Discussion » Dating & Romance » date a chinese girl

• The Legend
    The Legend wrote:
    what are the best tips to date a chinese girl on the first day.
    comments from boys and girls are required
  • Winnie
    Winnie wrote:
    dont be too forward on the first date.
    dont try to kiss her
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    pay the bill and run away
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Well. This is going to be a trainwreck.
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Whatever you do, don't let her have the upper hand. Make yourself desirable to her so that she keeps a strong interest in you, don't let her feel like you are chasing her hard or you will drive her away.
  • Adam
    Adam wrote:
    Drink until you fall in love. Listen to her and nod until she wants to sleep with you.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Depends on the personality, bro -- not the nationality.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... agreed with Pete and Amber ... but since a general question was asked, so I replied with general answers ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... Amber, who do you plan to date? To start with, a Chinese men would be quite different from western, and having said so, HK Chinese Vs Taiwan Chinese Vs mainland Vs foreign-grown Chinese ... and there are also numerous western cultures ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Oooops ... you said "convinced"? May I ask, what do you want to get out of it? If you have some evil plan, I might just have to remove my post ... hahahaha
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Mumu_lonely dont slip up..be smart and u will get an answer
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Pete is right. Just because she's Chinese doesn't mean there is some special set of rules governing what to do on the first date. It depends on her. Why not try asking her what she'd like to do? Novel concept, I know...

Some general rules for first dates-
    1. Stick to dinner. Everyone likes to eat.
    2.Make it some place nice, but not too expensive, since you should assume you are picking up the bill.
    3.Ask questions that will give you RELEVANT information about the person and keep the conversation moving forward. Avoid dead end questions.
    4.Don't get drunk unless she's getting drunk too.
    5.Don't try and kiss her unless she comes on to you.
    6.Don't bring up sex unless she does first.
    7.Be yourself, even if you are a reprihensible person. She's going to find out sooner or later. Honesty counts for a lot.
    8.Pay her compliments, but be sincere and don't overdo it .
    9.Offer to pick up the bill, but don't insist on it.
    10.Try and find some common groud. If you can't, then its probably a dud.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ...

Mathew ... I dont know how your friends woudl feel, but I would hate to be one of them ...

Mumu ... based on what Mathew had said, I dont agree with what you might have in mind, so I will remove my previous post now ... hope you have got something out of it ...

Amber ... born in Hong Kong, grew up in Australia ... and that's the simple version, it is actually more complicated than that ...
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    11. under (virtually) no circumstances get your cock out
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Hahaha, you may be right Ding Dang. I guess the Chinese girls I date are usually pretty Westernized. But still... save the romance for later. If you show your cards too soon, it'll be hard to top it later.

If it's a long term thing instead of short term... try this. It scored me huge points once, but only do it with someone you are already familiar with. Otherwise it is just creepy and scary.

Send her flowers. Every day for a week. Start on Monday and first send her a single rose. The next day two. The next day 3. Then 6. Then 12. Then on Saturday schedule a date to go meet her in person and bring two handfuls of whatever flowers she likes the most... by this point her room will be so full of flowers she won't know where to put them.

Make sure you have hidden behind you a bucket. The cheapest piece of shit bucket you can find, and poke a hole in the bottom and kick a dent into it. Then give her that along with the big handfuls of flowers you personally delivered. Make sure you wear a nice suit and tell her to dress as formally as she can. Then walk her to the nearest McDonald's for your date.

I promise you will get great results, and she'll know you have a sense of humor.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Show us the evil side ...
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    Carlos, that's a strange thing for an Englishman to say. A British friend of mine told me that in the UK you get knighted for that. Apparently that's how Anthony Hopkins earned his knighthood.
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    I'm certainly due a Knighthood in that case Peter

The women do not always take it in the gentle spirit of affection that it is meant
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    muhahaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    Start by being genuinely nice and nature will take its course. They are human too you know hehe.
  • Peter S 李贝勒
    i try to translate a french expression, 'woman who is laughing is a woman already half in Ur bed'. Humor is one of the best weapon of seduction.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Good point, Peter you are gentleman~! you know that! Good teacher Creditably !

But.... the point should be show some chinese guys, some guys really dunno it afterall.
  • Kodi
    Kodi wrote:
    @Peter: Nice way of laying it out. I guess I take for granted all the things we do in life that seem like second nature. I never realized there are people who do not know what to do when going on a date. Your list should be great help for whoever needs to know.

• Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Relax, Mumu. You sound pathetic, which isn't cool.

No one except the more exhibitionist members of this community are going to share their personal dating experiences with you.

And the users who post all sorts of personal info across the site are the ones who are obviously unsuccessful in the dating world, so they probably can't help you.

Peter's advice was useful, wasn't it? I thought so.

Not good enough? Would you rather have one of us liveblog our night out? How about Twittering our adventures between the bedsheets?

Dating advice in real time.

Here's my advice:

Just go do your thing. If you're so crippled by the fear that you'll spoil your date and are begging other people for advice, then maybe you should go on a date with a psychologist instead.
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    I'm not spreading anything around, Mumu. I'm just trying to spare you some embarrassment.

Good luck.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I would like to see how far this goes now ... where is my nachos?
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    this is fun
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    War!!! War!!! War!!
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    mumu, can you live blog your date? i'm really curious now.
    If I were to date a Chinese girl, I would bring up all the culturally sensitive or related issues that I think are of any relevance and make my position on them very clear, to save myself a lot of trouble later one.

Examples to discuss:
    Japan
    tean-ahn-men
    censorship
    sex
    finances
    relationship with parents/family
    sports
    Chinese Taiwan
    religion
    nationalism
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    what is the different between tips and advices? me no smart
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    oh, tips are the change money you give to the waiter, right? LOL

anyway, if you dont want to marry chn. girls and enslave yourself to their will, dont date them.
  • 芝芝
    芝芝 wrote:
    Pay the bill, be a gentleman, don't be too forward, don't discuss any politically sensitive problems, don't talk too much; ask her questions and pay attention to her answers.
  • Undermoonlight
    Don't date (I mean the real romantic dating in the common sense) someone desperate to get you trapped in a marriage...I have the horrible experience----my last girl friend once issued an ultima that if i didn't marry her, she would DESTROY me...and now she is my wife...But she's not Chinese...
  • Undermoonlight
    But to be honest, i still feel like dating Chinese girls...i mean dating not Zhaoduixiang...
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    ha, exactly, tips?advice? serious??

universal rule:
    Don't panic, take it easy, just relax and be yourself. what's the worst that could happen????
    If she likes u as who you are, she'll keep dating u; if she doesn't, then she's not the right one for u to date anyway.
    So @mumu
    chill!

BTW, naming yourself "lonely" and asking for tips for a first date does make u look desperate in some ways.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... isnt it obvious what Mr Lonely is looking for with his date? That is, if he ever gets one ...
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @ dingdang,
    lol, just go enjoy your Nachos~~I'm gonna get some Doritos now~~haha
  • Ikevenson
    Ikevenson wrote:
    BE WHITE and RICH
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    thats the truth coming out
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    @little toy
    i wont generalize it that way, many chn. girls do take financial considerations into account when thinking about a serious relationship, but one would do them terribly wrong if one prejudge them for reducing a man's value only to race and wealth.
  • Cynthia
    Cynthia wrote:
    it's not easy
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    ha, all right~~score!!
    good for u!!
    I don't mind having a hero here named "lonely".
  • Save Our Planet
    If you are a foreigner, you already score there. You don't need to prepare to make things complicated.
  • 巴尔克
    巴尔克 wrote:
    u need to be so rich..what ever who u r ??
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    wow, now i understand why you need some help on how to date a girl, Mr. Lonely.

here is a serious tip for you, please be nice and friendly to girls.
  • Save Our Planet
    If you need sex, then show your wealth. Otherwise, don't show it. You may get into serious trouble. A friend of mine who was a Taiwanese young man. He got murdered 5 years ago in Shanghai by his girl friend and her friends. I posted the story before.
  • Save Our Planet
    I don't mean to scare anyone of you. There must be good men and women out there. You just need to be careful and scrupulous. Trust me. I have so many stories from friends that I can write a book.
  • Save Our Planet
    I don't mind some might hate me. I know. Don't tell me. Ha ha...But I sincerely wish those good girls and boys coming off the book and win real relationships.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... the thread had shifted from "date a Chinese girl" to "score with a Chinese girl" ...

Ladies ... now we know ...

Gentlemen ... huh, sorry, wrong place ... hahahaha ...
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    ano this Ding Dang is she Female?
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    ma se poes
  • Øyvind Hagen
    Øyvind Hagen wrote:
    don't do that
  • Erik Aleksander Aas
    @Abisai hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    Vincent I had to do this.
  • Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    dates are boring. get drunk. go home. and fuck.
    GO
  • 月亮狼人
    月亮狼人 wrote:
    Maybe the question was "the best tips in hunting a Chinese girl"..
    In this case everything changes.
  • 雪地
    雪地 wrote:
    @peter: that sound all right to me, but that might be a little outdated to this your generations ...

@Missy Pinko: i think you hit the point quite well i think
  • 雪地
    雪地 wrote:
    @Mumu you might like to 'date' Sasha Wang first to feel more relaxed ;-)
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    send the invitation at least 48 hours before the date
  • Turkmenbaschi
    Turkmenbaschi wrote:
    if you have a big penis, then the first thing to do is: show it to her!
    if you arent well hung then you have lost in modern society anyway and can forget to date the girl.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    Tarzan had the same thought before Jane never had come to Africa
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    your thoughtful information rather arouses worries about physical damages, dude

good luck
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    mumu is insane
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    or "desperate" (as refered many times in this thread)

or just "lonely"
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... can we say "desperately lonely to the point of insanity"?
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    sure, as serious as you matter
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    because you amuse me more than others, thank you for the entertainment
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    @DD, "Hahahaha ... can we say "desperately lonely to the point of insanity"?" .... golden
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    GHB works pretty well with all kind of girls...

PS: don't do that!
  • Tonje Nygård
    Tonje Nygård wrote:
    是我的话就买个小礼物,晚上去看电影,看完电影了吃“细蓉”,或者猪骨粥。就OK啦!哈哈!
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Try wikipedia! GHB is a drug that makes you lose your senses and ability to think. It's forbidden in a lot of countries, and is also known as the "rapist's drug" since once someone took it, you can do pretty much what ever you want with them.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I'm not sure you got my meaning, but ... Sure great!
  • Aurélien
    Aurélien wrote:
    Well, since you're in China, you'd better be interested in dating Chinese girls...
  • Camilla Olsen
    Camilla Olsen wrote:
    well, aurelien~ did you enjoy your date with chinese girl?=)
  • NN
    NN wrote:
    I guess he did ;)

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.