Discussion » Dating & Romance » what's the difference between sex and lovemaking..

• Clev
    Clev wrote:
    i tried explaining this so many times..but mosttimes it does'nt occour to the ladies.
    would love to get views on this one...
    mine would be shared later.
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    is there defference between sex and lovemaking to man? im curious
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Yeah, it's called sex when the man enjoys it more, and it's called love-making when the woman enjoys it more.
  • Mathew Abisai
    Mathew Abisai wrote:
    sex is like masturbating in or on someone, but making love comes with true love feelings and its always romantic
  • Marte Joahansen
    i feel on the other hand it has to do wiv. passion..it's definitely known to us that in sex,there's no passion inclusive...but when it comes to lovemaking..wiv. passion..lol...u do the craziest things u never would dream of..it's only at that point 2 days appears to be 2 hours..
  • Shane
    Shane wrote:
    Lol mathew I love your comments on this forum.

• Sasha 莎莎 Wang
    NOMNOMNONMONMNOMNOMNONM
  • Lucia
    Lucia wrote:
    it's better have sex with prostitute not wife or partner who you get in love with.
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    I remember a nice discussion about "having sex and making love"

well, "making love" sounds better

@Jon, haha, very interesting interpretation
  • Daniel
    Daniel wrote:
    I always associate 'making love' with that ideal portrayal of sex in films that is always done with some cheesy music playing, whispered voices and finishes with both climaxing at the same time after a dizzying two minutes of slow-motion sex.

• Loli
    Loli wrote:
    Its simply :
    Having sex, more physical
    Lovemaking , more mental
  • Pavoir Sponse
    Pavoir Sponse wrote:
    You do not make love. It is either there or it isn't.
  • Ms Bla
    Ms Bla wrote:
    Much -- but some ways same too i thought
  • Tony
    Tony wrote:
    i propose to switch the question to what is the difference between Sex and Love
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Sex is deliberate and consensual (well it better be!) whereas Love is an unpredictable accident that sometimes just happens without any intervention or control
  • Erik Thue
    Erik Thue wrote:
    having sex, man love to say
    making love, woman love to say
  • Marte Joahansen
    wow....i'm kinda like shock-aprise-stonished...i.e shocked,surprised and astonished at the same time...
    But anyways, I think it makes sense knowing i aint going crazy wiv. the thoughts
    and feels i had in previous times..but,to correct 木潜艇 ..no disrespect though..sometimes, women feel they are the only one's who have feelings..or rather hearts to be broken.
    Men are not so different from women..except the fact that we lead and besides we don't have to experience the monthly thing.
    Lest i forget, we got balls for differenciative clarity...lol.
  • ♥Playboy ♥
    Oh ! i am so shy to speak ...... hehe ;)
  • Åse Marie Strand
    Oh man guys. this seems to me to be a silly question. Here is some clarification from a journalistic standpoint.

Sex is sex, the act of it. Example: when you have angry make up sex, this is not usually labelled as "making love."

Making love, in the Westernized sense, refers to an act of intercourse that is emotionally charged by the love two people have for one another. There is no limitation based on sex involved here. A man can make love just as a woman can.

Sex can be meaningless while love making is not. Does this help clarify?
  • Åse Marie Strand
    PS Jon:

Um...I should hope that lovemaking is also consensual...otherwise I would not call it lovemaking. Unpredictability does not necessarily warrent non-consent...
  • Undermoonlight
    So, all in all, lovemaking is having sex under the mighty, ubiquitous banner of LOVE...everyone LOVEs to decorate their animal instincts with some sort of romantic or civilized elements----that's the triumph of our human civilization...:(
  • Joakim Berg Solum
    Laura, I was referring to the question above: "i propose to switch the question to what is the difference between Sex and Love "

Lovemaking is consensual sure, but love itself... I don't know, usually it seems pretty accidental to me. Deliberate love I associate more with say.... stalkers, and Humble Servant from this forum hahaha
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    i think its fantastic to have sex with people u adore while u know he/she adore u as well,the process supposes to be called"lovemaking",and its memorable.
    sex(only lust) is a way to satisfy the physical desire,as long as u vent it out(cum),its over.

• Marte Joahansen
    if only topics like this would be understood, i still wonder why there's the whole "Indian god and goddess thing" Kamasutra i mean....where a normal man proposes to run away with a frightingly beautiful young maid..for centuries they are believed to be mountain bound...Now, that kind of Love i guess i'm yet to either believe in or rather experience in the next lifetime...cos to me...it does'nt make sense.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Nah, you're all wrong! Love does not exist, you just settle with someone coz you're affraid to die alone. And since you're not brave enough to admit it, you put some pretty words around it to hide yourself "love" "feelings" "eternity" blah blah... In the meantime you have sex because it's fun

;-)
  • Åse Marie Strand
    stalkers?
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    I guess that "stalkers" is for my post, then:
    Yeah, that's the easy answer that does not need you to read what I just did post and think about it. I stand by what I said and definitely think there is a lot of truth in it.
  • Cuteangelalice
    well...im totally agree of saibo~ cos we are afaid to die alone, and thats why we are looking for somone to being together .

"And since you're not brave enough to admit it, you put some pretty words around it to hide yourself "love" "feelings" "eternity" blah blah... In the meantime you have sex because it's fun"
    bingo ~
  • Nadia Mohammad
    same!!! as long as you had fun!
  • Erik Thue
    Erik Thue wrote:
    making love: 行房事
    having sex:日,操
  • Marte Joahansen
    Saibo what gives me the impression you see sex or love as being material ?...
    No disrespect though, any of the acts entails more than materialistic views to
    it.... even if they are both performed by material beings.
  • Bjørnar Mørkedal
    Sex is a relief against the loneliness, after sex without love you feel like in the begining
    Love is a cure the loneliness, after this you feel very good, and you want more and more haha
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    You know what, I tried to turn my thoughts many ways around to answer to you, but actually think I see things in a much more pragmatic way than most people so there's no reason this would not be true for love and sex. And no disrespect is taken at all!
  • Xx
    Xx wrote:
    i don't like the idea "sex is a relief",when i feel lonely,i would like to spend some time with close friends;when im upset,i would stay alone.just when i feel really good and feel like to share the passion and body with somebody who has the same idea,then there Come the Sex.
    If my partner don't mind that i use his body to release myself,well i might do it but will feel guilty after the sex.
  • Malin Aaker
    Malin Aaker wrote:
    Hmm I'd say sex is a relief against horniness, but against loneliness, try friendship it should be a much better relief!
  • Bjørnar Mørkedal
    be alone in a crowd is imposible
    be lonely in a crowd is possible, be lonely althought with friends around,
    have sex is something very intimate, a fusion, is a miracle when two become in one...
    but only when behind the sex there is love, the feeling is durable, not an illusion
    myself think, feel and do in this way, i don´t like relief, i like cure
  • Webslave
    Webslave wrote:
    sometimes it is also possible to feel lonely even having your lover/partner lying or sitting next to you. and sex needs the interaction of two.
  • Bjørnar Mørkedal
    For love, the persons must have satisfied their need of sex, their hunger of sex.
    If you need sex, then you can not love.
    women could be happy, if we find our mate on the first try, with the first love.
    men no, even with a perfect woman, they will always be thinking in how would be the life with others... because they are looking for sex goals,
    men, for love,must to let be hunters.
    **** wrote:
    sex is enjoying with someone a intense and strong moment of passion,it's giving something to someone, enjoying life like if you were going to die the next day, it is not selfish.

make love is enjoying the same thingh but with a different approach, its creating a boobles where only you and her matters it is the less selfish love situation, that's why it is the hardest .

i used to be so thrilled about all that but i guess the love situation i am since 2 years and half wich was great is kind of cutting my speech about it wich was so intense .
    kind of lost my tongue, too bad i'm gonna have to think about it again, i'll be back!
    **** wrote:
    a man sexual organs create Hormones all day and all night an when we are full we sundenly feel a urge for sexual intra-course so we can make place to produce again, that's why we have so much interest in sex however each man has a different level of producing, some don't produce so much so they don't need sex so much and some others create such a flow that they need sex at least once a day, so for those people a solid relationship is very hard at the beginning, they need to explore differents experiences with different types of woman so that one day their level of sexual energy is severely reduce and then they can think of having a long term relation ship and think about getting married.
  • Marte Joahansen
    lol.@Alban u jst. created u a medical excuse...but that's proven anyways..

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.