Discussion » Nonsense » Let rethink Internete with Hillary Clinton

  • wrote:
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1491134/posts

    Hillary Rodham Clinton said IN 1998 during a meeting with reporters said that "we are all going to have to rethink how we deal with" the Internet because of the handling of White House sex scandal stories on Web sites.

    Clinton was asked whether she favored curbs on the Internet, after the DRUDGE REPORT made headlines with coverage of her husband's affair with a White House intern. "We are all going to have to rethink how we deal with this, because there are all these competing values ... Without any kind of editing function or gatekeeping function, what does it mean to have the right to defend your reputation?" she said.

    Hillary Clinton Continued:

    "I don't have any clue about what we're going to do legally, regulatorily, technologically -- I don't have a clue. But I do think we always have to keep competing interests in balance. I'm a big pro-balance person. That's why I love the founders -- checks and balances; accountable power. Anytime an individual or an institution or an invention leaps so far out ahead of that balance and throws a system, whatever it might be -- political, economic, technological --out of balance, you've got a problem, because then it can lead to the oppression people's rights, it can lead to the manipulation of information, it can lead to all kinds of bad outcomes which we have seen historically. So we're going to have to deal with that. And I hope a lot of smart people are going to --"

    REPORTER: Sounds like you favor regulation.

    MRS. CLINTON: Bill, I don't know what -- that's why I said I don't know what I'm in favor of. And I don't know enough to know what to be in favor of, because I think it's one of those new issues we've got to address. We've got to see whether our existing laws protect people's right of privacy, protect them against defamation. And if they can, how do you do that when you can press a button and you can't take it back. So I think we have to tread carefully.
    ====================================
    haha, interesting and good article.
  • 王望魍
    王望魍 wrote:
    sun, why do you hate china?
  • wrote:
    Are you moron?
    You can not understand this article and the recent statement given by Hillary Clinton?
  • 王望魍
    王望魍 wrote:
    sun, only a moron would hate china, which you clearly do.

    so tell, what are your reasons for hating china so much?
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    She said:

    ¨I'm a big pro-balance person¨ = I like the status quo

    ¨Anytime an individual or an institution or an invention leaps so far out ahead of that balance and throws a system, whatever it might be -- political, economic, technological --out of balance, you've got a problem, because then it can lead to the oppression people's rights¨ = we must to be alert with the new things that can change the system.
    What wrong with the Free speech? Not enough control that a farmer fucker lambs with a shotgun would kill you if you said somehing ¨bad¨ about his pretty way of life ???? I think that is a good control, if not you can ask to John and Robert Kennedy, Malcom X, Martin Luther King..... they don´t need internet control




  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... 岑麟艺, Sun seems to have gone offline for dinner, so I might have to tell you this ... the truth is that there are a lot of such "morons" around the world, some might even be in China now, right next to you ... just look and listen with your heart, not your eyes and ears ...
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    mmm... thanks Sun, I have discovered -FreeRepublic-, and now the world is more dark :/ buaaa buaaa :´( I will try to eat some chocolate (legal chocolate) for take off the bad mood after read somethings in that page

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Republic
  • wrote:
    Adolfo,

    Can you read Chinese:
    http://news.ifeng.com/world/201001/0123_16_1522865.shtml

    I posted this article just in order to show the double standard used by Hillary Clinton and the government she represented. It is not an isolated article, I just used her words to let others know more facts.

    叮当,

    It is interesting to know that some stupid Chinese thought that I hate China and some other peoples like Save the World and few thought that I hate the west, democracy and freedom. haha. Wonderful feeling to be regarded as enemies for both sides. I have to say these guys should learn more about the truths.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Freepers. Ugh.

    Are you trying to point out the hypocrisy of Hill criticizing the Chinese government's Internet censorship policies?

    If so, go piss up a rope. Chinese web censorship will be to the detriment of its own economic and social development. Mark my fucking words.
  • wrote:
    haha,

    Chinese web censorship will be to the detriment of its own economic and social development.
    ===================
    Let's wait and see. In fact, China's social development has been deterred for many years, as for the economic, I do not know.

    Are you trying to point out the hypocrisy of Hill criticizing the Chinese government's Internet censorship policies?
    ==================
    It's obvious. I do not like this kind of politician cheating and duping only for its own interests. If they want to push China to make any progress, they should be sincere and positive.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... Sun ... you cannot win them both, but in your case, you are losing both ... I thought you went out to dinner?
  • wrote:
    There are no losing and winning, just a forum, take it easy.
    If you visit the forum, you should be ready for different view.
  • 叮噹叔叔 (令狐叮噹)
    ...

    Hahahaha ... true true ...
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Sun
    Hillary is a strawman. I'm not arguing on her behalf. I don't care for her at all. Her rationale for Internet regulation is as patently false as the Chinese one.

    Her hypocrisy does not invalidate her point about Chinese web censorship policies, which cannot be justified. I think the powers that be are just trying to avoid addressing the concerns of Google and other high tech companies.

    So what? Are you taking sides with river crabs and Green Dam and "The connection was reset?"
  • wrote:
    haha, I agree with you, but I just want to show out the facts to someone who do not has such a clear brain and standpoint as you have. No one likes to be Green Damed, but the victims of political confrontation are common people.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    @Sun, I can not read chinese, but I will read this, one friend will translate for me
    now i´m watching the film by John Pilger, the link that you put in your profile ;)

    also... mmm I feel something strange when you have put together these words, democracy and freedom,
    They are not the same thing, you can live in a democracy and be a perfect slave (of course a slave with a pretty bill of rights), and you can be free without democracy.
    Also democracy doesn´t imply capitalism system (Atenas of Pericles for example).
    Some political enjoy very much mixing all ideas and concepts.

    But my prefer is that the happiness of the citizen is measured by the GDP, mmm sublime lie, Robert Kennedy has a good discourse, is a pity that also he die by a gun

    however, free speech and liberty have a strong relation. ¨On liberty¨ by John Stuard Mill is a treasure.

  • 王望魍
    王望魍 wrote:
    Sun:
    "China's social development has been deterred for many years..."

    i don't know... this looks like you hate china a lot...
  • 王经纬
    王经纬 wrote:
    tell Google to piss off. If they are not happy about rule, they can decide not to play the gam. But obviously , what a trip they have been playing !!!!!!!!!!
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    哪咤: That's probably what they will do, because playing ball with the government here is hurting them in other markets, where media companies are expected to be open and resistant to attempts to obstruct the free flow of information.

    At least you have to admire their candor.
  • wrote:
    Evan,

    Google let you and Ethan down, Google did not and will not quit Chinese market, haha
    Frankly speaking, from the beginning, I wish Google can behave like a man, but the fact is Google still just use this kind obsolete trick to attract eye balls from the west. I suggest that you find some information about Google's influence on White House, its connection with CIA and its competition with Microsoft and Apple. Very interesting story.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    @Sun. Google can not behave like a man, because google is god, omnipresent and omniconscious.

    Colonialism has been summarized in the books of text like the ´unequal trade´ (steal) raw materials in other countries. But also, the most important, new markets where sell the surplus products. For example, What was ¨the opium war¨? The British Empire in war China with the opium? or in war with China with the possibility of sell in China the opium collected in India? and now some companies are crying for that they want to do ¨bussiness¨ and someone does´t let them.

    Google is not equal free speech
    and
    FREE SPEECH IS NOT FREE MARKET,
    joder !!!! Free Market is the same that liberty? when the free market gives birth monopoly O_o

    The happy solution for the commercial harmony is learn hypocrisy
    Don´t say you can not open this here, or something similiar, bla bla
    you must to say keywords and use them ¨rates, tariffs¨
  • wrote:
    some companies are crying for that they want to do ¨bussiness¨ and someone does´t let them.
    ==========
    haha, I wish Google do not want to do business in China, although Chinese government do want Google to do business but behave like a normal one.

    The Death of Davos Man--The Death of Davos
    http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/NussbaumOnDesign/archives/2010/01/the_death_of_da.html

    China and Globalization
    http://www.rand.org/pubs/testimonies/CT244/

    I planned to read these two articles, because they can show the change of the world, hehe. The Google matter is just an episode during this process.

    The happy solution for the commercial harmony is learn hypocrisy
    =============
    maybe.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Sun:
    They won't have to. I think previously blocked search phrases are still returning active hits on google.cn and google.com. They're refusing to play ball and so far they're getting away with it unpunished. Pretty goddamned manly if you ask me.
  • A豆腐
    A豆腐 wrote:
    when some presidents, flags of the capitalism and pro-globalization (sense of commercial), say to the people of their countries - ¨DOn´t buy the products from x country-, What is it?
    And the hard tasks that you have to pay, when you try to import something, in the frontier of the countries flag of the free markert....

    Hyprocrisy and contradictory thought are the keys

    The richness is where the factories are, where are the important factories? My macbook said me when I see under it, Made in CHina, designed in California
    And the richness moves with the luxury, What things the rich people buy here?

    In my country, the workers protests because the companies brings the factories to other countries, to the countries where the salary is cheap, and the salary for a worker in a factory is always the cost of maintenance.
    And Now the companies protest because they can not buy their products in these countries.

    jaja ¡¡¡QUÉ CARA MÄS DURA!!!! sense of shame, what is this?


    So, that I give you, you give me it back.

    Delicious circle
  • wrote:
    Evan,

    I seldom used any constrained keywords required by Chinese government to search, and there are so many news sources, I do not need to search those keywords purposely. Those rumors and so-called human rights activists never influence most people's life in China, such as Ti'an'men Square, Dalai Lama, if I want, I can have many ways to know the facts and it turns out most the westerners do not know exactly what happened. Frankly speaking, most educated people in China know much more about other countries than people in other countries know about China. For example, I watched many podcasts about Dalai Lama in the west, I never saw those western reporters who are so care about the freedom and human rights in Tibet understand a basic fact that 95% people in Tibet before the so-called invasion of China are serfs, they never asked about the biggest slave owner, Dalai Lama (even this title was given by Chinese government, do you know?), whether he is the slave owner, why not? What a wonderful question.

    If Google do not quit Chinese market, which can only prove its hypocrisy and result in that more and more Chinese young men dislike it. Actually, I do not care about Google, I just understand more about the complicated thing behind this Google matter. Just as I said, The Google matter is just an episode during this process. You will see more and more Google matters in the future. That's all, hehe
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Sun,
    Do you enjoy being a condescending asshole?

    I understand both sides of the Tibet issue and while I am tempted to pull a banmennongfu and show you just how politically savvy I am, instead I'm going to reciprocate all of the arrogance and rudeness you've shown in this thread by immaturely reminding you that the Dalai has a Nobel Peace Prize. How many mainlanders have one of those?

    Suck it.

    So-called educated Chinese such as yourself are the biggest obstacles to Chinese progress. Think critically instead of bragging about your iPod.
  • №❶ Passioη
    I luv u "Shino W"... You're the sweetest thing on this Forum
  • wrote:
    Even,

    Do not use ASSHOLE, by the way, Obama also got Nobel Prize. I have to say what kind peace this country brought to this world, wars in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places. If you want to argue with others, you'd better based on some truths, do you have a Nobel Prize? You don't, if that mean you are an ASSHOLE?

    You have to SUCK Dalai Lama's penis, you know why? Because it is the most holy ritual to become a true Lama, hi, you never have the opportunity to suck Dalai, so if that mean you are an ASSHOLE? What a regret for you.

    You understand nothing about Tibet and its culture, you are NUTS, do you want to know more, try to learn to read Chinese, can you read Chinese, if you can not, how can you understand Tibet? haha, do not act like a FOOL! Lying but not felling guilty, it is you. Try to learn some truths about Tibet and its religion, try to read these articles, if you can not, it proves how stupid you are:
    http://www.realsidelama.cn/

    "all of the arrogance and rudeness you've shown in this thread "
    haha, I have endure such attitude more from your westerners than I gave to you.

    If you do not want to talk peacefully, I can tell you haw stupid you are.
    Try to beg Dalai to let him allow you SUCK his cock.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    Sun:
    But, you are an asshole. You haven't said a goddamn thing that I haven't heard before from more intelligent Chinese people and you have continually told me and others to seek more information, as though you are uniquely informed. That's arrogant. You assume that since I'm a westerner I'm pro-Tibetan independence. That's presumptuous.

    Like I said. I know both sides of the issue. And I don't need to get into a pissing match with you over it. It's irrelevant to the discussion we were having, in which you were behaving quite badly.

    In my own country, I'm a political radical and an anti-war activist. I don't hold water for my country's foreign policy. And I certainly don't care very much for Dalai, who gets paid by the CIA. Do I give a fuck about the Nobel Peace Prize? Not really. It's a joke of an award.

    Seems like you shouldn't have changed the subject to something as irrelevant as Tibet. I think you did it to hide the fact that you don't know what you're talking about re: the Google issue. But hey I don't care now. Your butthurt attitude is worth plenty in entertainment value.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    I will thank you to not send your replies to my private message box and guestbook. Keep them in your irrelevant thread, where they belong.

    Jesus Christ. How childish. You just have to get the last word, don't you?
  • Candy Q
    Candy Q wrote:
    @Sun姐姐,chill, no offense but I think u overreacted, read his posts carefully before u fight him...I think there's some misunderstanding...
    @Evan,"Her rationale for Internet regulation is as patently false as the Chinese one." that's a good one! END of discussion. lol
    But in addition, China do more than just web censorship, they are watching your phone calls, e-mails, etc...seems to me that the government somehow think by controlling what information people get they can gain control of what people think, and one step further, THEY can develop faster and more easily according to their will...by "they",I meant the government. However the country happened to develop at the same time, "for the convenience". So people are still cool with everything.
    When will we start going down? I don't know. So far so good. But we do have some tragic history to learn from. I think THEY can afford some changes, for safety sake.
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Candy:
    First, thanks for your understanding. You're a gifted diplomat.

    Second, I can't be so sure that they don't do the same thing in the US, in spite of laws forbidding snooping on citizens. I'm sure I'm on some lists with the government for some of the crazy political statements I made against my own government when I was younger.

    Lastly, and on the contrary, I think censorship and media control are more detrimental to the common people than criminals and extremists who could potentially pose a threat to the state. You can build a wall today but the invaders will come back with ladders tomorrow.

    My angle is that it inhibits technological and therefore economic and social development in China. Three Internet backbones are not enough to connect the world and it's most populous nation. Something has to give.
  • wrote:
    Evan,

    "I'm sure I'm on some lists with the government ..."
    haha, you can ask for political protection from Chinese government, I wish they can help you. Welcome you to join this dictatorship, haha

    "Three Internet backbones are not enough to connect the world and it's most populous nation. "
    Do not need to worry, Chinese government are doing some big thing to converge the Internet, Telecommunication Network and Broadcast network into on network, in Chinese " 三网合一“, which will greatly influence the network situation in China.
  • 王望魍
    王望魍 wrote:
    "我只是在猜想" http://www.bullock.cn/blogs/twocold/archives/93216.aspx

    2016年 100万失业的五毛党因为根本没有其他技能,一直找不到工作,没有生活保障,数万五毛党开始向北京聚集,该年儿童节,十万五毛党在政府门前静坐绝食,要求政府安排工作或者买断工龄,并追加公务员称号。人民日报发文表示,政府从来没有过网络评论员这个职业,所有的网络评论均为五毛党自发评论。五毛党们拿不出任何劳动合同来证明其和政府之间的劳动关系。

    / the future never looked so bright!
  • wrote:
    对呀,我还没拿到国家给我的发帖费用呢,你帮我问一下爱什么时间发薪水吧?
  • 王望魍
    王望魍 wrote:
    好好志愿啊。。。

    呵呵。。。
  • 随便叫兽
    随便叫兽 wrote:
    @Sun: No doubt. Your country treats me too well already. All too oft better than its own.

    Yes, the government will do something. Maybe, make a new department or ministry to take care of it so you'll never have to think about it ever again much less coherently explain how reshuffling some state owned media companies is going to fix the bandwidth issue I had mentioned earlier.

Please login to post a reply to this thread.

WeLiveInBeijing

WeLiveInBeijing.com is a social community for people living in or traveling to Beijing.

Powered by: Bloc