Discussion » Nonsense » Is life fair ?

• El.Manu
    El.Manu wrote:
    Keeping smiling, talking, laughing, trying to do your best, working, living..
    Still Life is still messing with you.. All goes wrong when you think it was going well..
    So unfair. No balance .. -_-'

• Xx
    Xx wrote:
    life is not fair,just get what u want
  • Celine Aronsen
    life is just life~for me, i never try to complain , even though there r unfair stuff~as long as u know what u want and what u do...

Keeping smiling, talking, laughing, trying to do your best, working, living..that's all we gotta do...
  • Miriam Pedersen
    I have no idea, which part of your life is not fair for you. I just know that unless you get your ass up and change it, it's gonna pretty likely stay as it is.
  • Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    ^ Agreed.
  • Einsteinna
    Einsteinna wrote:
    Maybe that is called "what goes around comes around"...
    Dont worry..everything will gonna be all right , if you try your best to overcome the difficults!! -)
    cheer up!!
  • Amanda Lyngesen
    i ll never give up. and i keep it right. it s just a saying... Just try to make sens about affect us and why it happens;) .
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    life has been existing long before our minds learnt what "fair" means, thus life does not shape itself to suit our understanding of how things should be idealy. to make it work for ourself in life, we should accept how things are and make the best out of if for our own sake. in the end life will go on no matter if we want to live with it or not.
  • Brusch
    Brusch wrote:
    Is life fair ?
    Nobody knows. The question is:
    What do you think life is expecting from you?
  • Miriam Pedersen
    "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women." - Conan the Barbarian
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    there will lost so many funs if the life is fair.

Why you are healthiness but some body no?Why you were jealoused by other poorer,shorter,thiner, Uglier people?
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    dont complain!Take your time,and enjoy the game called "life" just going onece
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    Life is not fair.
    we're born not to happy.
    but to feel the suffer in this world.
    u must suffer first or do something with hard work to get the happiness.
    life sucks,life is cruel.
    it's all about pain.
  • Amanda Lyngesen
    Guess you must know what it bitter to understand what is sweet...
  • Veronica
    Veronica wrote:
    Bitter with sweet - I guess thats what life is...
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    bitter sweet is black chocolate
  • Xiaoli
    Xiaoli wrote:
    life is not fair.
    fair is not life.
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    "Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it. "
  • Sara Elise Fladmark Seland
    Life isn't fair, and I think there's no payback or reward for all the crap we need to take in this world..
  • Noprobnisouci
    Noprobnisouci wrote:
    "Hakuna matata" (Yuki nice song)
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Sometimes chocolate has a sweet taste, and sometimes chocolate has bitter taste......
    life is life,it's sweet+ sour +bitter +hot...................i'd like to enjoy®ale on every taste....That is perfect life....
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
  • Samansa
    Samansa wrote:
    life is a cup of water
  • Joakim Berg Solum

Sure, life is fair. People who know how to take advantage win. People who go on and on about how life is not fair lose.

"The fact is that a man who wants to act virtuously in every way necessarily comes to grief among so many who are not virtuous."
    -Niccolo Machiavelli
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    @Jon: Niccolo Machiavelli Italian historian???
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Italian writer, best known for the book "The Prince." Good stuff, if a bit hard core. Not so much a historian as much as a political philosopher... now days we say something is "Machiavellian" when we mean that it's harsh and cold but effective.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    oh ...Machiavellian use Machiavellianism. is really cool word...Cheers jon
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    just let it go
  • Vera Luo
    Vera Luo wrote:
    I agree with HumphreY

to me , life is fair, all the time ...
  • ANN
    ANN wrote:
    life is not fair.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    be happy is consume, i learnt this in Sesame Street
    Elmo said that the money is important for consume, and also said: work!!!!! have a job!!! when the money of your salary, after pay the rent, the food,the oil.... after all these, then, with this money you can buy things and be happy, like in the announces in tv and in the movies...

happy life = have money for consume

Money is the key:

Gold? yellow, glittering, precious gold? No, gods,
    I am no idle votarist: roots, you clear heavens!
    Thus much of this will make black white, foul fair,
    Wrong right, base noble, old young, coward valiant.
    Ha, you gods! why this? what this, you gods? Why, this
    Will lug your priests and servants from your sides,
    Pluck stout men's pillows from below their heads:
    This yellow slave
    Will knit and break religions, bless the accursed,
    Make the hoar leprosy adored, place thieves
    And give them title, knee and approbation
    With senators on the bench: this is it
    That makes the wappen'd widow wed again;
    She, whom the spital-house and ulcerous sores
    Would cast the gorge at, this embalms and spices
    To the April day again. Come, damned earth,
    Thou common whore of mankind, that put'st odds
    Among the route of nations, I will make thee
    Do thy right nature.

(Timon of Athens, ACT IV - SCENE III)

God Bless this system !!!
  • Ulrike Standau
    There is a saying in Germany (I'll try to translate it later on) "Und aus dem Chaos sprach eine Stimme zu mir: Lächle und sei froh, es könnte schlimmer kommen. Und ich lächelte und war froh ... und es kam schlimmer".
    And here the translation, somehow: "Out of chaos a voice was speaking to me: Smile and be glad, it could be worse. And I smiled and I was glad ... and it be kam worse."

Life seems not to be fair at all time, but there is always a chance to change things, to make the wrong right. I had a lot of mess to clean up during my life, even it's not been that long so far, but there's always something u can fight for.
    If you give up, u loose, if you fight there's a chance to win.
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia wrote:
    life is fair.you always get something form lose something.and you always lose something from get soemthing.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Life? My guess is that you are not talking about "daily life", but life as a whole ... and as soon as you use the word "fair", which is a comparative term, you are comparing yourself to other people ... people with better job, better love life, better homes, better something and better everything ...

I have been asking myself that type of questions for many years since I was 8 years old, after my grandfather's death, and then my father's one year later, and then my own car accident another year after ... question such as "why do the other kids have more toys", "why do the other kids have father", "why do the other kids this and that" ...

These continued when more of my family members passed away, and I was still a teenager ...

After not getting any answers (hahaha, kind of like my many other questions), but had observed myself and the people around me, I came to realise that each of our lives had been pre-written somewhere, including how we will grow up, what we will learn, whom we will meet and who will "leave" us, what we will do etc ... I believe that when we talk about "changing our lives", we are just unconsciously following this path (or "story line") of this pre-written text ...

So to answer your question ... I suggest stop comparing yourself against other people, and stop using (or thinking about) comparative terms such as "fair", "good" etc ... just live it out to the max, follow your heart and also your brain ... enjoy the happiness and achievement, and live through any sadness and unhappy events ...

• Per- Helge Pedersen
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    命自我作,福自我求。life is 公平 的 很。
  • Julie Ameln
    Julie Ameln wrote:
    Compared to what
  • Patrick Coleman
    yeah lifes not fair
    death is..... '(

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.