Discussion » Dating & Romance » Talk about your trans-national marriage

• StrawberryIceCream
    StrawberryIceCream wrote:
    Do you have a trans-national marriage?
    Do you partners have some conflicts with you?
    If yes, what is it? How did you solve it?
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Yes
    Yes
    Talk ... argue, talk more
  • 王经纬
    王经纬 wrote:
    A marriage is even hard enough to handle these days, so what do you think about a trans-national marriage?
    Shaky shaky shaky! Do you like this word-------shaky
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    no
    yes
    basically everything related to the relationship. argue and not communicate.
  • Undermoonlight
    There are several stages, probably starting from the relationship being confirmed...I think it takes longer for trans-national couples to really know each other...and it's wise to live together long enough before the sacred ceremony...after all, marriage is not just about two people having a family and reproducing offsprings...in my case, those stages are: the stage of curiosity and romance, the stage of being friends and the stage of homely affection...well, i'm not pretending to be an expert...Someone told me that if one and his spouse couldn't be true friends, their marriage would be hard to maintain----ture or not...takes a life-long time to testify...God, this topic is too heavy to be rendered in a casual way...
  • Escade
    Escade wrote:
    It's a gambling,depends luck & operation:50% each...
  • Save Our Planet
    Why was this "trans-national marriage" became an interesting topic? Was this "trans-national marriage" a big interest to Chinese girls? I have never seen such topic being brought up and discussed in other countries except China. Why?
  • Save Our Planet
    My Chinese young fellow told me WLIB has become a popular site for Chinese girls who want to meet foriengers. True or false?
  • Escade
    Escade wrote:
    hi,'Save Our Planet': r u a native English speaker??? do u know this is the phrase in English'trans-national marriage'??? It happens very where very time in our planet-THE EARTH! Where r u from? how many countries hv u been? think u r from UNKNOWN 'planet' coz yr enquires is extremely absurd!!! Why do u always jump out to show your some 'stupid mind' here???? i ABHOR somebody here to blame my country-China! u should learn what means of 'RESPECT'! i told u before in other thread! if u can not hlp yrself to show yr ridiculous thoughts here,just put a toilet soap in yr mouth & shut up!!! OK?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Save Our Planet
    Dear Edith,

Please don't shout. Everytime when I read your post, you make people feel you are shouting, yelling and screaming. Name calling sometimes.

This is a "public" board. Anyone is free of expressing opinions. It is a place for Freedom of Exression".

You have no right to tell people "shut up."

Also remember a nice and educated Chinese lady will never shout to anyone "shut up" unless you it is "a common culture" among Chinese women.

I'm from a good planet which taught us good manners and respect. They taught us to respect public order and don't spew. Ha ha!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Save ... Save ... Save ... you came from planet Vulcan? When is your "pon farr"?
  • Save Our Planet
    叮噹
    "Pon Farr"? What is that?
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Save,
    It's an interesting topic because PRC society is extremely homogeneous compared to most places where WLIBJ readers come from. Since this is an expat-oriented community, and we live in PRC, a lot of people here are in international relationships, and have unique challenges because of the inflexibility of PRC society and the various conflicting cultural backgrounds that we all come from. I am sure the topic is discussed frequently among expats in other homogeneous societies such as Japan and Korea, maybe you have never seen it discussed because you don't have experience with many other cultures?

On this website, boys are blue and girls are pink. Obviously, the topic is of greater interest to boys than girls, Chinese or otherwise.

Save Our Planet wrote:
    Why was this "trans-national marriage" became an interesting topic? Was this "trans-national marriage" a big interest to Chinese girls? I have never seen such topic being brought up and discussed in other countries except China. Why?
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @Save
    Speaking without yelling doesn't necessarily mean you've got good manners. You've always been showing us ignorance and stereotype and your lack of information too.
    Getting on to posts and attacking ppl even a whole nation is much worse than saying some swearing words out of strong emotion.
    U can believe what you've seen and heard, but just keep this in mind: there is a lot more u need to see and hear to understand the whole picture.
    NO OFFENSE THOUGH.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... my sweet sexy Candy ... it is difficult not to like you ...
  • Escade
    Escade wrote:
    @Candy Q & 莫明:赞一个!!!!
  • Save Our Planet
    Transnatiional marriage happens a lot in Russia, China, Vietnam and Philippine. According to study shows most of them ended in broken families. A lot of people paid a heavy price. Just a warning if you are heading to that direction.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    "most" means over 50% or divorce as one result with the highest rate among other such as widowed, living seperatedly and still together?

you know to be honest, there are a lot german/turkish or german/thailander marriages i know personally, most of them are doing ok
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    @Edith: 我也赞自己!
    @Webslave & save: At least in the US, 50% of marriages end in broken families. It's a lower percentage in China, though I presume it's because PRCs are still culturally adverse to getting divorces rather than because the husband and wife can still stand eachother after a few years. I assume Americans marrying PRCs will have a divorce rate not lower than in the US, but it's pretty damn high everywhere anyway. Save, maybe you should just advise everyone not to get married (to anyone), and leave the transnational bit out of it. It would save a lot of heart ache I'm sure.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    Thanks 莫明, my questions is actually on Mr. Planet-Saver's figures, hope to get know the sources so i can read it myself.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Dumb question time ... I seem to have misunderstood what is this T-N marriage ... anyone care to explain?
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    why, you are in a TN marriage, arent you? you should tell us how it is. If it is like TNT, i rather go listening to AC/DC :)

dont bother, do you really expact some real quality talk on this forum?
  • Tonje Nygård
    Tonje Nygård wrote:
    叮铛,地人讲紧咩啊?点解个鬼佬又话我地华人女仔唔好,自己又话跟个女明星啊?好似他都无咩身家喔,边个咁傻跟他嗟?
  • Tonje Nygård
    Tonje Nygård wrote:
    I'm from a good planet which taught us good manners and respect. They taught us to respect public order and don't spew. Ha ha!
    虽然我们地球也有这样的地方,但是有人已经承认自己是外星人了,而且在咱中国,谁捉到他就发财了!哈哈!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Webslave, though I dont know a lot of people, most of the divorces that I have heard of are NOT T-N marriages, so I am confused where did Mr Save get this 50% statistics ...

Since the keyword is "national", then race is not the issue, and we can consider (using myself as an example) Australian Chinese marrying a mainland Chinese ... oh, wait a minute, on second thought, before I married my wife, she has already got the Australian citizenship on her own, so maybe we were not a T-N marriage? Hahaha, my wife had always confused me, a lot ...

Switching to a different language channel ...

哈哈...唐姿礼医生,你好啊...为了方便群众,我觉得我们还是不要用广东话,而用正式的中文,你不会介意吧?

我也是刚刚才看到你说的这一点...也真是啊,呵呵,自己的女朋友是一个24岁的小姑娘,又说是怎么的多才多艺,赚钱也比他自己多,却劝人不要找中国女孩子做老婆,我看了也不很明白,只能说我是太笨了...

但要是他真的是外星人,那就好解释了...主要就是他的逻辑不是一般人的逻辑,那么我们也不用考虑他说的话了,因为跟地球人不一样嘛...
  • Tonje Nygård
    Tonje Nygård wrote:
    叮铛,我真的一度怀疑他是欣宜的男朋友!但是想想不对啊,查了几个女明星,都没有那个男友是老外啊!明显那老外骗人不打草稿!
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    @Ding Dang
    interesting is how Mr. Save formulated his hypothesis, due to his words, those studies must have been conducted in each of the mentioned countries first and then put all the relevent data together to come to the named conclusion. anyway.

frankly speaking, i dont think the major issue between a woman and a man may be the national background, religous boundations and differences in values might though.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.