Discussion » Dating & Romance » A Nigger Is a Nigger Is a Nigger Is a Nigger (Anyw

• James
    James wrote:
    No matter where I go, I'm a nigger. Oh, I might not be called that to my face here, but the result is the same. I'm black; therefore I'm poor, stupid, and likely criminal. Yeah, we might give lip service to tolerance. However, at the end of the day, on the really important issues, it's back to being a nigger. No matter what I might do to improve myself, I'm still nothing but my skin color, whether it's in America, Europe, or China.

Don't believe me? Do a poll of the Chinese women you know, see how many would seriously consider marrying a black men. Hell, see how many of them would be willing to be seen in public holding hands with a black man.

Ok, now back to more complaining about white men, since they're the only foreigners with whom dating and romance are possible.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Thats ma nigga! C mon man you gotta look to the brighter side of life. How many guys like you are there really? PhD, highly intelligent, good personality aside from the compulsive self demotion, and a hell of cool guy! It is not your fault many others are ignorant.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Friends should be celebrated not tolerated. I could not see why anyone would ever have an opinion other than mine about you other than pure ignorance on their part. Poker this weekend?

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Nigga please dat was my next reply!
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Oh damn! Your impulse should be to call me when there is a game haha! I love that shit! So can you please elaborate on what this post is all about? Did someone make you feel isolated or is it a combination of things?

• Joakim Berg Solum
    I wish I were qualified to say something. I feel like a foreigner in China but at least I don't look like one.

I agree with you on the whole "lip service to tolerance thing..." I love it when people say "well yeah but I have a black friend" or some shit like that, as if that automatically disqualified them as a racist.

I can't say I'm any better... I'm still a closet racist but I'm definitely getting over it. Growing up in a poor neighborhood in St. Louis where a bunch of black kids at school called me Mr. Miagi or tried to fight with me to get me to do some kung fu moves definitely influenced that, but I realize that it's irrelevant now. That's also racism too though, but honestly, after growing up and also working in poor neighborhoods with lots of black people (computer technical support and such) I realize that for the most part, they trust Chinese people more than white people hahahaha

And one last comment which probably supports what you are saying... I know at least several Chinese/Taiwanese/random Asian guys (myself included sadly) who aspire to one day sleep with a black girl, but have no interest in actually having a long term relationship... and honestly, in general the trend is to be more attracted to girls who look like they are mixed or have more "white" faces," but with black skin. Terrible isn't it?
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Have you ever read the book "Black Like Me?"
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I understand what you are complaining, James. One of my university roomates' aunty married a black guy from Ghana and because of that, her aunty's family has disconnected her completely since then.

Maybe this kind of tragedy will be less and less with more and more Chinese people becoming open-minded.

James, just be confident and positive. Don't blame yourself for something you could never change.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    well yeah it is horrible. The racism thing is hard to get over when you see it everywhere and it is evident within the social structure in which you grow up in. I was raised in Southern Louisiana and my family is racist, however I learned through life experiences that the color of ones skin does not really matter. It is what kind of person they are and how they were socialized to be.

I was stabbed in the back during a street fight with six black guys when I was only 16. They were robbing me for my jacket. It was interesting because it taught me a lot about racism and just how pervasive it is in the world. It was an election year in my town that year, so nothing was done to bring those guys to justice because of the stratification of black and white society within my town. My police Chief and media suppressed the story and the DA would not take my case for fear of making public a racial case so close to the election. Its funny how that happened huh? Racism on both sides mixed in with some good ole Southern politics. I learned to look at the value of a person.

Also I would like to discuss what is racism and to what degree is the evolutionary fight or flight reaction taking hold of some people. For example, you hear a rustle in the bushes and you are unarmed. What do you do? Do you run or do you stick around to see what it is? How about of you heard from others or learned from experience that rustles in the bushes are better taken as a warning than merely ambient noise. Would it not be better to run now and see from a distance that it was only a bird in the bushes rather than a large predatory animal? I have gained a high degree of street smarts from living in the South and other big cities. I have to admit I am more cautious when I am driving through a slum area no matter what color the people are living there. I will be on guard when surrounded by people I do not know. If they are black I tend to be on higher alert than normal, but I believe that is my natural reaction given my experience. I think that most people do not analyze the problem with such a degree of awareness and tend to just take the safe route and run. They figure running now will ensure their survival now so that they may see reality later.

The system that creates blatant racism is the same system that perpetuates the conditions that cause some people to act the stereotype.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Shit, there ain't a white man in this room that would change places with me.

None of you would change places with me. And l'm rich!

That's how good it is to be white!

There's a white, one-legged busboy in here right now that won't change places with my black ass.

He's going, ''Naw, man, l don't wanna switch. l wanna ride this white thing out. ''See where it takes me.''
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    TO JAMES:

I DON'T BELIEVE U ARE BLACK!!!

If u happen to be Black, U need to be instilled the Black Spirit ...
    What you saying here, may be true to some extent but your so-called experience is not common to all blacks living in China or even elsewhere....might be something' around the has to do with the way you appear to people, how you behave yourself, what you doing and how you doing it ....
    If u are Black I will tell you that there is a personal mission that you have to fulfill when people have ready-made judgement on you by the following prescriptions:
    1- Appear confident whenever and where ever you are
    2- Show that you are worth or even better than many others everytime you get the opporunity
    3- Do not waste your time with ignorant racism

About WOMEN:
    Women all around the world have somethin' in common, they have an eye on what they believe can please them , and what they believe can please those around them ....
    Many girls would love at first sight , but what u supposed to do to ensure a successful follow-up mostly depends on how well you communicate wit her or how well her parents and friends are educated ,especially here in China....
    I personably have 3 black friends married and living a decent , very stable life with their happy mixed families in Beijng and Shanghai, and I swear there are hundreds other untapped examples and not to even mention how black race is changing this world starting from America.
    And about those chinese ladies, ironically, these are very nice , intelligent and ambitious ladies..
    SO PLEASE, let's not dramatized a fact ... ^^yeah , sure , I am al'heart with you if somewhere , someone hurts you but I suggested u to endorse the BLACK SPIRIT and showp up ya worth
    WHY THOSE MOST LOVED PEOPLE OF THIS WORLD ARE BLACK THEN??

go to sports, go to music, and now go to politics and more to come ......

I don't even need to mention THOSE WHO CHANGED THE WORLD in many ways already , here just a few ( Luther king Jr, Malcom X, Farakhan, Jesse Jackson etc.....u ever read their words?)
    If you black, STOP complaining in public and try to figure why U can still see some other black guys , with sometimes a skin even darker than yours got some of the most beautiful girls on this City....U ALSO CAN DO IT
    If you make a survey on those girls who date blacks, they are either too beautiful to be chased by other or morally stronger and more independent , or they follow their natural inclination opposite the mainstream..

I DON'T BELIEVE U ARE BLACK !!

IF U ARE BLACK, PLEASE ADD ME , AND I WILL MEET TO YOU TO SHOW U THE OTHER WAY AROUND ...

BIG UP
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Are you guys serious? You don't think James is black because... er, he commented on the racist attitudes of the citizenry. Or something.

Ultimate fail.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Pete ... because I often spoke in English, a lot of people dont believe I am Chinese ... this is perhaps some form of "stereotype" that each category needs to behave in certain ways, like what Jon said about "Mr Miagi" situation ...
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    this fail calls for a rap:

the strong winds of fail
    have again set sail
    for those of you who doubt
    the aforementioned black male

it's beyond comprehension
    why a user would defy convention
    by attracting unwarranted attention
    to the shade of their complexion
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Haha yeah and some people do not believe Barrack Obama is black either, Hmmmmm well lets see..... Fail! Yeah I am sure James needs mentoring from you guys so you can show him how to be black. Cmon fellas seriously? There must be some other way to be black. Perhaps just refuse to accept any form of pervasive racism and be human. There is no way to be black or to not be black. I cannot be black no matter what I do. You cannot validate your degree of blackness by any actions etc..... Just be yourself!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Ding Dang, the difference is that you don't have any pictures of yourself... James is clearly black from his profile picture. Either that or he is trying to imitate Griffin in "Black Like Me" and do some sort of sociology experiment. Agree with Pete, this is an epic level of face->palm failure that I can't even begin to comprehend.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    pft ph ph ph bbbbbbleh pf pf pf pf bleh te te te te pft pft pft pft teh (Beat Boxin)
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Who's more racist, the Chinese girls who bang James only in private, or black guys who think that James isn't black because he doesn't talk in incomprehensible rap lyrics?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

I always think that we are what we are ... not because of the skin color or gender or religion, but how we were brought up and educated ... I have often wondered, how do adopted kids fit into their world, especially when their adopted parents are not of the same race ... e.g. a lot of Americans have adopted kids who became orphans from the SiChuan earthquake, then how do these Chinese kids fit into a non Chinese world ... anyone?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    sometimes I weep for humanity
    after scanning this insanity
    reeking of inanity
    and downright calamity

or is it just me
    online all day and all night
    that leads to my belief that all is not right

maybe it is: your vacuity of thought
    leading common sense and reason
    to stumble, falter
    and rot
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Uncle Dingdang, you're not Chinese, you're Australian (I think, or are you HKese, I forgot?)

James, I honestly only know a couple of black guys in China, both of whom are from Nigeria. One lives in Shanghai with his Chinese wife and new baby, and the other lives in Beijing with his Chinese girlfriend. All the other black guys I meet try to sell me drugs when I walk by Sanlitun. (no, that should be rephrased to "all the black guys I meet when i walk by Sanlitun try to sell me drugs". on second thought, that should be deleted because someone won't get the joke and will get angry, but it's too late now.)

There is absolutely no question that most Chinese locals are racist, just like everyone else. The interesting thing about Chinese racism though, is that they put themselves at the bottom of the racial ladder, rather than the top. They may be terrified of black people, I don't think they look down on blacks so much.
    Why can a Nigerian man who speaks pidgin English make 200 RMB an hour teaching English in China? Because by virtue of not being Asian, he's automatically better than Chinese people here.

When you get those angry looks from Chinese guys for being with a local girl, it's not in the southern sense of "what's that colored boy doing with one of our women." What they're thinking is "Fuk, another good looking foreigner who's in shape, has an education, and makes more money than me, is further reducing the already small number of girls in China (who I could ever be eligible to marry). The girl must be a whore."

And besides, while I have heard from a girl that "I don't think I would ever marry a black guy," I have heard from the same girl and many others that "ALL girls are attracted to black guys".

So, you're at the disadvantage of being socially unacceptable to date, but girls want to have sex with you. It's a lot easier to convince a girl to say "screw society" than to say "I'll screw you because society's ok with it.

Actually, this is China, so maybe not.

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... "Chinese" is a race as well as a nationality, so while I am Chinese, I am also not Chinese, that's my dilemma ...
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    James,right?
    I don't know whether this will cheer u up or not.
    For any social experiences, we all have expectations. Somehow the way you act is the way you wanna be perceived. And when ppl response not the way you expected..i believe we are fully capable of adjusting and move on.
    There is absolutely no reason to doubt oneself's being and go down in self-pity that vicious loop.

Of course racism exsists and is way more serious problem than just "I'm too fat and nobody likes me". But i think eventually the human emotions work in certain common base. I mean get over it one way or another.

To Alban.. yes we get it you are here you are confident proud black and i respect that ,but there is a very thin line between chauvinism and what you are shouting up there....just a humble observation. I rest my case.
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    To Pete Demola:

Wat's your line?
    moderator in this Forum?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    moderator, schmoderator
    just call me the nuclear thermometer
    spitting rhymes all the times
    lookin' out for me and mines
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I met people from all around the world in Beijing, but if you think about it, people will associate people from one country with other people from the same country because they are more likely to have similar social behavior based on their cultural influence. Personally I find people who grew up in South-Africa a lot more easy going than people from Middle-African countries, but I'm not saying middle-african's are bigger douchebags than south african's - they just scored worse on my experience statistics so far... So they might need to work a little on their statistics :-)

Let me make an example: If I met 9 people from the same country, and they all behaved like complete assholes, a part of me would say "uh-oh" when meeting a 10th person, while another part would give the guy a chance, cause who knows... might be a cool guy!
    But If I met a guy coming from the same country as 10 other assholes I met, but grew up in a country where 10/10 people I met has been awesome guys, I would'nt meet him with that much skepticism. He simply wouldn't have to prove to me that people from his country aren't duchebags - cause I've never met a duchebag from his country.

Another important factor is attraction. When I first came to China, I didn't feel that attracted to Chinese girls looks, but once I got more used to seeing them, i found myself just as attracted to Chinese girls as european girls. I'm guessing this goes the other way as well... However, the contrast in looks and charicaristics is even wider with Chinese and African's than with Chinese and Europeans, so it might take a little longer for them to get used to.. see?

And believe me, white guys got similar problems too - A lot of chinese girls are very careful with us cause they think we're all a bunch of players who's dating 10 other girls at the same time. Of course, some must've put that impression out there, but it kinda fucks it up for the good guys, right? I'm sure you can relate to this in a big way.

Cheers!
  • Miriam Pedersen
    It might sound hard to say this. But I think you will be more happy if you leave china and go to a place in the world where your racial value is considered as equal if not even higher than that of the locals.

I mean that's why most white people I met in China love China.

It might be hard to leave a place behind, which you like and where you even feel home. But eventually, if everything around you makes you sad and brings you down, it's time to pack and journey further. The world is big and has enough place for everyone to feel happy.

Cheers
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    HumphreY: I would'nt suggest leaving china, that's kinda like giving up. My advice would be to prove that you're not like they might think in the first place. But in order to do this, you got to proceed with ease and be patient :-) I actually have to do the same way, chinese girls are quite skeptical to foreigners in general unless the first thing you tell them is that you plan to live in china forever :-)
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Ja...come on man of doctor : you'd know inside and personalities are most important than others in a HUMAN life.... not outside. right ? ....... and they are not care abt the color or something if they are cleverness enough ...............................
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Humphrey's advice might not be for everyone, but it is certainly for me ...
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Kent, I just suggest applying Sun Tzu's The Art of War..

三十六计,走为上计。:)
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    ok 说走就走!!! 你们玩吧! 我是个绿人, 天啊,照片在那儿摆着还竟然有人问我是不是white girl ... i answered yes but i got yellow fever
    这儿怎么什么人都有啊! ?¥%……%*……()89890@%¥&*(——O&*()*
  • Hans Christian Eriksson

TO JAMES:

EVEN WHITE are not 100% accepted in China
    EVEN YELLOW are not 100% accepted in US, EUROPE
    EVEN BLACK are not 100% accepted in China BUT JAMES IS 100% REJECTED. MY ADVICE TO YOU JAMES. THE PROBLEM IS NOT OF BEING BLACK.BUT OF HOW U ARE IN THE EYES OF PEOPLE. THE PROBLEM IS IN JAMES HIMSELF.MY ADVICE TO YOU MR JAMES: FIND A BIG MIRROR AND LOOK AT URSELF. FOR SURE U APPEAR STRANGE TO CHINESE BECAUSE YOU MAY HAVE A SCARY APPEARANCE AND AS A RESULT NOBODY LIKES U HERE. BLACK WHO ARE NEAT, HIGHLY EDUCATED, HAVING A DECENT JOB ARE OF ATTRACTION HERE.

AND ALL BLACK I KNOW IN CHINA AND WHO HAVE CHINESE GF CAN HAVE THESE ELIGIBLE FOR MISS CHINA COMPETITION. BLACK DON'T LIKE THESE WHITE BLINDED NARROW MINDED UGLY GIRLS WHO DO NOT WANT TO SHOW UP IN PUBLIC WITH THEM. YOU MAY HAVE MET ONE OF THESE. OR MAYBE YOU ARE A FRUSTRATED WHITI WHOSE GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN EMBEZZLED BY A BLACKI.
    I , PERSONALLY, BEING BLACK, A PHD CANDIDATE AND THE GENERAL MANAGER OF A TRADE COMPANY HAVE NOT YET ENCOUNTERED JAMES 'S PITIFUL ORDEAL IN THE COURSE OF THESE PAST 5 YEARS IN CHINA.
    JAMES, PEOPLE JUDGE UR APPEARANCE, UR PERSONALITY, YOUR STATUS IN SOCIETY. U DO LACK THESE. GO FOR THESE, AND CHINESE WON'T DISDAIN U. A GREAT MANY OF CHINESE WILL BE WILLING TO GO OUT AND BRAVE A DEADLY FREEZING MINUS 45 DEGRES WINTER JUST FOR A 2 SECOND GLANCE AT KOBE BRIANT, ONEAL' ,DROGBA, THIERY , JACKSON, OBAMA, SERENA WILLIAM, MANDELA, POET G, ALBAN...
    YOUR BIG JEANS, YOUR SCARY DREADLOCKS GIVE THE IMPRESSION OF NOTHING BUT AN CHRONIC BULY. EXAMPLE: CELEBRETIES LISTED ABOVE DO NOT HAVE UR SCARY APPEARANCE.
    LAST ADVICE: JAMES, IF U ARE BLACK, UR LESSON UP! IF YOU ARE A FRUSRATED WHITI WHOSE GIRLFRIEND IS TAKEN BY A BLACKI, JUST FORGET IT AND LEARN HOW TO KEEP A GIRL, AND GO FOR OTHER GIRLS, U STILL HAVE THE CHANCE TO FIND ANOTHER ONE. I KNOW BLACK ARE FAST AND SKILLFUL FOOTBALL STRIKERS !

• Erik Aleksander Aas
    I am Human, I am African, I am Black. Analogous to any "other" man but for the color of my skin, my black skin.

Black skin is thick and lush, sensuous to the touch, like satin and velvet made flesh. There's no patch of skin on any "other" man's body that remotely compares to nearly every inch of a black man's skin. The first time a non-black woman caressed my caramel black skin, she said it felt like a luxury she shouldn't be able to afford. She craved it more strongly than a junkie craves her next fix. That phrase, "Once you go black, you never go back" is all about the feeling of the skin. (Or is it the phrase, "Once you go black, you need a wheelchair")

"Asian/white women in China don't go for black guys". That's a lie. The truth is, I attract about the same percentage of available white/asian women as I do black women (and that's not including the unavailable ones who want to play around anyway).

I want asian/white women. They want me. We look at one another and exchange a visible frisson of sexual energy in the lingering glances. And our attraction is based first on race. We are not those couples who "happen to fall in love" with someone of a different race or more purposefully come together but out of some greater sense of interracial understanding and respect. Not as politically-correct men and women do we seek one another out. The Internet has made it a lot easier for us to find each other now. Women write: seeking tall, dark, and handsome. Very dark. We are not the same people who say: Race is not important. It is important to us. We have race-specific desires.

Black men have more energy, style and edge than any "other" men. They know how to flirt, a nearly lost art among the rest of "malekind". A black man is so damned sexy because he knows how to make a woman feel sexy.
    Black men have something "other" guys don't have anymore: confidence in their masculinity, their sexuality. They clearly know they're men. "Other" men appear to be waiting for the latest sociological research study to let them know if they are men or not. Yet black men are gentlemen, something else "other" men no longer are. They make a woman feel like a woman, both respected and desired. With them women can let go of their inhibitions, their need to control, when they're with them. How many "other" men can treat a woman like a lady and ravish her too?
    Black men, so alive with erotic electricity, cut through sexual bubbles with a touch, a caress, a kiss and they free any woman and can truly touch them. A non-black lover once told me, in the heat of passion: "I am like a pampered passenger in a Porsche with an expert driver at the wheel. I know I could suggest a route change, but I never really want to do that".

Analyze the roots of attractions all you want, like scientists have done, and you won't come up with a perfect explanation for why we crave what we do. Desire rises from our depths and is gloriously oblivious to the good opinion of others!!

I am Human, I am African, I am Black. I am Exceptional, I am Alluring, I am Colossal. To those who tend to disagree - call someone that gives a fuck!

(Written exclusively for the benediction of James)
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    TO Mc PeteModa:

Question : why u rappin?

U think u are good enough at rappin?

So why u keep ya ass stuck here as moderator while u have so much talent to compete wit celebrities in West or East Coast?
    Being born American does not mean being able to rap, rap is not about written rhymes only, see where it comes from .. BTW am way too busy to spend time puttin' points on ies (i) for idle dreamers.. It's easy to rap but not to be a rapper

I will be back , hold on ..>>>
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    D. Rasta

You must be a hit at parties with your judgmental, overly-serious demeanor and strong whiff of pretentiousness.

Why am I rapping? Thanks for asking! It's an inside joke between myself and Yes Sir that doesn't require you to jump to conclusions or tease out any additional meaning.

But thanks for dropping by.

now I'm gonna eat some pasta, D. Rasta
    or perhaps some boiled cabasa
    which I ordinarily loath
    but here in CBD, they got both
    April Gourmet be just across the street
    where I glide over with my own two feet
    and as I wait in line
    I'll thinking about you wasting my time

*scratches record*

• Åse Marie Strand
    This turned out to be an interesting thread with a lot of insightful points. James, I hope that you fall in with a group of people over there that don't make those kinds of judgments.

I grew up in a state that is 96% white. I am half-South Korean and my parents are low-income. Middle school was a nightmare for me because of my classmates, damaging. My point is, most people judge other who are different. It's unfortunate but look at it this way James: personally, you have risen above that.
  • Ulrike Standau
    I remember a song from a german artist (Nana, I think the guy was called, maybe at the end of the 1990s) " I am a nigger for life, always judged by the cover, nigger for life, why do I have to suffer?" I agree to the point that people judge people for what they look like, but not for what they are or what they feel or what values they share. People should not look at others and judge them for their colour or cultural background. Thats stupid. Life would be easier if everybody could accept that every human being is something unique and should be treated as something of value. Unfortunately life is not that easy and every person has to suffer to a certain extend of being judge just by the cover.

Sorry, I think I can not explain very well, what I am trying to say.
  • Andrew Sunde
    Andrew Sunde wrote:
    我是nigger!不是barack obama!
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    i can not breath here,i had thought this was a tongue twister....... waht if u were not born with a silver spoon?,waht if u were born disabled? waht if u were naturally ugly? argue about what u can not changed, that is stupid..........my husband left me for a poor ugly old woman, that humiliates me...... but when times changed, when i now become the ugly old woman, i am so hypper about that./////haaaaaaaaa i mean for example........

anyway if u do not mind it,who will cares? my advice.......run far away from those who do not admire u assap. or fight? well do it when u are strong enough. by strong i mean the real one, the more complaining the weaker u are.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Haha well guys there is no reason for anyone to judge James in a negative way. The man is my personal friend, he is a gentleman and a scholar, he has philosophical papers published and he has presented his own philosophy papers at conferences with other PhD professors who are twice his age. His physical appearance and demeanor are very comfortable to be around and he is always open to intelligent conversation with people of any nationality or color.

The above is probably why he made this post. If people judge him for being black than it is a social problem because he does not even meet the stereotype associated with the "Angry Black Man" myth. If you judge a successful, mild mannered, light hearted, person for the color of his/her skin then there is a problem.
  • John
    John wrote:
    *yawn*

If this is your first year or you haven't even reached a year yet I advise you stay a bit longer. If you've been here for 2 years plus and still don't like it then its time to move on. It's funny for us Black men because back home we have no problems, but that's because our women actually want us...not all of us but most of us. We don't have to second guess ourselves. On the other hand, we're in Asia but we aren't Asian so we automatically become outcasts and it messes with us because its normal for a man to seek the approval/respect of his female peers regardless of race. That's just a part of human nature. So the result is often that we become weaker (in the dating game) compared to the white dudes because they're more in demand and therefore receive more "respect" in and out of a professional setting.

Women of different places have different preferences, its your job to figure out each woman you take interest into....that is if you have standards....
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    JAMES IS A STUPID PERSON, A RACIST CALLIND HIMSELF A BLACK WHILE HE IS ACTUALLY NOT. HE IS THE SAM PERSON IN THIS FORUM CALLING FOR CHINESE NOT TO MARRY A FOREIGNER ? IN READING JAMES, HIS STUPIDNESS TAKES ME BACK TO THE FIRST CENTURY. HIS MIND GOES AGAINST THE PRESENT UNITED WORLD WHERE PEOPLE SEE THEMSELVES AS A ONE BIG FAMILY.
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @James
    I believed u r cheered up already.
    but I still want to tell ya, those problems still exist in China, and nobody can change the situation in a short period of time, but it's not all what China's all about.
    Show some more patience and relax more. Don't struggle too much.
    If you get judged by some women by your skin color and rejected, hun, all I can say is IT'S NOT YOUR LOSS, run away from those bitches anyway.
    personally, I have several black friends in real life, they r real cool ppl.
    and I have several Chinese girlfriends who have black boyfriends, they all make cute couples and they are pretty happy together.
    all I want to say is: all kinds of ppl exist, it's your choice to get to know who.
  • Nadia Scheie
    Nadia Scheie wrote:
    black girls sexy and black man also handsome ,stylish~~
    whatever the color is~for me the important thing is person‘s taste~ personality~~
    want to win the trust,first show your quality~~~you just think too much~~
    even the gal doesn't holding your hand in pabulic, the reason not becos you ar a。。。。。its becos you ar a foreign~~~no matter black or white~~~
    haha ,how to define panda?
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    A simple mind uses simple concepts for understand the world, white/black, good/bad, we/they... thinking like babies
    If your mental age has a relation with real age, then you can see persons, instead only colours.
  • Ikevenson
    Ikevenson wrote:
    James man, life is hard for EVERYONE. you are cool, dont worry, just dont be so sensitive. ppl dont hate you, just some of the reputations and ppl that look like you.
    stay positive
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    Mc Pity DeMOlah!!

Testin' 1..2...3.... TUNED ?

• Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    Mc Pitiful Demond la

Testin' 1..2..3 ...
    \^^^/
    Signals' from THE PLACE !
  • Sofia
    Sofia wrote:
    Dear James, please feel sorry for and put ur mercy on those who treat u differently jst becoz of ur color for their pathetic ignorance, arogance and mind-distortion
    Hope God saves them,amen!
  • Joakim Madsen
    Joakim Madsen wrote:
    Sofia, JAMES is a Fiction from a coward to Blacks ! do not waste your Goodwill...
  • Sofia
    Sofia wrote:
    Goodwill is infinite i'd like abuse it to the world in case someone really needs it
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    @Sofia; Admire your take on goodwill, the world needs more people like you!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    It's a shame to see black dudes calling other black dudes' blackness into question. That's black on black crime, brothers. In some hazy and poorly-lit board room, The Man is smoking a cigar and laughing.
  • Ola Sande
    Ola Sande wrote:
    there's no point..white,black,others..we all human..so,shut fuck up..don't talk about that..my boyfriend is a black,what's that mean!!!..
  • Suleman Ahmed
    Suleman Ahmed wrote:
    @YES SIR. you are great !!! I completely agree with you...
  • wrote:
    James,

这是一个很好的讨论。我假定你是一个合格的PhD candidate可以完全理解我写的中文。
    但是前提是定义什么是“racism”或者“racist”。在中国社会中,人们的确对深色肤色的人存在一种天生的不喜欢,审美角度来说,中国人喜欢“一白遮百丑”。不过我倒是看到很多帅气的黑人男士和漂亮的性感的黑人女士,不过我个人认为文化和种族的差异不可能短时间消失,就算是美国、欧洲等已经有黑人存在数百年的国家,跨文化和跨种族的婚姻交往依然是有问题的。

你在中国遇到的问题,更多是一个缺少相互交流和交往的问题,我以前公司同一个部门有一个Nigerien,他在吉林大学学习了6年,可以讲流利的中文,我们从来没觉得和他有隔阂,我觉得有个首要的问题就是语言的交流,你能觉得一个中国人不会讲英文去美国会很容易在美国的社会行动吗?与其说是你的肤色,不如说是相互的交流,大家交流多了,有了认识自然隔膜就会减少。

你说有中国女孩不会选择,因为这个就算是种族问题吗?很有趣,按照这个道理,我这个中国人在中国遇到的歧视比你多多了。换句话,干嘛非找个中国女孩?

中国文化中对世界人类的认识:孔夫子:四海之内皆兄弟。
    事实上这个国家的文化并不封闭,不过现代的中国反而需要时间解决国际化的问题,但是绝对不是西化。

你谈到的种族问题,更高的是一个经济和文化的事实,因为人的经济和文化的差异导致的对不同事物的认识是一个客观存在。就像前面有人提到,为什么有部分白色人种的人更喜欢在中国呢?我觉得更多是Money Talks。

但是我相信,你在中国交往一般的朋友仍然比你在美国交往上层的白人要容易,前提是你可以接受一般中国人的世俗和对生活的理解。
  • wrote:
    你或许可以期待一个孔子说的:大同世界,那时候不存在种族和民族,自然不存在任何种族问题了。
  • Børge Notkevich
    My ex is black, and I was proud to call him my boyfriend back in the days.
    I think one day everyones going to be the same colour :)
  • Albulena Imeri
    Glad seeing some replies on this post. I love black ppl.
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    well well well .........what am i supposed to do to attest i am so not a racist? have a blackman be my bf ?.................i can put up with the complainings, i can endure the stuborn retards, i wonnt be tolerant of the assimilation. so do not force me to be a real racist..................ha
  • Albulena Imeri
    @amber: pretty much.
  • Runar Korneliussen
    umm angela, how can everyone in the world be the same color?
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    I think it takes one with an open mind to know what he is. I do not think James is Black too. I am BLACK, to be exact, a Jamaican breed. But i am in China and feel greatly confortable. The few Chinese that we still call racists are the ones that do not know how the world moves. I feel greatly proud when i walk onto the train and all the attention is on me. I feel great when my lady Chinese boss has to come to me for advise all the time. You only need to show that you are smarter. I enjoy the way the so called racist treat us. It will always make us a mysterious breed. All in all, i do not think they are racists. A racist can never even allow you in his country and offer you the smallest of jobs there. The few here that we call racists are just arogant and shallow minded. As for women, you should know that a man's beauty to a lady is his wallet. No matter your color, if you have dime, you will get many ladies here. A black friend in one of the universities here has more than five ladies, four of which are Chinese and very beautiful. Not those skinny ones. A Chinese lady who loves a black man here in Beijing is that that has true love, not the one looking for money. So honourable James, i just think you are not man enough. Stand out tall and show what you are. I am the only foreigner in my company, but black . I do things but reverve some to myself so that the boss feels i am indespensable at the company. That is what it means to be smart.
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    You got the point COOL, what u said is perfectly right
    James, whatever the skin color he got, just wanted to raise this issue to put us in trouble with the Chinese community and/or our white fellow bro which is not easy man, u got the wrong Niggers to agree with u in ur damn nonsense topic. I got a bunch of White and Chinese friends and we call each other Nigger. Being Nigger now it's just a concept a way of thinking a philosophy, as Leopold Sedar Senghor said "Négritude ( the concept of Nigger) was by no means—as it has in many quarters been perceived—an anti-white racism, but rather emphasized the importance of dialogue and exchange among different cultures." So Nigger we are and Nigger we'll be.
    Big up to all my negas...
  • Kamilla Bjørnøy
    @YES SIR. wrote :
    You are a Black, but think that you can't get Back
    Don't cheat yourself, instead treat yourself

You are a White,but think that you can always be right

You are a Yellow,but think that you can't go down
    ===========================================
    Nice Lyrics Yes Sir. i love it and who can say this Lyrics come from another rapper ??
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    James I ain't going to insult you...
    I respect myself but what I'm sure about is if sometime we meet face to face u'll dare not insult me. I'm and I'll be upfront with u, the Thread u posted is bullshit from up to down and right to left.
    Now just Freeze
    Like a disease
    Rhinoceros Pizzle

Peace out...
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    man,I have to say sth, Im a pure Chinese gal, I do speak black english, I do study black culture,Im dating with a black guy, but the point is I respect everyone in this world, I have totally no idea if u r black, but listen, if u r black, jst respect urself first, there r many kinds of people in diz damn world, so u cant say sth like Chinese r racist or European is racist, if u really enjoy saying that, plz say: some people is racist. However, if u r not black, jst f*ck off, dnt f*ck up here, and shut up plz. man i really dnt know what kind of shits happened on u . but jst be strong n' be a black (if u r ), black people r strong, finally, some of Chinese people r racist, coz they aint high educated, keep being black if u r. peace
  • Kamilla Bjørnøy
    ahaha clearly !!! and try to make up yr damn beard..
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    Mr Yes, Sir, Im here for protecting da relation between black n' chinese, is that a nice reason?lool yeah im still here..its already morning ..but i still up!!!!!!damn.
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    man, hope u r a black, not someone who jst got drunk
    u aint respect himself, but it aint mean we did sth totally wrong.
    nothing can shut ur passion down, coz i know u black guys r bloody strong
    keep going for those RnB songs, never give up screaming with ur lung
    u r black, so jst being proud.
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    Lool Mr whatever yes, sir lyrical, , jst check Miss Mengmeng's lyrics looooool
  • Mengmeng
    Mengmeng wrote:
    Lool Mr whatever yes, sir lyrical, , jst check Miss Mengmeng's lyrics looooool
  • Miller
    Miller wrote:
    @Thorstan Fries wrote :I hate to shatter your dreamworld like this
    ===========
    Look i saw already that lyrics but the words is not cresting by 2pac ,, anyone can took the words ,,
    YES SIR. put his part and his part is betterrr then 2pac part ...
    i love your lyrics YES SIR, u're great !!
  • Petter Meisfjordskar
    I just feel bad that i am a natural black. I wish i was as black as coal. It would have added more meaning to me, and make me happier here in Beijing. Nigaz are strong always, it is a shame to James. My point is clear. The Chinese are not racist, but some that you think are, are just arrogant and have not yet known how the wold moves. I can not blame them because China was closed up to the outside would for many years. I love dem my Chinese friends. Niga for life i will be and really proud. I wish i could make my teeth black too!!!!!!! Hahhaa

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.