Discussion » Feedback & Suggestions » Do you get randomly signed out?

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    A girl reported a strange event - she get signed out from time to time, and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Some info about her environment:
    - She used Firefox
    - She got signed out just after replying or writing in someone's guestbook (could be random)
    - She get signed out every ~15 min or so.
    - It have happened before, but then it was ok, but now it occurs again.

If anyone else get signed out without clicking "Sign out", let me know and we'll try to figure out what causes this.

• Joakim Berg Solum
    In America, you sign out from website. In Communist China, website sign you out!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    I get signed out if I don't use the website for about 4 or 5 hours I think, and have to sign back in, despite checking the "Remember Me" box. Not sure if it is supposed to happen or if it is a bug.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Oh yeah that remember me box completely does not work at all!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... sometimes ...

For a while now ... sometimes you would see in the "Last Discussions" that someone (headless and nameless) had definitely written the LAST post in a thread, but when you clicked on that thread, there is nothing there ...

And then I realise he/she might have been timed out like I had often been ...

I usually write post in the forum that might be as long as the Great Wall, and when I hit "Agree and Post", I might find that it had timed me out, and everything is lost ... which is annoying ...

However, I find that I can back-page, go into the dialog box to capture the text, then re-login and add the post again ...
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    DingDang, I think that happens when someone deletes his own post.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

No Jon, I am afraid that is incorrect ... and you can certainly check (and test) this yourself ...

In the old format of the forum, you will actually see this line:

"This entry has been deleted" ...

... but this had been taken out if you look at the new format ...

I still think it is a "time out" issue ... which according to my dark past, it can most certainly be changed/tuned ...

• Christian Hansen
    No, never.. I have been using IE6 and 7 and have never experienced that problem

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.