Discussion » Nonsense » Wow, a chinese girl bought me a drink!

• HumphreY
    HumphreY wrote:
    Last weekend I went doing party with some new friends of mine. Usually on such occasions it's the guys in the group who pay the drinks (at least based on my personal experience with chinese friends). Last weekend I happened to be the only guy with three girls (could be worse I know). So I was prepared for a big spending that night.

As usual, the first round went on me. But when I finished telling the retarded bar man the second shipment, one of the girls suddenly said something I have never heared from the month of a chinese girl since I arrived in Beijing "Hey, this one is on me! You already paid for the first!". I was so impressed at that moment, I really let her pay. At least, it was sexy as hell from my perspective. Well, don't know whether it's just a new, advanced seduction technique or a sign of wonder. Anyway, she definitely made a big leap upward on my hot-babe scale.

Well, I still ended up with someone else that night. But that girl definitely cought my attention. Could it really be? A "nice" chinese girl? In this city???

Well, thank you for reading. Hopefully with a healthy sense of humor.

Cheers,

Hump
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    i remember u put a high value on urself.

u know what? now i think u earn it.
  • Miriam Pedersen
    I'm just a simple guy in a complex world.

But I know how to recognize a classy girl....ehm sry,..woman. :)
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Sometimes girls will buy drinks or meals to demonstrate that they're not letting you buy themselves. I've never maintained any kind of a relationship with a girl who hasn't paid for something by the second time we went out (I guess this would equal the third drink in the case of 1ns). Where are you normally going that girls don't pay for things?
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Let me just say places where it is common for girls not to pay for anything, because they are usually hot enough to get some guys paying for them.

That's why I was surprised when that girl basically broke the rule. But you might have a point there. Maybe she tries to demonstrate personality because she would like to start a relationship with me. ;)
  • Patrick Coleman
    well what happened to me one time a girl booked a hotel for me after my flight from suzhou to bj that is really a surprised, wait till it happen to you!!!. chinese girls are amazing.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Humphrey, I SINCERELY don't mean this to be insulting, but it really isn't that hard to find a Chinese girl who will buy you a drink, pick up the dinner bill, ect. It's not a novelty.

Glad it made you happy, though.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

Errr...then it seems that soooo many girls would like to start a relationship with me? hehe. Anyway, Im glad that u can always fantasizing sth ;) Well, let's not turning this forum a "douche park" OK? girls are laughing

• SFB
    SFB wrote:
    Maybe she'll buy you a Pancake tonight.....

The Great Hilton Beijing Pancake Race. Tonight 6pm!!
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Well, Its just I havent met a Chinese girl yet who is willing to pay the drinks for four people she hardly knows. But yeah, maybe I overinterpreted the situation. Seem I seriously need to check out other locations.

Hehe, maybe the pancake Race would be a real good start. But unfortunately I'm not
    in Beijing now.
  • KIANU.Lee
    KIANU.Lee wrote:
    wats the big deal..? ha my chinese friends often treat me..yeah..right they r rich ppl..ha
  • Miriam Pedersen
    I don't think she was "rich". That word has gone quite
    fubar in china, anyway.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    It's so lame when people plug their products and/or services under the guise of joining a conversation (pancakes this, pancakes that).

No offense.

And completely agree with Peter: It's not entirely uncommon for women to pick up the tab when it comes to a drink or two.

Most Chinese people -- including females -- are down to earth, unpretentious and "nice." I'm growing increasingly confused at the sheer number of men who possess such a low opinion of this country's females, viewing them as haughty little bitches.

Where does that stem from?
  • Miriam Pedersen
    From places like 秀 and Maggie's.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Maybe becoz some men think the population of China is around 100, so when he saw 20-30, he think he can draw a conclusion:)
  • KIANU.Lee
    KIANU.Lee wrote:
    HumphreY ~ 秀 is no more funny..65f is better..i think..^^
  • Miriam Pedersen
    All pickup cubs are no fun believe me. Why should you spend thousands of RMBs every night on some sluts? There is no point doing it, unless of course you are new to town and don't have friends.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I dunno. It just seems elitist (and presumptuous) to label all big box clubs as "pick up clubs" and the people who frequent them as "players, whores and sluts."

Some nightcrawlers prefer the bland uniformity of large clubs that offer the stereotypical clubbing experience: beautiful people, club bangers (the hottest mainstream radio hits, that is) and a huge dance floor.

None of which make a club a venue for prostitution. Stacked with hormonal folks, yes. But packed with individuals selling their bodies, no.

Methinks the gentlemen who constantly accuse the fairer sex of lasciviousness are a) jealous because they're single; b) bitter over the few times they were rebuffed by females and c) natural misogynist knuckle-draggers.
  • Miriam Pedersen
    Hi Pete,

I can't remember anyone labeled all big box clubs as "pick up clubs", but the few I mentioned definitely are. And unfortunately these are the "frontline" clubs newcomers most likely to end up on their first night in Beijing (not talking about students here). I speak from my own experience. Spent 1000 RMB the first night in Maggie's. It was fun but all very "commercial". I think you know what I mean. And that's quite sad for Beijing. These clubs are not representative for the city's night scene, but they are truely bad propaganda for Beijing, putting a world-class city to shame.

Hm...how can I make you understand what I mean in the first place. Well, let's try this way:

Imagine someone googled for beijing nightlife and landed on this website by accident. Further imagine that guy made the mistake to meagerly invest five minutes scanning the recent threads in the forum. That person could easily consider what he sees as a cross-section of Beijing party folks in online mode. A preposterous virtual space full of bored chinese teens trying hard to display their non-existent personal ego for virtual sale and nerd foreigners not knowning what to do with their leisure day-time. A space full of threads where voyeurism and sexual vulgarity dominate and talking nonsense is considered chic.

And like in the real world, spending more time in this community (if you have time), you will find that not everything here is as rotten as it seems at first glance. With time you get trained in identifying quality threads and use the dumb ones for your own amusement (reminding youself about how precious it is to be healthy-minded). You get to value statements from smart people like Peter and Kodi and to laugh with pity about certain retarded individuals here (sry no names).

And still after a long time, you could be caught in surprise by a real smart statement made in an otherwise completely dumb thread. That suprise comes pretty close to my reaction mentioned in my story above, I would say.

So aye. Hopefully, everyone is reasonable enough to take it with a good sense of humor.

Cheers,

Hump

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I understand, Hump. I should clarify that my comments weren't directed at you, per say, but rather as a blanket response to the prevailing attitude found within dozens of recent threads that box clubs are the breeding grounds for prostitutes and that the Chinese women found within are haughty little bitches.

Hope this clarifies things.
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    A girl who said "it s my turn to pay", make me think that she s not a bitch and well educated, she become a Lady. Very good for her, i definitely meet several girls like that in beijing. Thanks to them.
    But that s true, that a lot of girls in this town enjoy to eat ur purse. Is it a problem of the chinese society or something that we can find everywhere? yes, we can all answer, that bitches are everywhere, maybe more here than here or there than there, but... why?
    society roots? the base of our history was build by men. And in a lot of cultures, women were just there to serve or were use as money by families. In china or in europe in middle age, girl was married to a family by interest! compare to an object or a goods. This is always in the head of many women in this society. Maybe these people didn t receive enough education to be able to think, or to have respectable value.
    but that s enough! many girls should wake up and stop to think as bitches, and try to be independent. Don t stop ur carrier for ur husband, work hard, and don t forget that ur ass one day will be old and will stop to save u. jiā yóu
  • Miriam Pedersen
    It surely does. Thanks.

Admittedly, I provoked stereotyping with my own thread title. Will do better next time. :)
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Cool cool.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.