Discussion » Technology » who know how to deliver a wonderful speech

• Gary Bao
    Gary Bao wrote:
    is there any professional speech master, who can tell me how to deliver a wonderful speech, the body language, how to choose the content? tks
  • Patrick Coleman
    first overcome stage fright
    thats my 2 cents
    for the second third fourth you have to pay

GOODLUCK
  • Pete DeMola
    Pete DeMola wrote:
    Big topic, buddy.

The most important aspect of public speaking is connecting with your audience: firm eye contact, positive body language (no crossed arms, no fidgeting) and lots of visuals (including handouts and audiovisual materials) to back up your talking points.

Use notes as a basic guide, but never read directly from a transcript. Use PowerPoint to accessorize your presentation, but don't depend on it entirely.

Good luck!

• 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

No one seemed to have mentioned that sure-win weapon on stage? Always remember to smile, but do not grin like an idiot...

You asked about "how to choose content" ... it depends on you as well as the audience, so I will add on top of what Jeffrey said, "know the audience, but more importantly, know yourself and know your stuff" ...

A slightly more technical aspect is the acoustic ... there are many talents in this community who can teach you about this, so I think you are in good hands, but I will say one thing, in most of the cases, acoustic always work against the speaker, so remember to speak in a pace that your audience can follow and understand, otherwise your audience might as well get a CD or tape ...

If you can tell us what kind of speech and what kind of audience, maybe others can chip in a little bit more ...

• wrote:
    google carnegie_dale_-_art_of_public_speaking.rar
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)

Hahahaha ... I have the PDF of this book (in archive) if anyone is interested, but if I remember correctly, it might be too big for email... also, it does not seem that Gary has much time to read through it before his big day ...

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.