Discussion » Music » Metal tributes to The Beatles

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    http://www.google.cn/music/album?id=Bfb270221a19bb5c8

Some fames and heros of the metal and hard rock world doing coversongs of Beatles, check it out!
  • Patrick Coleman
    thanks!
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Thanks for sharing this.

I've always been a big fan of Nativity in Black (1994), the Sabbath homage featuring White Zombie, Biohazard, Megadeth, Corrosion of Conformity and about a dozen other metal bands at the top of their game.

This one goes to 11.
  • Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    oh my god this is awesome!
  • Simen Wangberg
    Oh snap. I'm loving it. Like McFuckingDonalds
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Oh fucking snap indeed!
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    @Pete,

Nativity in Black was the archvampire of the whole tribute flood that followed within the years afterwards and it still is by far the best done one. I love many of the songs more than the originals by BS, or at least not less :p
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    why not?! a far more interesting challange is to cover death metal classics on Pop style, Owl City covers "Hammer smash face", Beyonce sings "Scream bloody gore", James Blunt does "Dead by dawn", how about that?
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    insulting for who? I would do so if i have time and the right ppl to work with. it's about time that metal ppl layout their posership and start taking music as it supposed to be. Music is not a tool to serve anyones ego or pride or what ever. at least that doesnt work for me.

actually this whole idea isnt mine, it got it from a cool guy who helped producing the very first recordings for Mort Productions. dont know what he is doing these days.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I think a project in which pop artists cover death metal classics would be amazing. Songwriters working in the metal industry are among some of the most talented composers working today -- black metal has far more in common with classical music than just about any other genre, actually -- and their work deserves more recognition.

Lashing out against cross-genre collaborations, I think, is not only childish and reeking of an immature mindset, but detrimental to the industry as a whole.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.