Discussion » Dating & Romance » Valentine's gift

• Richie
    Richie wrote:
    Guys, which gift would you choose for your gf/wife?
    Gals, which gift would you expect from your bf/husband/suitors?
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    make every day as Valentines day,

if i got a GF....
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    wife: diamonds or crystals are always a good way to go, though not many chinese women ever wear real jewelry.
    suitor: flowers...anything more might seem a bit too much
    bf: dinner date and flowers would be enough for me. if he actually cooked the meal rather than going to a restaurant, always impressive.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Great advice from a guy with no gf... *rolls eyes*

Dude, no one knows your gf so we can't tell you what she might find attractive. You should be paying attention to her subtle hints (pay attention when you guys shop to see what she picks out or looks at)

Otherwise all we can give you are generic ideas like

•cake with her picture on it
    •take her to tour a pet store
    •a crazy wig
    •tattoo her name on your arm
    •wine... a lot of wine
  • Jon Magnus Ro
    Jon Magnus Ro wrote:
    -tattoo her name is ridiculous.
    -take her to a pet store? yeah if you plan on keeping the pet until it dies, because buying a pet just to have it for a short time and then abandon it again would be a horrible thing.
    -xidan you can take your picture and put on tshirt, coffee mug etc
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Some of those were obviously jokes...
  • Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    I planed to buy a chow chow as a gift, then I can play with puppy but he gonna take care of the gift.
  • Amalie Nilsen
    Amalie Nilsen wrote:
    i don't think boys must give girls a gift when valentine day.
    valentine day is girls give boys a gift.
    boys give girls gift is on white day.
  • Richie
    Richie wrote:
    Jon, no one's asking for advice here.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Oops, you're right, I misread. Ignore the 2nd line of my post then. The rest still stands.

BTW, I've done cake with picture on it before, not for Valentines Day, but for a birthday and it works really well... especially if you can get your hands on baby pictures
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    OMG .........OMG such a sweet thread.......
  • C.Chaud
    C.Chaud wrote:
    enjoy a dinner with candles somewhere very romantic in Beijing or maybe in Hainan near from the beach. I'll offer her a Rose ( rouge=Red) since this color is significant in China. we'll settle down and talk a lot about our relationship in order to improve it.
    back home I'll give her the gift she really deserves "secret" cuz she is right by my side haha and we'll have a sweet and good niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite.怎么样呢?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I'll get her a new boyfriend!
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Valentine's gift ???
    maybe some drugs ......................
  • Amber
    Amber wrote:
    i will do whatever for whoever gives me my favorate gift....................
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    I like Blair's idea, but this year I say go for fireworks. Nothing is more romantic than spending the evening blowing large chunks of your surroundings to hell.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Clearly because it's cheaper that way. And then you don't get yelled at for forgetting Valentines Day. You can do all the nice things in the world for a girl but you better not forget birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentines Day, so there's very little incentive to be nice all the other days when you can just be nice on those 3 and get away with it. Ohhhh yeahhhh hahahaha
  • Nixul
    Nixul wrote:
    yeah r perfectly right Rita....
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Like Jon says, there's no reason to wait for Valentine's day, but you better not forget that one! There's kind of an expectation on that day!
  • Cuteangelalice
    Saibo , you will get new bf for her , OR , you will being new bf to her ....hehe.....

Yeap , i think in V day , is just good chance for Shopping mall earning money , and "silly ppls" spend money ........

if really want to get something or giving something , whatever small stuff is good, dont need spend more money in that day , it will not mean everything , however you buy......
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    haha Alice; lets go to Wangfujing or some place for sell flowers !!! hhahhahaha
  • Håvard Hilsen Lundin
    kisses?? caddles??? no need spend too much money on bloody gifts~~
  • Håvard Hilsen Lundin
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    @alice: yes get a new boyfriend for her, I'm out he's in!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Hey now... I thought you already gifted Rita to me and Lisa!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I thought Rita gifted herself with Lisa and left both of us out of that deal!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    tell her u dont wanna do what others do to demonstrate their romance..tell her u are going to be creative and come up with something thats gonna make her feel important...start thinking now...be creative and don't ask others
  • Corinne Wang
    Corinne Wang wrote:
    @Kristina.Huang
    thatz fucking beijing girls' way of being a gf. I appreciate that. A necklace or LV bag wont b better than cuddling all day long and cook together.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.