Discussion » Film & TV » a boring but interesting film

• Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    if you are into history and speculations and dont bother to watch a whole movie in old greek theater style, means only the characters having dialogues all the time to form the story. then this might be an interesting one. A man unveals his identity as a 14000 years old man still living til today in front of his closest friends. watch it for 5 min and you will know where this is heading to. have fun!

• Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    It also can be found on PPS.
    The Man From Earth.
    A pretty good movie kinda flowing under the radar.

Someone said it was the best sci-fi movie of 2007.
    Anyhow don't expect time machine, robots or spaceships...just longgggg conversations.
    You have to be a very good listener to enjoy this movie......or finish watching it. lol.
  • ALK
    ALK wrote:
    boring?! omg...

it's a sci-fi movie without any no brainer special effects or weird looking aliens. It only evolves around the story and the characters and it manages to keep u engaged till the end. And that's why it's brilliant. It poses some very interesting questions and it actually makes you think...it doesn't give you everything on screen.

I watched it knowing only that it was a movie I had to watch without knowing anything about the story. And that's how it should be, cause it's strong point is the story and you shouldn't give that away.

I've seen it described as sci-fi for thinkers and I agree. You don't have to be a good listener, you have to be willing to simply think.
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    I think u guys love it,Not because its a movie,Just because its a Discovery program......
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    what is PPS?

i entitle it as boring because i think it might be very boring for ppl who are used to the typical giant hollywood productions, for me it is not boring at all.

I rather dont think so, cuz the discovery channel will never tell a hypothesic story about a friend of buddha teaching buddhism in the western world and became Jesus in first peronson (i-form).
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    PPS is short for "Popcorn Pie Secretland " ... a quite popular brand of fastfood chain in China where they play selective movies and tv series sometimes. They make those killer popcorns. You definately will enjoy it. Have fun finding them.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    haha, thanks for the info, i rather do some mojito! mint rules!

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.