Discussion » Nonsense » SHOULD WLB KEEPS THE NONSENCE CATEGORIE?

**** wrote:
    1-first this category is home to so many useless and stupid conversations which undermine the sanity of everyone spirits, we don't get better. people enjoy talking against other or create discussion that put shadows on this website, meanwhile others categories also are subjects to those dirty incoming

2- this category however gives the opportunities to drop our stress or anything else we want to take off our mind, we sometimes actually like those discussions because of some kind of need of our mind, like talking off things that doesn't matter or just synonyms of boredness anything’s that clean the spirits off burden.

So what should we do? Make this website a clean, smart place, or keep in some punching balls which helps the stressed or desesperate one in their own way?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... getting rid of the category would actually make us better? nice thoughts, but I dont think so ... because people can use other categories to continue their nonsense, so again, it is, well, as the catgory says, "nonsense" ...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Useless and stupid conversations are the bread and butter of this forum.

The only reason that we created the "Nonsense" section is because we didn't want too many sub-sections: we thought that users would find sections for each and every topic too difficult and complex to effectively navigate.

Personally, I've found that the conversations that "undermine the sanity of everyone's spirits" are the ones being posted repeatedly in the Dating & Romance section:

"Foreign Guys are Bad!"
    "Chinese Girls are Gold Diggers!"
    "Who Likes Sex?"
    "I'm a Big Fat Loser with a Small Penis and Hate You!"
    "I Want Attention, and I Want It NOW!"

I hate to say it, but this website will never be a "clean, smart place" as long as certain mentally-deficient individuals remain lurking underfoot. They're everywhere! But it's up to you, dear community, to keep them in check through the constant application of your rapier wit and cutting remarks.

But this forum is more well-mannered, believe it or not, compared to others.

With that said, I'm going to advocate for the "punching balls" technique.
  • Matt
    Matt wrote:
    @Pete DeMola: how can i post photos or change the front? is it possible?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    very interesting that you also posted on the same thread.
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Parodox! Somewhere, someone killed a kitten for this thread to happen.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Matt

Learn HTML. That's how you include photos and change the font and stuff. And maybe it'll also help you get a foreign girlfriend!
  • Matt
    Matt wrote:
    oh, Pete, come on. but thanks alot. i will try.!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Matt
    In all honesty, it shouldn't be very difficult for you to get a nice foreign girlfriend... or at least get laid.

A lot of foreign guys have Yellow Fever, which means we like to date Asian women after living here in China for awhile -- ignoring other women in the process.

That's good for you! You have to take advantage of the fact that foreign girls need to get laid, too, just like everyone else. Be confident. I've seen your swagger: you've got some potential. (But keep that shirt buttoned.)

Start hanging around Wudaokou more often and sweep 'em off their feet after they've had a few cocktails.

You'll be okay. And if you get really desperate, try Craig's List. All sorts of freaky people post shit on there. You'll probably find what you're looking for. While she may be missing a few teeth and comes with a raging drug habit, think of it as a work in progress.

Good luck!
  • Matt
    Matt wrote:
    @Pete DeMola: hahahahaha!!!! hey, man, you are really something, you know. can't believe it. OK, well, drop me a line next time you hang with some girls. haha. well, this is interesting. actually i don't wanna get bar girls. i need a serious relationship. maybe it'll be tough.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Matt
    Ah, this is where cultural differences come into play.

I've noticed that a lot of Chinese think that girls who hang out in bars are "bad" or immoral.

Not true.

Many of us foreigners enjoy hanging out in bars because they're a great place to socialize, listen to music and have a few drinks. You'll find most people in them to be relatively-normal.

Loud and obnoxious, yes. But nice people, nonetheless. Including girls.

I'm telling you, man, go to La Bamba or Helen's Cafe in Wudaokou. Even Lush. Or sit outside Propaganda with the thousands of other drunk people acting like wild savages.

Every time I go to those places late at night, they're stuffed with foreign students, most of whom are shitfaced drunk.

Your English vocabulary Word of the Day: shitfaced (adj): very drunk.

Now I'm not telling you to take advantage of intoxicated women, but you're young, they're young and it's a prime chance to exchange in cross-cultural bodily fluids... which may or may not develop into something more serious.

In any event, hang in there and don't worry. With the right philosophy, you'll be okay. And by right philosophy, I mean stop telling your life story in online forums.

Romantic, yeah. But you're only going to attract weirdos. And trust me: Beijing is full of them.
  • Matt
    Matt wrote:
    Pete

Thanks. I don't know, but I don't wanna have shitfaced people around sometimes. (thanks for your vocabulary). I'm allergic to beer. Bar girls are somehow looking for fun, I don't know they are bad or not, I even find it pointless to hang out with a bunch of men who sometimes i know in my guts that we are just passengers. fuck it! never mind, i'll take your advice and stop my talks on here. thanks again.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Matt
    You're free to do whatever you want. I know that another cultural difference is that Asians tend to show emotion in public while foreigners often put on a false sense of chest-thumping bravado (New Vocabulary Word #2).

But as you've already noticed, this philosophy doesn't work in our intersection of East v. West.

I'm not your therapist (yet), so I'll stop talking now. Should you require the services of a personal therapist, my rates are flexible.
    **** wrote:
    i've got a period against nonsense but i do believe now that it the most needed one, sadly, you find a lot of kind of discussions on it, mostly troubling,insane,pathetic one but it makes you aware of who's thinking like that and gave the opportunity to know more about each other, also help get rid of pressure some might have, i agree about keeping it but i agree even more on a WLB meeting days, with all options,events, forums of the website are at our disposal in real face to face like a festivals that would be a great way for the forums, gonna need security thought
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    The category can be kept, but put at the end. my concern was that it is the first up there and might not give a new entrant a good impression. And the statement to it says that, to paraphrase it" that if one fails to put his or her ideas in any of the above...." This means it should be the last.
  • Marte Joahansen
    Sure it should be kept..it contains some things that doesn't make sense.
  • Kristian Svoren
    SURE!!!.. YOU WERE NOT SUPPOSE TO ASK EVEN.... ITS JUST STRAIGHT AWAY.. HEHE
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Been searching for this thread in the "FB and Sug" ... and then realised that, well, this is about the "nonsense" category ...

Q: just wondering ... what happened to the "icon" for this category, on the top left?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    Hahahhaa, i was also asking myself the same thing. Thought my laptop could not handle it anymore. But since you are asking the same, well, my laptop then seems fine.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... listen here, just stay away from having any sexual or steamy conversation with your potential buyers of the auction ... oh, did I just make it sound like you actually do this for a living? heehee ...
  • Rebecca Dreiling
    Getting rid of this topic would be blasphemy! I love reading people's silly little rants and touch on topics that are completely insignificant. How else would I make it through the work day? ;)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.