Discussion » Beijing Life » Good work-friendly cafe's and places

• Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Ever had that "I have to get the f**k out of this office!" feeling? Yea, me too. So I decided to start going out more, working from different locations around town. So the question is:

What's your favorite place(s) to work from?

PS! Feel free to add your opinion on service, food, coffee's, seats/laptop friendly tables, music, Wi-fi speed, power socket availability and other pro's and con's :-)
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Oh, and of course location and link to listing or website. I live in Sanlitun, so anything around here would be nice.. :-)
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Checked out The Bookwork today. Fair prices, ok coffee, lots of books (duh), nice, funky music, good ambience and damn sucky internet connection :P
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    My favorite place for work:

Library Cafe in Jian Wai SOHO, perfect environment, four floors, big windows, really really big table, simple but warm design...and with lots of design books(Ok...just some).. but the food is so so, I just drink milk tea there.

Xiao Xin Cafe, Zhazha Cafe in Nanluoguxiang, ginger tea is wonderful..and lots of magazine i like...but time to time noisy a bit during holidays or weekends.

Neverland Cafe in Wanda...probably the nearest to Sanlitun, wonderful....just wonderful.

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    oh...how about One Way Street bookshop in SOLANA? The first floor is a bookshop, second floor is the cafe, some journalist working there.
  • Joakim Lund Rangel
    bookworm, lush (if you happen to be in wu), herbal cafe, solo mio (in the summer)
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    Bookworm is too noisy. the coasta in 3.3 is good, not very crowded. I don't like crowded cafes, you just can't concentrate.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    It's a pity the Rickshaw is closed, Ole. It would've suited your needs quite well. Not too busy (except for weekends), inexpensive and free wireless internet.

In that area? Except for the Bookworm, the best I can think of is Starbucks.

If you were still based in Wudaokou I would suggest Helens Cafe. They also have free internet and your 10 kuai cup of coffee has unlimited free refills. The food is good, and cheap too.
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Cool, I'll try to check these places out soon :-)

Peter: I'm trying to avoid places that turns into drinking holes in late evening ;-) And rickshaw was a bit cold in early evening I think.. But their food was very good :-) Been to Helens Cafe, great alternative to Lush when you are in Wu (for first timers: just pass Pyro and continue down the street (300m) and its there)
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Talking about Wu, when I lived up there my favorite place beside Lush was The Bridge café or Sculpting In Time (SIT) just beside The Bridge.
  • Andreas Moeller
    where is the library cafe in Jianwai Soho??

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.