Discussion » Beijing Life » Who likes sex? - 2010.01.27

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹) wrote:

OK, if you are reading this, it proves one thing and one thing only ... sex really sells, and now that I have grabbed your attention, let's read on ...

The correct title should be "To lit or not to lit"... yes, it is about smoking-related habits while dining in any restaurants in China, and I want to ask both the smokers and non smokers:

Smokers ...

1. When you go into a restaurant (in China), would you explicitly ask to be seated in the smokers zone, or do you let yourself be seated anywhere? We can assume here that all your dinner guest(s) might be non smokers, but they dont mind that you do ...

2. When you are seated, do you check whether you are sitting in the smokers zone or non smokers zone before you lit one, or you generally dont care?

3. If you happen to be sitting in the non smokers zone, would you put it out when you are asked? ... the truth is preferred, but feel free to lie here ...

Non smokers

1. When you go into a restaurant (in China), would you explicitly ask to be seated in the non smokers zone, or do you let yourself be seated anywhere?

2. If you happen to be sitting in the non smokers zone, and the next person (either your dinner guest or a complete stranger from next table) lit up, would you ask them to put it out? ... the truth is preferred, but feel free to lie here ...

Far too many scenarios to be considered ... feel free to add your own case ... also, any personal attack is not preferred ...

Thanks ...
  • MiLo
    MiLo wrote:
    smokers, but I choose non smokers zone, cos I dont like the second hand smoke.
    it's so hard to forbid smoke at restaurant in China, that's a big project!
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... and dont assume that any 5 or 6 star international hotel will do the right thing ... been there, done that, and Regent pissed me off ...
  • Timothy Wang
    Timothy Wang wrote:
    you should ask who dont like sex...and you are right, sex does sell. a lot
  • Peter Baird
    Peter Baird wrote:
    As a rule, I usually don't go to restaurants where I can't smoke. This why I like the laobaixing xiao chi places.

1.I never ask. I assume most places I go don't have non-smoking sections, so unless they ask, I don't bring it up.

2.The world is my ashtray

3. If asked to put out a cigarette in a place where smoking is not allowed, I will do so.
  • Marte Joahansen
    I don't like sex...u get tired of it in no time..there's a proof of ejaculation...immediately u cum' u see the whole hustling nd' bussling jst for a piece of irrelevant moments..
    But the art of lovemaking remains mysterious up to date-Kamasutra explains the last sentence in details.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    We should ban drinking at bars too so we can lower the incidences of drunk and disorderly conduct and interracial violence between angry Chinese men and laowai. Hell, I don't really drink at bars/clubs either, just a Coke or some Redbull and that's good enough for me...
  • Simen Wangberg
    "who likes smoking hardcore crack?"

As opposed to softcore crack? I might actually try that.\

Smoking ban cracks me up. Good fucking luck enforcing that. As Peter said, the world is my ashtray...or at least China is, at any rate.
  • Simen Wangberg
    Although, I have to say Kerry's CD column comes out on top of Todd's in this case. As we've seen in the States and elsewhere, banning smoking in public places just causes smokers to migrate outside - doesn't necessarily stop them from going to their favorite restaurants or bars or whathaveyou. Regardless, I will still pitch a fit if they really try to stop me from smoking at the bar. That's where I draw the line.
  • Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:
    smoking is kick ass in china.... fuck no smoke zones.

all you people who dont like smoking have your point n case and its valued but lets see you try to get that to fly here....haha good luck
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Been tried and done in Hong Kong ... in order for the ban to see any effect, it needs to be enfored with heavy financial fine, both the smokers and the venue (bars, restaurants etc) ...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I'm not a smoker, but I think I'm addicted to second hand smoke. Especially that smell that lingers in the car of a smoker. I think it must be a nostalgia thing, 'cuz both my parents used to smoke.

Although I think there should be some places set aside for, say, asthmatics and pregnant chicks, I still gotta show solidarity for people who choose to kill themselves slowly. In Michigan, I often followed and chatted with my professors outside during winter where they smoked 25 feet away from the building as required by law. And if a Beijing taxi driver offers me a cigarette I'll smoke it just so he'll feel comfortable doing the same.

So yeah in restaurants I generally prefer to sit in the smokers' area with all the other cool people.
  • Simen Stensvoll
    i like sex,but don,t like smokers
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Can anyone pass me the bots-ticides?
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    It's your thread, Uncle.
  • Martin Svean
    Martin Svean wrote:
    well thats pretty upsetting that someone says she doesn't like smokers.
    haha. im so heartbroken that im going to run downstairs and buy a fresh box of smokes right now.

smoking allowed!!
  • Rebecca Arnesen
    Sex is for losers. Smoking though, thats very very cool. That puts smoking while having sex somewhere around neutral.
  • kö
    wrote:
    just finished smoking``````
  • Solveig Smørdal Botn
    sex forever~~~
  • Hariwan Zebari
    The cigarette after sex is the best one ;)
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I am all for "killing yourself for whatever pleasure", be it cigarettes or sex or guns, but I dont agree with "killing others for your own pleasure or enjoyment" ... from today's China Daily:

A breath of fresh air

By Qi Xiao (China Daily)
    Updated: 2010-05-20 10:26

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/life/2010-05/20/content_9872238.htm

• Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    I always have sex after a cigarette
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Damn you uncle D and your misleading title... this isn't the first time I've been lured into your thread!

I'll trade someone a cigarette for sex. You can't smoke it till we're done though. Don't worry, it'll just take a minute...... :-p
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahaha ... Ming, obviously, you have forgotten what I wrote on my profile, havent you now?

14. ... I am an excellent liar, but I dont like to lie, that's why you will know if I do or dont like you ... I see darkness in everything and everyone, but I still have faith in human kindness, please dont spoil that for me

By the way, it would be very interesting around the country when they REALLY enforce this smoking ban next year ... hahaha ...
  • Minger
    Minger wrote:
    Shall we bet on whether or not the ban will have any effect whatsoever?

I honestly don't know on which side to bet though. Chinese propaganda can change opinions here very fast...
    **** wrote:
    well you can smoke in 90% of the restaurant in China so i don't really choose but if by mistake i'm in a non smocking area then i wait i finish and get a smoke when i leave
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... the interesting part is whether the China government will repeat what "they" did in Hong Kong a few years back ... it took about 6 months for Hong Kong to adjust to the smoking ban ...

If they do indeed repeat what they did then, then it would be interesting to find out how much time would the adjustment need ... being China, it wont happen overnight, but we can bet our lovely behinds that it damn well will happen ...

On the other hand, the ban will for sure not cover all of China ... places where the law is nearly non-existent, would not feel a pinch ...
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ...

... while looking for appropriate thread(s) to introduce Frank's Deli, I found this old one ... so I thought I should resurrect it, instead of starting a new one :)

... it was certainly a nice surprise when they announced the smoking ban before May holiday, and even better to see that many places actually enforcing this, including most 5 star hotels, however, majority of the places that we had visited did not seem to hear about this, or dont really care about this ...

... if anyone is interested, or concerned, whether you are a smoker or not, what do you think?

• Ms. Stephanie
    Ms. Stephanie wrote:

I don't really bother to ask if I enter a bar/club.. I would really love everyone can smoke it outside... as smoker, I do hate to smell 2nd hand one from others, so I understand that feeling of non-smokers. we should just behave...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahaha ... and in most cases, when we went to a restaurant that we had never been before, we made it a habit to ask about the smoking and non-smoking zones, and majority of the time, the waiters (or waitresses) would say something like "it is OK to smoke here" or directed us to the smoking zone ...

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

。。。

(continued) ... hahahaha ... but this thread has absolutely zip to do with sex ... have you read it?

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

(continued) ... hahahaha ... my guess is that you smoke? so why bring up a new discussion when this old issue will continue to exist?

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.