Discussion » Nonsense » To everyone who has glasses: I am a new glasses we

• Laura Lemire
    Laura Lemire wrote:
    I am 24-years-old and recently got my first pair of glasses because my vision is near sighted. I have only had them for a week but have been experiencing some weird things when I take them off. I am wondering if what I am experiencing is normal to a new glasses wearer such as myself and if this is temporary or just something I am going to have to deal with:

I have been having "phantom limb syndrome," experiencing the feeling of the weight of my glasses on my face when they are in fact not on my face at all. I have also been seeing phantom frames around my field of vision. (I am studying perception right now and am not sure if this is my eyes trying to adjust to having to look through frames all day or because my peripheral vision is simply being affected by having to wear glasses).

So what do you think guys?
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Completely normal. I recall stuff like that happening to me when I was outfitted with my first spectacles as a third grader.

While I've since switched to contact lenses, I hope to don a monocle in due time.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Glasses on my nose for 35+ years ...

Like Pete said, this is quite normal, but having NOT worn glasses for 20+ years, you will need some time to get used to it ...

My guess is that yours is the metal frame on display in your photo gallery, right? It does not seem to be titanium, so it may be a bit heavy ... but keep them on at all time, and you will be OK in a few weeks ...

• Åse Marie Strand
    Thanks guys, this is totally reassuring. It is driving me a bit batty but if it passes within a few weeks, I can rough it out.

Pete: If you get a monocle, you should get a matching cane. For serious :)
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @laura lemire
    why don't u try contact lenses?
    glasses are generally bad for the blood circulation of that area anyway~~~
    I use this brand called "clearallday", quite nice, u can nap with them and no drop's needed.
    PS. BLCU's got this store, best deals u can get in Beijing~~~
    let me know if u need any help ^_^ good luck~~~
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Yes Candy Good idea! and Lenses can make up your looks better. Totally agree Candy : btw are you got home already ? and Happy CNY ! hehe see ya soon when you back here!
  • Chun Chun
    Chun Chun wrote:
    I think that's normal. Sometimes I even try to push my glasses up when I'm actually wearing contact lenses.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... according to Laura's profile, she is currently in States, so perhaps a bit too far from reaching BLCU ...
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Candy - I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but I have a huge aversion to putting anything in or near my eyes. I have friends who have put in contact lens right in front of me, and I shudder every time. I don't know why, but the very action is disturbing to me. I could never wear contacts because of this, which is why I opted for glasses (and fortunately, I think I can pull them off). Strange, I know.

叮噹叔叔 - Nice observation.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    hey Laura : if you got a fashion glasses also cool .. like red, blue or black frame glasses !
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Blair - the only draw back for me so far is the fact that I love hats, wear them all the time, and now I am concerned about my face being covered (like seriously) but my friends have reassured me that I can rock both :)
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    yes i trust you can.. lol

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.