforts can we keep hate alive!!!!!!
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    What is your definition of racism? If people treat you bad because of your skin color alone, it's definitely racist. but If they treat you bad because they generally don't like you - regardless of where you are from, it is not racist.

And wtf do u mean by "this is china, not norway or sweden" ...?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    His showing us how better a non-racist he is compared to "you guys"!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    BREAKING NEWS

China has been isolated for the better part of this millennium and its homogeneous population has had limited interaction with residents of other countries.

As interaction with the outside world increases, ignorance and allegations of "racism" will decrease.

Stay tuned to the OBVIOUS NEWS DESK for more updates as they come in.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Yeah cause of course countries where people come from many different places in the world and interact together on a daily basis are very not racist! I'll invite you to France some time to show you how non-racist people are. Probably works in the US too!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I didn't say that countries with diverse populations are hotbeds of racial harmony, but I did state that ignorance and allegations of racism will decrease with increased interaction.

See the difference there? It's called nuance.

I appreciate your invitation to le France, but I'll have to take a rain check. I lived there for six months and let's just say that it's a pleasant country that lives up to its many stereotypes.

*ducks and runs*
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Oh if you duck and run, then I'll be shooting at you!
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Oh snap, correcting Thorstan and Pete (slightly) on this one. There is racism in the Scandinavian countries. It is directed again the Saami (the indigenous reindeer herders that live in the Arctic). However, I will state that it is much less blatant than the racism in a lot of other countries, and it stems around the issue of land and wanting to develop past the Lappland Border.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    I try to enter in a elevator, but is full, fucking racists.
    Today my hamster bites me, fucking racist.
    I try to flirt with a woman in a bar, and she says ¨no¨. Fucking racist.
    Walking in the street my shoes walks over a shit of dog, fucking racist dog.
    The condom is broke, fucking racist latex.
    I go to interview for a job, in the end, they don´t choose me, fucking racist.
    The cars don´t stop when i cross the road, fucking racist.
    Today my msn doesn´t conect, fucking racist.
    The battery of my mobile died in my hands, fucking racist.
    In the best moment, she says -i don´t like blow job-, fucking racist
    The water of the shower is cold, fucking racist.
    Today I have an ED, fucking racist dick.
    My gf becomes in ex-gf, fucking racist.
    Today rains, i don´t like, fucking racist sky.
    My gf doesn´t like my sperm, fucking racist.
    In the radio I never listen my prefer music, fucking racists.
    In the movies I can not see my prefer actors, fucking racists.
    I go to the hospital, and the doctor says me - U have a cancer, 5 months- , Fucking racist life.

If the Life fucks u, is not racism,
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Shooting baguettes smeared with roquefort, or just regular bullets?

But in all seriousness, with time comes increased understanding.

Citizens of liberal, developed countries have been born and raised in environments that stress the importance and necessity of diversity, having been exposed to countless workshops, lectures and discussions, educational programs, public service announcements and a litany of other programs that have (or at least tried to) cement the positive value of multiculturalism in its citizenry since birth.

For the most part, it works.

But you can't expect folks who have been raised in a homogeneous system under different value systems to have the exact same viewpoint.

Are you listening, Abisai?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Laura
    No need to correct me, considering I didn't say that racism doesn't exist in other countries.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Pete, I get what you're saying but if isolation is the problem, why is the racism generally directed towards dark skinned people while white people are almost glorified? It's just because the West is rich and Africa is poor. Everything in China is about money.

Racism is human nature. Stereotyping is also human nature, gives us a quick and easy way to assess something without having to dig deeper into details. Sometimes the stereotype is completely wrong, but if it were wrong more times than right, a different stereotype would take its place. Even when you take people from all different backgrounds and drop them in the same country and put them on an equal economic and educational ground, they'll still find ways to separate into little groups and find reasons to hate other groups.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Pete, I mostly agree with you, but I've also seen people take the opposite way and come back from a multi cultural environment to rejecting every one who's not up to their race and social standards and forgetting people they used to call friends.
    This worries me, and I hope it's not a general trend that's going to appear!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Good points, gentlemen.

at Jon
    I think a lot of animosity towards dark-skinned people comes from both stereotypes perpetuated by the media and "real life" behavior that confirms these stereotypes -- not necessarily poverty.

Agree with your other points.

at Saibo
    I wouldn't worry about that becoming a trend; seems like an isolated incident.

I'm still waiting for Abisai (and the other black gentlemen who commented earlier) to chime in with their viewpoints.
  • Maria Steinstø
    I love the person all over the world ,no one is particular
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... everyone just talks about the "racism" thing, but seemed to have missed (or chosen to ignore) the "pretend" bit?
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    I actually love women of all races, however I tend to stay away from the males unless I build a bond with them and start a real friendship. Is that racist behavior or is it simply sexist behavior? Or is it just plain smart evolutionary behavior? I am generally accepting and respectful of peoples personal space, race, and customs. I am generally wary of their actions, demeanor, and attitude toward me. If they are racist toward me, or I sense that they are trying to get over on me then I will be relentless in my defense. I empathize with people for what my ancestors have done and what the colonizer continues to do, but if people cannot understand me that I am here as an equal and not someone who believes himself to be better than someone of another color then they are the ones hurting themselves. Be wary, but but do not act too hastily.
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Vincent, great ideas... I think I saw several of them recently being used in a thread supporting racism.
  • Kay
    Kay wrote:
    ok, once again i see people having fun here
    but i will break it down for you guys

lets get a simple definition of Racism

Racism is an ideology to classify groups of natural persons, often referred to as races, from natural attributes, visible or not.

This ideology can lead to an attitude of systematic hostility against any class of persons. These hostile acts result in discrimination, a form of xenophobia or ethnocentrism.

From here i will break it down by saying that nobody had to choose with wich color he wanted to be born. Here we all can realize that is the matter of God. We are here in front of a subject who is much older than everybody who are putting comments in this post. trying to show people how much you can use verbs and sentences to avoid it its waisting of time or simply malice.

Take time to imagine one second if you were born with a skin color that you would not evolve into a comfortable position in society with the ideologies and rules of games have been set by those of another skin color!

I am not saying Mr Abisai is right, coz he didnt really explain is problem, but to say that, racism is not the problem that not true.

and please stop talking about poverty in Africa as a fact, is the result of one of the oldest forms of racism 'slavery'. From their blood, their wealth and their lives Africans have provided the Development of most of the Western countries to the detriment of Africa itself.

So if you think that deep inside of your consciousness you are not racist, then let's have some real talk!

God Bless
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Yeah, read it too. Not sure though whether the author is actually supporting racism or whether he employed a cynical/sarcastic tone to prove a point.
  • Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:
    boring..black? white? we all need to breath, eat , sleep..we all human being ,right? so, shut fuck up..there is no point to talk about this stupid question.
  • wrote:
    Dear Abisai,

Are you sick?

" Namibians Speak Better English than Some English and Some Americans,,,, "
    Why do you feel good just because you can speak better foreign language?
    I speak better Chinese than most of you, and I am proud of it.

Do not talk ...ism or ...ist all the time, which only shows that you are using these concepts to discriminate others. Try to do something to stop discrimination among different peoples.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Sun U wont understand what i am trying to say...neither of u was smart enough to figure it out...but someone almost did in a single word...but going back to the racism part of this comment..i am just supporting a million of people out there that are against racism acts that goes on in the world including members and owners of this website....i do discriminate those who discriminates..but generally under normal circumstances, I dont...yeah maybe i am sick...just like anybody can go sick and loose himself....this place is full of uncool people who lack commom sense and u can be part of that too if u are not careful enough
  • Albulena Imeri
    With all the due respect to my English-teaching friends, I agree that some native English speakers' language/communication skills are not as decent as some non-native speakers, I.E. Business lanaguage.

I think they are getting it more.
  • wrote:
    Dear Abisai,

Why do you ask other to be so careful?
    It is unreasonable.
    he's mistake !! take it easy!!
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    I feel alot of Chinese "Racism" is mainly naivety.

In the UK and and USA, we really have no excuse considering our History.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    including yourself
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    Bring the racist, over here, i will punish him. Tell him to work out his muscles, if not i will smash him into pieces
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    just like how the new born baby was Squeezed yesterday below on Wulffmorgenhaler

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.