Discussion » Technology » iPad

• Jon Gu - 顾晓帆
    Jon Gu - 顾晓帆 wrote:
    Anyone see need for one? I've used tablets for many years now and still they just don't seem all that practical for most purposes. But Apples dumbing down of a tablet from a fully functional slate computer into a blown up pocket computer makes me wonder if people will start finding excuses to use them now.

Plus... I have a hard time envisioning the typing process when holding the tablet in front of you with both hands. It works on phones because they are small enough that you can cover the whole QWERTY keyboard with your thumbs, but how will it work on the iPad? Small half-keyboard segments on each side of the screen, or will it be centered on the display making it only useful if you type on it like it were a real keyboard?
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    Apple offers a seperate hardware keyboard to solve the typing problem for extra money :) Maybe they think ppl will buy any shit they release from underware to iPad
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    MSI is developing something like that already. Basically a tablet version of a Nintendo DS.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    I dont like Apple's attitude like "see, we create a new life style". I'd rather collect a bunch of stuffs made by Intel, AMD, Nvidia, ATI...then put them into an ugly box, and create my own way. I dont see any material changes of Apple's products these years, so I dont know why each time Jobs still like to jump out mannered, like if he's introducing sth revolutionary...If someone successfully alter the fundamental structure of current products, or, eg, bringing the CPU into the photon era, I'll give them a big WOW!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Say welcome to the future, get the iPad nano:
  • Patrick Coleman
    it would be better if it can install photoshop, i work, final cut pro!!!!!!!!!!!!! no more mouse. painting by hand. that would be awesome! start fingerring those ipads!
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Hahahaha, that doesn't even support FLASH.

Another gadget... Just wait that everyone copies it but add some cool stuffs.
  • Patrick Coleman
    then use my middle finger then for the IPAD hahahahahahahaha

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.