Discussion » All non BJ languages » Why everybody are scared of death???

• Almat Saginbayev
    Almat Saginbayev wrote:
    hi, nitizens. I know all of u scared of death, there are a very little amount of people who are not scared. BUt why? soon or later the death is coming to all of us. All over the world we can see different examples of it. Nobody ever have lived forever and nobody are going to. not only old people are dying there are also a lot of young people. for example recently there was a boy who aaccidently passed away in our school. so want to know your opinion guys? of course if u are not also afraid of? (it doesn't mean I am not scared of death, but it means I am not scared to discuss the truth that is coming to all of us)
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Well I will tell you I am not afraid to die. Im only afraid of it hurting. I do not like the idea of dying a painful death. When I was in Iraq as a U.S. soldier at first I was terrified, but then my survival mode kicked in and I was around death all the time. Some of my buddies got their shit blown away right beside me. I was in Falluja on the day the shit hit the fan and the insurgency got really bad, but I really was not afraid to die by that time. Death is coming to everyone, so I do not fear it anymore. I do not have any god, so that does not matter to me. I know that I will die and my energy will be released into the universe once again then I will be dust. Once that day comes I can only hope my family accepts death as I do. It is an honor to live and an honor to die.
  • Don
    Don wrote:
    hey......nice forum ........
    i guess there aren't any people who argue that they are not scared of DEATH (or THE HIDDEN TRUTH OR REALITY).............it doesn't matter whether you accept it or deny it but it has been destined for you by THE GOD ( or whatever HE is in your religion)......
    To me,people don't give a damn to it and they say that they will deal with it tomorrow,which for most people never comes......
    If someone is denying it,then s/he might be mentally or physically ill........
    Those who are scared of it,they are worried about PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL impact of their death on their beloved or family............
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... you obviously dont know everyone here, here's my resume:

9 years old ... major car accident ... non fatal though ....

35 years old ... blood clot in the right hemisphere of my brain ...

36 or 37 years old ... high fever in Hong Kong, that was when SARS was spreading all over APAC ...

No, none of these were even close to death, but I think I cheated deaths a few times...

Personally, I dont think there is anything to be afraid of, but if one dies with regrest or unfinished business, that's really sad ...
  • DonkeyTonk
    DonkeyTonk wrote:
    death hurts.
  • Almat Saginbayev
    hi guys
    Kodi: Respect your opinion soldier!!! But I have some points of disagreement.
    First of all look around the world, everything is telling that the world is not created
    for nothing, it has a Creator. Try to read about it. Sorry but It is just my advice before u dying.
    of course u diciding everything concerning with your life.
  • Almat Saginbayev
    Don:
    agree with u, are u christian?
  • Almat Saginbayev
    叮噹 :
    I think i have mentioned that there are some who are not afraid of. But I think Archangel didn't come to u yet, cause if Archangel comes he never misses, so u can't cheat with death.
    Anyway
    Thanks u guys for your opinions
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    well,im not afraid to die.
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    Cause,If you death,it will be long while.

So,we want to live more...
  • MoMo
    MoMo wrote:
    我确实贪生怕死。不过我会尽量克服。
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    to Kodi:respect to u ,sir.

I do not wanna dead.not cause im scared.just for You can have so many fun when you living.

So,Mr.Death dont come so hurry,take break,Taste Chinese Food,have a view how the world beauty.
  • Almat Saginbayev
    But is there anyone who believes a life afterdeath?
  • Almat Saginbayev
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

As a Catholic, we believe there is a soul, and we will go to heaven or hell, in my case, possibly hell ... one may call that life after death ...
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    I laugh in the face of death
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    God? Haha how naive a thought of a intangible being called god who no one can see, but nonetheless pulls all the strings. If there is a god we are it. We are all gods. We have the power to control our own destiny and then turn into dust like everything else. How arrogant of humans to believe that all of this was created just for us by some super spirit who we cannot even conceive. Of course right? Seriously do you think the whole universe existed for billions of years just waiting until the human species came about and all of a sudden we are the most important creation? More people are killed in the name of god than any other cause. More people suffer because of religious ideals than any other reasons. God was created in man's image, so please do not get carried away with the holy stuff to the point that we start talking about an after life. After life is an idea for the weak who can not handle the idea of dying and being nothing more than expelled energy recycled back into the Universe. Instead of making up stories about the origin of man we should wait until we have discovered a reliable source of information. Empirical processes will provide that some day and we are getting closer and closer. We are alone. Live and Die, some people just cannot handle that. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed and that is all we are. Energy. We will be recycled back to dust and energy. We are very insignificant in this universe when you look at the grand scheme of things considering that we are but the tip of the evolutionary process. 99.999999% of all species that ever existed are all extinct. Chances are we will also be extinct someday. No heaven, no kingdom, no virgins waiting for us, nothing except cold lonely space. Its not very sad to me. Who wants to live past death? You only get one chance on Earth, so just be good and do not hurt people. You do not need god to do that and if you do then just do what you have too, but try not to be too obsessed with fairy tales in the process.
  • ♥Playboy ♥
    I am not scared of death ....scared of the pain that death will cause !!!!
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    You don't know what death is till you are dead.
    And when you finally die death doesn't matter to this world whatsoever.
    The mystery of death makes ppl imagine all kinds of ridiculous stuff about death.
    And one misunderstanding leads to another, now somehow those fantasies equal the human response to ultimate fear.

古龙同学说,人们惧怕的往往不是事物本身,而是对这个事情生出的想象而已。死,岂非是最好的休息?

For me death is not that intimidating afterall...
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    sometimes i wish i were dead :(
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

That should be "born", not "borned" ...

As for "preparation", I am curious to find out what everyone considers a "proper preparation" ...
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    I'm just waiting for 2012. I wish we had a date so I could chill on my porch with a 40 and a blunt.
  • Ole-Marius
    Ole-Marius wrote:
    Every atom in our bodies are about 10 billion years old. When we die, conception might die, but not our matter. What really scares us is not death, but losing conception. We're afraid of the unknown, and to imagine a state of existence with no conception what so ever is not possible, because as long as we try, we will be within the concept of conception.
  • Da Fan
    Da Fan wrote:
    Think abt "WHY I AM I NOW"? then you got no anwser... So, I believe "you" will have another "self-awareness" after you died, but i dont believe there are any connections between the former "you" and the later "you". As to the new "self-awareness", it could be of anything. "you" could become a panther, a bird, a worm, and, "you" also could become extraterrestrial creature..."you" could become any creature that have "self-awareness".

Im afraid of death, Im afraid of: 1) left who I love suffered; 2) I miss this beautiful world 3) maybe I still have many things that I wanna do, and 4) Im afraid of unluckly becoming a miserable "self" after I died.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Not many had talked about "proper preparation" yet ... but if one can die with no (or minimum) regret, then that should not be too bad ...
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    burnt to death and despaired for it
  • 白子辰
    白子辰 wrote:
    No, I'm not scared at all if die in 1 second without any tortures.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    A proper preparation before death that would let me have minimum regret would be to have worked toward a better world. To have inspired people to be better toward one another. Make a little difference in someones life, so they feel the love that humanity has. Also raise a beautiful family and try to do the best I can can to teach my children how to navigate this world and have a good heart. I think that will be the preparation that would make me feel like my life was not a waste of oxygen and energy.
  • Siliconfish
    Siliconfish wrote:
    Ole. ~~ The atom in our body doesn't exist till it's somehow defined...interesting. reminds me of Satre's "existence precedes essence"...lol

BTW, DaFan ,you are so buddisssst.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    I am scared of death. I'm deeply in love with my colorful life and full of passion and curiosity to explore unknown things ahead of me. I will never be bored of living.

I dreamed of going to die several times. Strangly, I was not frightened at all for my own reason in the dreams. I struggled to live only because I can not let the ones who love me to bear the pain of losing me forever.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    No one can control their life and death personally..... even God !
    Precious as you, you have to makes yourself live well and ppls around you if you alive, for your family ; for your relatives ; for your friends;

• Yuki Inés
    Yuki Inés wrote:
    THE OLDEST and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

First sentence in one of H.P. Lovecraft's article about horror novels.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Worm food!!!!
  • Almat Saginbayev
    a lot of answers, a lot of opinions without any proofs, but have u ever tried to find an answer to this question?? a life after death? how many paragraphs have u read???
    is it right to make strict conclusions from your experiences,what if is it a unique situation??what if u are not right?? what if there is an another life that depends on this life, an eternal life. just try to read more about it, I am sure you will find the answer.
  • Fahad Hashmi
    Fahad Hashmi wrote:
    Thanotophobia . . . :P
  • Johannes Johansen
    wrong topic, have you ever done a research about that everybody scares about death?
  • Fazio
    Fazio wrote:
    @Kodi:

I know you are no-god,you are Sicentist.So why dont you Kill you self and turn to be some dust?Cause you dont wanna be Dust.There is so many things interesting that make you wont leave.This is what we are talking about,you got it?

Its something about love,emotional,not Sience.So no one want to die ,and someone fear it,Its natural!
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Fagio, you are a pretentious fuckwad.

That is all.
  • 哎呀
    哎呀 wrote:
    “THE OLDEST and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown. ”

I think I fear of the known much more than the unknown.

I fear to know my life movie will be repeatedly shown everyday without big difference.

The unknown is a turn-on for me.
  • Almat Saginbayev
    to smile
    I have not done any research but I have read others researches...
  • Patrick Coleman
    heres an explanation.

living thins all share the instincts of SELF PRESERVATION.
    from bacteria to plants to everything that is a living organism all have this in encoded their DNA. that include us. thats why its hard for us to be in suicidal tendencies unless we are brain washed by others or by some means or events that happened in our life.
  • Kent Løset
    Kent Løset wrote:
    I heard they have great hot-dogs in hell... ^^
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    "The dead know only one thing. It is better to be alive."-

Private Joker, Full Metal Jacket
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... from what I know, people are more adraid of losing face than dying :)
  • №❶ Passioη
    I've been faced with death several times; but for some reason I'm still breathing... My encounters standing between life and death revealed truths that are beyond human wisdom, truths that will be hard to understand even if I find a way to explain.

I finally realised as my spirit told me, I have a purpose to fulfill on earth and I will not die until that mission is complete. So I cross the road without looking left or right. when the earth trembles I'm not worried. When there is chaos and others run confused, I stay calm and still. I eat anything / everything, I sleep without securing my house... Because I understand my own soul deeply and I know my mission is not yet accomplished. When it's time, I will feel it and satisfactorily accept it as my destiny because I know something better awaits me on the other side. This is my reason for being fearless as regards death.

This is the way my experiences have shaped my definition of 'time and death'... Nothing to be scared of.
  • R-R
    R-R wrote:
    Because we dont know what gonna happen next.It can be a long life also can be ur last min.All depends how u deal with it.There is something more powerful than you.We just have to deal with it.
  • Mohammed Abdi
    Mohammed Abdi wrote:
    it is more of that u r agnostic about the afterworld and the ensueing solitude...
    on the limbo, u'll see white shores....
  • Simen Wangberg
    "...all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."

Oh, Bill.
  • Hans Christian Eriksson
    People are scared of death when they are not believers.You fear it or not, it will come sooner or later.Better try to live a better life so that when u are no longer in this earthly materialistic world, people will remember your good deeds.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.