Discussion » Nonsense » HOW MANY HAVE U SCORED IN VICS ??????

• Ms.VICS
    Ms.VICS wrote:
    hahahha well i think i scored 3 or 4 guys they arent bad at all lol,tell me about u guys.i love crazy stories
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    wow.cool.
  • 张一驰
    张一驰 wrote:
    I agree with Peter.
    The pathetic thing about China right now is that the MORALITY does not seem exist anymore.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Vics and those kinds of bars are too dangerous, and because they all have mafia-style management, don't think the police are going to help you.

My friend got pushed into a table by a drunk idiot, and the bar tried to make him pay for the table, when he refused, they said "give us your credit card or we are going to kick your ass"

• Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Prostitutes Wooooo hoooooo! Ummm no thanx. I prefer a sweet girl who I know and is not after the little money I do have. BTW girls in those types of places are usually not worth talking too. If they are able to carry an interesting conversation perhaps they may get a second interview, but it is not a guarantee. Just kidding, but Vics and Mix are not places to pick up quality women. Book store, and grocery store are statistically better places to find someone worth connecting with.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Mafia style management can kiss my ass : )
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    haha.... Book and grocery store or library are statistically better places to find someone worth connecting with....

VIC=flies in flight like a V S= too much.... lol
  • Alex
    Alex wrote:
    How many have you scored in Vics?
    Well...this post makes clear why I don't like Vics at all.
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    thank u all for the reply i just want to know how u all think about VICS and have to change the image of "THAT",i hope the next month when u go to VICS THERE WILL BE A CHANGE BECAUSE OF U GUYS THANKS . :)
  • Alex
    Alex wrote:
    To be fair...in my early twenties I did this kind of game and sometimes was more concerned about quantity rather than quality. Now I have other concepts and preferences.

I would say people have different concepts of fun according to their age and/or minds.
  • Sofia
    Sofia wrote:
    don't like noisy places
    i'd better sit in front of my PC playing games or practise my koto
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    THANK U ALL FOR THE REPLY ,WELL TO M.PETER ,FIRST VICS IS NOT A WHORE HOUSE AND THANKS TO U EVERYBODY AGREE ON U,AND HOW THE HELL U KNOW THEY ARE WHORES ????HAVE U EVER TRIRED OHHH NOOO SORRY FOR POINTING IT OUT.WELL I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW U ALL LIKE ABOUT VICS ,AND WHAT CAN WE DO TO BRING U ALL BACK AGAIN TO PARTY OR JUST SIT AROUND WITH FRIENDS GIVE US A CHANCE .THANKS
  • ALK
    ALK wrote:
    Ms.VICS you are just hopeless...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Ms Vics or Mr Vics or whatever u r this is not a wise idea of how to implement the Sex Sells Theory
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Oh it is not her fault. Perhaps she only works for them. Everyone has to make a living you know. No reason to show hostility toward her.

BTW Mrs. VICS: Actually you do not need to try if you look like you may have a little cash. I have had women walk up to me and touch me in places that equal sexual harassment and then solicit themselves to me in VICS. However, we understand that Beijing is a huge city and it is obvious that some thugs may or may not have something to do with prostitutes working clubs around Beijing and those thugs may or may not have friends in management positions, or they may or may not make under the table deals with people who can either pay attention to the problem or not. It is really out of our power. Prostitutes fulfill a need. They have a niche market. Some guy looks lonely and she will brighten up his day and lighten his wallet. No problem because I am not the guy she is picking up.

We cannot stop people from acting like rock stars and stop rock stars from acting like people. A club is a place for a certain crowd. It may not help to try to get the business man, college professor, or computer nerd more than once a year. It is not exactly a place one should make a habit of going to. Not to say it is not fun every once in a while, but i am sure even working there gets hard on a person. Just look at the attitude of some of those security guys. I used to work as club security, so I know what it is all about. However I considered myself a host and I was never an asshole to anyone, even if I had to throw them out. Perhaps some classes in how to be a gentleman host would be a plus for the security. : ) Good luck with work.

• Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    thank u for understanding Kodi well i just want VICS to be a place ppl can enjoy ALK u are saying im hopeless thank u on that hahahahha.i think thats a motive for me to work harder .VICS wants to know what do u all think positive and negetives,so let it out everyone that would make it easier for everyone rite.with ur advice we can make VICS a better place to go ,and u would want to go with friends once in awhile ,not like oh shit that whore house .....................................................
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Ms. Vics,

If I "score" in vicks and get AIDS from one of your xiaojies, can I send you my hospital bill?

Or at least a free table?

Or a buy one xiaojie get one free?
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Ms Vics 你到底是男的还是女的?
  • Garrett B
    Garrett B wrote:
    I actually find the security at Vics pretty chill. In my experience, times where they could have acted with force or violence have been approached (at least initially) with patience. Why yes, I will certainly stop sitting on the stage. Thank you for asking politely instead of pulling me off by the trachea. That's more than I can say for other places (coughGT Bananacoughcough). 'Scuse me.

That said though, people have different experiences, and it only takes one bad one (i.e. Shane's friend's table problem) to ruin the whole venue for them. Vics isn't my #1 favorite club in Beijing, but at least when I go there, I don't feel like the security is waiting for me to spill a drink so they can break my face. I've had a pretty consistent good time at Vics, but that's not everybody's experience.

Besides, clubs are not for guys. Guys, you should know this. Clubs are for girls. Guys go because there are girls there. Let's be honest: Even if you're not trying to "pick up," girls make the party a party. Guys are mostly bored (and therefore boring) in clubs until they drink enough. Some guys break the mold, but if you catch yourself complaining "the music is too loud," or "you can't find a quality girl in clubs, they're all sluts," then chances are clubs are not for you. That's fine. Despite what's marketed to us, you are not a social and sexual failure if you don't tear it up every night at Da Cluhbb.

I will complain about one thing: When I come at 4:00am and there's still a 50rmb cover, that's a pain in the ass. I don't like covers anyway, but when the club is going to close in an hour anyway, just let me in.
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    VICS!!!

Here is the the REAL topic I will debate... VICS was kool at the beginning, but when the shallow-assed management started charged entry at two different levels, that is the time when real melomen pushed the " ban it " button...

THE FOLLOWING STORY IS TRUE :

Just a month or so ago, I decided to get back on track to Vics with a Friend from New york who wanted to explore the corner's hot spots...
    SInce I am living a bit far (shuangjing), I had to tell another friend to go with this visitor to VIcs and I was going to find them inside cuz it was a pretty cold Friday night...
    At the entrance, them guys got Charged 100 KUAI while the normal entry is just 50 KUAI in ordinary days...
    When I got off to the spot, some loathsome blank minded black vest-clad staff showed a Dest pad mention 100Kuai for the entry, and my friends inside the club had already paid.
    ME being quite familiar to the spot, got 50 kuai from my wallet and handle it to the lady who requested 50 more..hehe
    I laughed first and then answered a call from guys inside ..it is at this time that I saw the group of "Regulars" giving 50 kuai when the young lady showed the other side of the pad marked with 50 kuai.
    Then my anger rose, and I came back to the DESK, asked for the Top manager .....they mumbled for a moment and then called someone with a talkie who came out from inside..another yound lady , with her Baobab-like body guard..
    I gave her a few minutes customer service course and then vowed to pay 50 for all of my friends..
    She resisted for a moment and then ordered that I be given favor.. I said no, my friends also had to receive the same Treatment..
    I threaten to make the case public on all active forums in Beijing' online communities and they took me to the corner for a peaceful settlement. And we of course paid 50 kuai!!!!

THIS WAS AN ATTEMPT OF DISCRIMINATION FOR NEW COMERS, SO U GUYS MIND ENTERING VICS NEXT TIME .

NB: Iam entering more cosy clubs, more expensive and it's the malhonest style that I had to fight against ,,,not for myself but all people you do not know about the entry fee and who could be victims of those thieves in black as a so-called management..
    I swore that I wouldn't let it go so smooth for those rogues without any sense of morality, so that's why u guys readin' me here, and I hope this will serve as a red signal..
  • Garrett B
    Garrett B wrote:
    Actually I can support what Alban says. I've been there before a number of times where I had to tell the management that one of my black friends was, in fact, my friend before they'd let him in. They always wanted to charge him 100rmb to get in. This was on free nights (I find it too crowded on Friday/Saturday). He and other black guys I know have had this problem every time they go to Vics. I've heard of the same thing often happening for Kazakh (or Kazakh-looking) guys.

Shameless racism is definitely a bigger issue than the cover at 4:00 am that I was complaining about.
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    STORY (REMIX)

Inside the club, one of the staff members in black realized how shaky we made the place with our " WU TANG CLAN styled dance that attracted all beauties and jellied the whole atmosphere , and at then the dude came to me to compensate with a friendly tap on my shoulder and grinned and left, I my way home , they all hailed me with a byebye at the GATE....AN EYE 4 AN EYE sometimes can help see clearer..
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    *Snort* Good to hear from the Temperance Society...

• Joakim Berg Solum
    Interesting, I never knew about the whole racism issue. It doesn't affect me directly, but makes me reconsidering going back there
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    LET'S NOT VEER FROM THE REAL DEBATE!!

In fact I do not say whether this was racism , cuz some blacks dudes paid 50 kuai and got in , I'd rather say it was based on acquaintance ... Those who look familiar paid 50 kuai those who do not , they would show you the 100kuai side..G
    Garret account maybe own experience but I never been discriminated so far based on my apperance ...or I would simply put the point on the i..
    VICS cannot discriminate against BLACKS cuz what they have and what you do is FROM BLACKS FOLKS, let's BE CLEAR on THIS!!

IF there is racism rather acquaintance based discrimination, I would be glad to go and go see how it operates next time ...

TO GARRETT: Do not take my story to another level .. this is true , not fabricated!!!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Clearly based on acquaintance! Last time I went to VICS, we were 5, led by a black guy and all got in for free when the others had to pay.
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Wu tang style dancing? Is that a form of chinese traditional dance? ;) haha
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Shane stop trippin.....
  • Hariwan Zebari
    Once they let me in and tried to charge one of my Chinese friend even on a free days ... i was told they're more keen on letting foreigner for free and charge Chinese ppl ...
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    @Alban: I want to learn that Wu Tang style dance you talkin about. It does'nt sound like the Southern two step we pick up in Louisiana.

Back on subject: I was recently pondering the possibility of doing my thesis on "Trans National and Trans Cultural Racism" in foreign countries. China is the focus of my bachelors degree, so I only see it fitting to start in China. I do see a lot of these instances of racism in China. C'mon there is straight up racism against Chinese by Chinese here in some places. It would be interesting to document and research. I am part of this generation, so it would be interesting to study this in our own environments that do not normally get exposure. The club is part of our society, so it should also serve as an arena for sociological work.

As pervasive as the problem is it goes far beyond our 50 or 100rmb at the door. The powers that be cannot hide the truth from us forever. The only thing we can do is stand for what is right without violence while settling for nothing less than justice.

I wonder why they would charge some more than others? I would like to know what the motivation is behind this policy.
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    hahhaa shane i didnt ask u to go geti xiao jie from VICS there are lots of girls who just go there to party lol. and im a woman lol if u dont want to answer to my questions then plz dont write werried stuff lol
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    Garrett B thank u so much lol and to all of u who is actually getting my point ,i will keep asking abuch of things cause WE WANT TO CHANGE VICS THE WAY U LIKE IT .
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    Alban i promise u next time u go there will not be a problem for u and and ur friends,and for the rest of the ppl .I PROMISE U THAT .
  • 张一驰
    张一驰 wrote:
    Yo Ms. Vics,

I admire the way how you handle the public relationships. After reading those comments, I don't really give a shit that whatever people say about VICS. haha.

You take things seriously, that at least tells me VICS would only go better and better in the future.

Happy New Year
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    Haven't been yet. It's not really my thing anymore(I went out a lot whilst living in Korea= China is my quiet time) but I was thinking of taking a visiting friend there for his birthday. next Wednesday.
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    agree with peter...
    @ shane
    put condom
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    Ms. Vics: What u not aware of is actually Vics is very famous not only in China, but lotta people from elsewhere know Vics. Let me tell u why:
    1) before i came down to China I already started to hear the name of Vics from other friends who haven't been here
    2) I usually chat with some oversees friends and whenever they mention some places like Tian'an men, Great wall they also talk about Vics, that is amazing.
    3) Vics is doing its own promotion because of the potential customers u guys got. And when we talk about customers we talk about us, and for ur own benefit never forget that basic marketing term which is " CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT".
    Well what some people are developing here is going to be dangerous for ur business. So please talk to ur staff, let'em know about it and ask them to stop doing the" under the table business" 100 Kuai for X people and 50 for Y people.
    As far I'm concerned I'll give me point cuz I've been tru this kinda situation and was looking for the occasion comes about to speak it out.
    Since everything has been perfectly dealt by MS. Vics we wish that kinda situation will never happen again cuz we also want to be the promoters of Vics and make our best to convince more customers to enjoy that place.

Kindly Poet G
  • Alban
    Alban wrote:
    SHANE, even drunk, u still aware that Alban is ya ass-kicker.. remember mah last performance on U..so DO NOT CROSS DA LINE !

To Kodi: Every research u gotta do on China can be a masterpiece in its own field, a lot to write about everything , provided you side it wit some evidence on every occasion..
  • 张一驰
    张一驰 wrote:
    wooo. that Shane dude, WTF?
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    Thanks u guys hahaha im serious lol i want to work it out ....
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    "im serious lol" ...

certainly does seem so!
  • TonyDice
    TonyDice wrote:
    VICS reminds me of the crappy disco in the provincial town I grew up that wouldn't let you in if you wore jeans or trainers.

It was full of pathetic little weekend mini Gs wearing crappy leather shoes, and earrings with gel in their hair. They're still there now, trying to blot out the mediocrity of their lives

VICS is the same, and if you are a regular there, you are by default a cliche.
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    Poet G thank u for writing that i will work things out ,i need ppl like u and the rest on my team,i just want to make Vics better but cant do it alone.THANKS
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    VICS is what it is.

Like hip hop? Local chicks? Big drinks? Dumb-looking foreigners trying to dance?

There it is. Don't like it? Don't go. I've been there several times and had a decent time.

As far as the door charge discrepancy is concerned, it happens all over the place. Whether via hitting the wallet, upholding dress codes or flat-out denying entry to certain types, club owners will always find a way to weed out potential undesirables.

I think it's within their rights as private business owners.

And tell us more about the Wu Tang dance. I'm genuinely curious and am not "trippin."
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

there is one time they just let me in without the invisible stamp, obviously the door keeper thought im another guy who's his brother, or maybe a VIP? it was funny, i'll go on trying my luck next time~

• Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:

there is one time they just let me in without the invisible stamp, obviously the door keeper thought im another guy who's his brother, or maybe a VIP? it was funny, i'll go on trying my luck next time~

• Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Yeah agreed. Vics probably does what it does just as good or better than the rest out there. Its fun if you have a large group and get a table, I don't like going with only 1 or 2 people though.

I went to Latte a while ago. I think its the same owners as "MIX". The interior design is really cool, but the dance floor is a little wack, its basically a staircase....

• Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    THANK U ALL FOR THE ANSWERS , AND I AM SERIOUS IF U GUYS DONT WANT TO TALK ABOUT VICS THEN PLEASE DONT POST ANYMORE COMMENT .THANKS
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Vics can kiss my sexy black ass!
    . wrote:
    what a fuzz about one of BJ cheapest and most tasteless places
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    cheapest food i think u can go to fish nation ,the food is not that bad its around sanlitun back street .
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    well VICS IS NOT GOING TO KISS UR BLACK ASS OR ANY ASS IF U DONT WANT TO SAY NTH THEN PLZ SHUT IT THAT WILL DO A REALLY GOOD JOB,I M JUST TRYING ME HELP VICS OUT TO MAKE U GUYS LIKE IT SO PLZ STOP THAT SHIT
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    In soliciting opinions from the WLIB community about your establishment, Ms. Vics, you should be prepared to accept the good alongside the bad.

Advice:

Use the VICS group here on WLIB as the home base for your research. You can send targeted message blasts, post news and photos and will find that overall, members will be more receptive to your inquiries considering they voluntarily joined the group because they are fans of VICS.

Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Indeed. We got off on the wrong foot, Ms. Vics, so I will give you 3 pieces of advice.

1. Literally calling Vics a whorehouse was not entirely accurate, but the fact is a lot of whores hang out there because it's expensive, and whores follow the money.

2. If you want to get feedback on Vics, just ask directly instead of disguising it in the form of a discussion solicting "crazy stories" that are intended to further promote Vics and further your agenda.

3. If you start threads asking for opinions, don't get pissed off when you object to the opinion.

Just my two cents worth. I don't like Vics, but I bear it no ill will. Use the site in the right way and you will get better results.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Baird

Thanks for your insights, but I still don't understand your claim that "a lot of whores hang out [at VICS]," considering, well, they don't.

If I were to pinpoint vortexes of prostitution (my quick definition: venues in which overt prostitution is a) overlooked by the management and staff; b) purveyors of services make up a plurality of the clientele and c) the venue has reputation as a place in which to procure said services, VICS certainly doesn't fit the above criteria.

At least I haven't picked up on it in the 30-or-so times that I've been there since late-2006.

However, without naming names, I can think of two well-known places -- one in Gongti, another in Ritan -- that do fit the above criteria.

VICS doesn't, nor do any of the other box clubs.

People of both genders want to get their rocks off. Period. If one club happens to have a higher percentage of folks wanting to hook up, it doesn't make it a "whorehouse," but rather a safe bet where one can find folks with shared similar interests.

Does that make any sense?

I'm not trying to defend the club or anything, but rather trying to offer a delineation between places where whores hang out as opposed to where the horny choose to hang their hat.
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    The difference between the places you mention and Vics is that at Vics they are not officially condoned...but they are still there.

I can have a drink with a lady of the evening at the Gongti place without being solicited (on a slow night), but I've actually had girls at VICS ask me for money just to sit with them. That doesn't happen at those those other places.

Furthermore, one of my best friends is tour guide for rich Europeans and he tells me he has never been into Vics without being hit up by a prostitute.

This is not Vic's fault, and I'm not trashing the bar. I'm just saying that it happens.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Ah, okay. Thanks for your clarification.

Now... who wants to go get a hot dog with me?
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    Aaah, Ms Vics take a chill pill - a double dose for that matter, twice daily! You should actually show gratitude to me for not sharing with the WLIB community my abhorrent Vics experience. I didn't take a full swing at Vics for the simple reason that I knew it would anger a lot of people, being new to town, I am trying to build a relationship with the Beijing community - and doing just that would not be commendable for either party or my cause. Not really an altruistic or ethical reason, but a realistic one.

I am of the opinion that WLIB is not a platform for maligning or slandering any institution, even one as synthetic as Vics. Don't think it would be appreciated by the administrators, users and definitely not you!

I guess you are probably a PRO for Vics...Public Relations Officer, not the other "PROs" alluded by Mr. Baird. Just some friendly words of advice. If all appreciation and assessment of your establishment should be positive, you wouldn't have a job! Take exposition like you would a shot of Tequila, with a pinch of salt and a slice of lemon. Then strive to better whatever negative evaluation has been made about your institution. Crying over every bit of negative criticism that comes your way is just not gonna cut it!

Another piece of advice. Try kissing some ass sometime, literally and figuratively. It makes potential clients (and lovers) jolly and blissful!
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    HAHAHAHAH ill think about kissing sm asses thank u and to all of ur adivices and the clearing of the name ,i want to know what do u guys think but sm ppl just write stuff like ," I LIKE FISH BURGER OR SMTH LIKE THAT LOL" i need real advics and what u guys really think ,yes im smth like A PRO ,just to help out better place to party and more fun for all of u on WLIB
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    no prostitutes you say? I was there on a Tuesday once, and I recognized that all the usual suspects that use to hang around at The Den (where all the hookers and their hookups from Maggie's go after closing time) was there, giving me that thirsty, fake-sensual "I want you(r money)" look..

However, that doesn't mean that ALL girls there are prostitutes. I've had both great and boring times at VICS, all depends on the crowd. Happy fishing! :-)

PS! @Ms. VICS: Studies have proven that caps lock lead to reduced readability :-)
  • Erik Tungland
    Erik Tungland wrote:
    WELL i think maybe they just want to take sm rest from work ,but also work alittle if they can find smth ,give them a break they are anywhere actually maybe in the supermarket walking pass by u they need to by food veges and stuff..........so if u see any sexy or good looking girls giving u the thirsty look again in any supermarket u should think twice too baby . (but ur rite about not all the girls cause i go there alot with my friends,that sure does not make me or my friends anything near these words"WHORES".

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.